Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Star_Platinum

Star_Platinum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reallly? Let me guess, thanks to the smcr?
    dhally likes this.
  2. MotoMattNYC

MotoMattNYC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a rumor take it with a grain of salt. I also see they fucked the smcr with the shitty hud that we have
  3. coq

coq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I decided to get the tuning kit with akrapovic slip-on and new sir filter etc. for my 701 Enduro. I contacted my dealer and Husqvarna unfortunetly can't deliver it until mid May. Last summer after an attempted theft that left me with a broken ignition lock, I has to wait three months for parts. Was not fun to not be able to use my all new bike on peak season.

Anyway, I'm also installing a PCV. Would there be any noticable gains to get the PCV now with stock exhaust and air filter? I noticed Power Commander had a map availible for download for stock configuration. If it's not noticable I might wait with the PCV until I get the full tuning kit.

I won't be getting a custom tuning on a dyno bench this season, I might get it done next season. Anyone have a fitting map to share with me or know where I can get it? Power Commander only offered the map for wings/rottweiler configuration.

My 701 is a european model btw. (dunno if that matter but PC specified that for some of their downloadable maps)
  4. Smileyboy

Smileyboy Just Living The Dream.....

Oddometer:
    Heard the same thing on another forum from a guy who has a mate that works for KTM. Apparently they are going to concentrate on the 690 which baffles me as the 701 probably has outsold the 690 over the past few years.
    MotoMattNYC likes this.
  5. Oetker

Oetker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why would you get a PCV with the tuning kit, it includes a new ECU mapping. With a stock configuration it'll improve driveability as the engine can run less lean.
  6. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    Of course. How else would the system know it is you that wants to ignore some one?
  7. Oetker

Oetker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be surprised if they discontinue it. However KTM's ways have always been mysterious, such as (as mentioned above) putting the same display on the new 690 and then adding a dedicated handle bar switch to control the TC, instead of just adding an LCD from their parts bin.

For 2019 there's some small changes, looking at the parts list the cam has a new part number (doesn't have to mean anything) and the side stand is shorter.
  8. coq

coq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In time I will make a custom tuning in PCV.

I have heard of people getting the tuning kit with map and thought it didn't do much at all and was dissapointed, when they added a PCV they experience huge difference and was satisfied.
  9. Smileyboy

Oddometer:
    I have fitted the tuning kit map, airbox & Akrapovic & i definitely feel a difference over stock
    motad likes this.
  10. motad

motad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you’re getting the husky/akra tuning kit you won’t really need a PC5 or custom map mate. You’ll just be spending a lot of money for not much performance gains. The map that gets reflashed on to your ECU from the akra tuning kit is pretty good. You’d be better off spending the money on a 15 tooth front sprocket to be honest. Save your money. I’ve got a custom map on mine and it only got me 3hp and 1.3 ft.lbs more at the wheel. But I only paid £200 for it where as a PC5 and custom map will cost well over double that.

11. motad

motad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmm. That goes against any dyno chart evidence I’ve seen. I’d suggest they didn’t actually get the map reflashed properly, it’s psychological or their dyno tuner that developed the custom map on their PC5 managed to do what pirate racing did (which no one else apart from them seems to have been able to do!).
  12. coq

coq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guess I'll look into only getting the tuning kit then, saving some money on the power commander.
  13. Smileyboy

Oddometer:
    I would like a better sump guard / bash plate for my 701, any advice as to what is the best one.

Orra-3.jpg Orra-1.jpg
    MotoMattNYC likes this.
  14. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/aussie-husky-701-owners-thread.1120127/page-82#post-36934074 this might help answer a couple of questions , but i think you will waste your money unless you do alot of mods first
  15. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
  16. Smileyboy

Oddometer:
  17. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short... Supporter

Oddometer:
    BlackDogCycleWorks and Smileyboy like this.
  18. coq

coq Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. motad

motad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Makes sense mate. in case you didn't see it earlier in the thread here's my dyno graph showing difference between husky tuning map (red line) and a custom map (blue line)...

IMG_8561.JPG

From my whole experience with this there's a really simple divide...

– if you can get the husky/akra tuning kit then don't bother getting a power commander and custom map
    – if you can't get the husky/akra tuning kit then get a power commander and custom map
    Smileyboy likes this.
  20. Smileyboy

Oddometer: