Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Behind the headlight.. behind the metal bracket on the RH side. Female Spade marked "AUX1, AUX2"
    NSFW likes this.
  2. NoelJ

NoelJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mounted my controller on the left, under the mirror mount stud [even though the stock mirrors are long gone]. I can't reach it without moving my hand off the grip, but it doesn't matter much - they aren't adjusted very frequently.
  3. SonoraDave

SonoraDave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @mtntrails as far as the Rade tank goes, save yourself half the money and just get the tank up grade kit and buy a small Acerbis cap for the Rade tank. I was lucky and they sent the carbon fiber cover that goes around the cap and the ignition key. If your upgrade kit doesn't come with the carbon fiber cover it is easy to modify the stock cover to make the Rade tank work. I paid $250 for the kit delivered to the door plus an additional $15 for the Acerbis cap. I retained the stock fuel tank cap on the back tank and used the siphon method. If you keep the stock cap don't forget to drill the vent out and remove the ball.
    Colorad0 likes this.
  4. NoelJ

NoelJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good advice - I did exactly as you describe, detailed here somewhere. I drilled the vent hole larger but left the ball and spring. I like the idea of a horizontal bike remaining leak-free. Seems like I bought a plastic tee for the tubing lines too.
  5. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    How is the fuel getting through the ball, the ball acts as a one way valve does it not?
  6. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    You drill out the ball so the hole is slightly larger.

As an added measure of filtration, I added an inline fuel filter on the front rade fuel tank cap with some clear hose.
    SonoraDave and a2zworks like this.
  7. CAMMShaft

CAMMShaft Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also went from an 09 690 to a 17 701 and I miss the low end thrill of a handful of throttle. It sometimes makes me question my choice to change. Riding at high speeds on the 701 makes me feel a little better.

CAMM
  8. NoelJ

NoelJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does - and the "one way" is INTO the tank, since it acts to relieve the vacuum as fuel is drawn down. That vacuum is what pulls fuel vapor out of the canister in an unmodified state. The purpose of the spring and ball is to act as a check valve to keep liquid in the main tank, yet vacuum pressure overrides the spring and lets air in and prevent vapor lock. For the Rade tank it's drilled out to a bigger size to let in fuel instead of just air; the tiny OEM hole is very restrictive. Undrilled, the siphon method works but not well.
    a2zworks likes this.
  9. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    as for the 701 slaves, the ones that are failing have the x-ring seal, for instance my 2018. i brought this up at KTM in Mattighoffen last August when i was there. according to one of the top managers, they are aware of that issue and changed the x-ring to another design. the next question is if your 2019 has the x-ring seal or the new design. i don't recall if they redesigned the entire slave unit.

thanks and i am using that to run my GPS. i could run a long wire or tap to the tail light and add a relay.
  10. David Coulthard

David Coulthard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like the husky kit carries the fuel a lot higher than the Aurora. There will probably be quite different handling characteristics between the two.
    640 Armageddon and Thomas-G like this.
  11. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @
    Hey @CAMMShaft
    Have you had yours remapped ?
    The difference is subtle but spectacular .

Kiwirich
  12. CAMMShaft

CAMMShaft Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried. I took it to the dealer and they said there are no maps available. Any suggestions of other options (other than dropping a ton of money on a power commander)?

CAMM
  13. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. new2adv

new2adv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a factory map available, it's part of the Husqvarna "Evo" kit which also includes a less restrictive airbox and an emissions delete. My dealer remapped my bike with it and it really wakes it up. I noticed the difference mainly at low and mid RPM. (At 74 HP stock, it's not like this thing needs any more power at high RPM...)

However... it may not be legal for your dealer to install it depending on local state laws. For sure it's not legal in California, not sure about other areas as it varies state by state. That's likely why they didn't mention it.

Unfortunately only dealers can do the re-map. If you want to do it yourself, your only option is Power Commander. But trust me, it's worth the extra dough! There is a ton of power in that motor just waiting to be unleashed.
    Colorad0 likes this.
  15. The.Cheese

The.Cheese Adventurer

Oddometer:

The controller should be able to detect if the bike is running or not and if voltage gets too low to run em. Oxford's recommends straight to the battery. That said I have mine hooked up to an aux fuse box.
    NSFW likes this.
  16. Maugrim

Maugrim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen a nice solution for relocating the dashboard to on top of handlebar mount or a 3d model that at least can serve as a starting point for such a thing? I would like to fit a tablet as close as possible in front of the handlebar
  17. CAMMShaft

CAMMShaft Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there some kind of map # or something I can tell them to identify what I need? I am afraid they will just blow me off without something to identify what I need. They claimed they hooked my bike up to the computer and could not find any available maps. They were willing to map it if they found one.

CAMM
  18. ThuleSwe

ThuleSwe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From 2019 it's not available anymore
  19. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    EVO1 & EVO2
    1 is for open airbox and exhaust.
    2 is for the above plus cam.
  20. b0yjeenyus