Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. sati8d

sati8d REALLY?? Eh! Oh! ca va pas non??? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went from K&N cone filter to RG Twin Air, night and day better feel, wheelies easy no clutch in 2and a wee bit in 3rd
  2. Oetker

Oetker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seems you have it figured out but I was dealing with a similar noise a while back, the issue was that the chain had eaten through the top slider enough that it was also eating into the screw that attaches the chain guard.
    felixblack1 likes this.
  3. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    My brand new 11 miles old bike Slave went. I told the dealer I'm going with rekluse instead of waiting for factory junk. They agreed. It's a shame 2020 bikes still have this problem. Plus getting parts gonna be hard for a while. I did by a ten pack of Orings but then decided on a more permanent solution.
  4. felixblack1

felixblack1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm thanks will check that as a precaution. May explain why chain needs to be slightly tighter then spec
  5. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    my 2018 has less than a 1k miles when the clutch slave leaked. even though it was still on factory warranty, i replaced it with oberon myself. sadly, here i dont trust the dealer to do the repair. i almost crashed after i bought the bike. paid $$$ set up fee and still they forgot to tighten the screw above the brake pedal. the screw that limits the pedal play. next thing i know, it jammed the rear and went sideways. glad i saved myself and the bike.
  6. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    OK - first, let me apologize... I’m asking a question that I know has been answered, but I can’t find the answer and DO NOT want to do damage.

2017 Husky 701 SM. I have a 16t OEM front sprocket, many people are suggesting going to 15t for better pull in all gears. I do not need the top-end of the OEM gearing. I read that with 15t 120mph is max speed. I don’t think I’ll be doing that anytime soon.

That said, I read a lot about the need for the sprocket to be EXACTLY the OEM thickness, or it will wear out the seal on the inside of the sprocket. I really do NOT want to do that.

Can someone please post (again) a link where I can obtain one? I have searched on this thread, and run it throught the googles... no joy.

Again, apologies and thanks.

Barry
  7. jams229

jams229 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What dos the RG stand for?
  8. HBSURFDAD

HBSURFDAD Let's go see what's over there Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rade Garage, Great aftermarket parts.
  9. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    any place that sells OEM KTM/Husky I use Rocky Mountain ATV
    Barry likes this.
  10. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Thanks. The Rocky Mountain page shows the various CS sprockets as “damped”, which I believe is what is required for the Husky....
  11. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    The dampening is just rubber glued to the sprocket for noise reduction. I believe all the OEM ones have that. Not that big a deal. I've had the rubber come off the sprocket
  12. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    The flange thickness is key, from what I read. Too thin (non-OEM spec) and it will wear the seals. Long as it is OEM I’m comfy. I wanna’ go down 1 tooth.
  13. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hooked up the Trail Tech Voyager pro on the 701 today (my ktm 300 will wait til tomorrow). Went smooth. I didn't want the beast on a ram mount so I made a plate for it and fastened it to the handlebar mount. Once I ride and see how the glare is, I can bend the plate down a little if needed.
    Everything went smooth and TT supplied to correct parts HOWEVER, the temp sensor wire is about 6" too short. It does reach ok but really needs more wire so you can route it behind the plastic panels. As it is now, it's singin in the breeze above the radiator. w/e.
    Wire wrapped as directions said.. hint: a little soapy water makes the rubber much easier to work with.
    20200321_102139.jpg
    20200321_102158.jpg

While I had the side cover off, I smashed a spare fuel pump in the useless tool cady.
    20200321_095114.jpg

This is where the temp sensor gets screwed in.
    20200321_100615.jpg

I put my "friend tracker" antenna behind the light shroud.
    20200321_104844.jpg
    HBSURFDAD, PYG RYDR and NSFW like this.
  14. Todd157k

Oddometer:
    This is what my dash looks like..
    20200321_154038.jpg
    20200321_154048.jpg
    20200321_155803.jpg
    Panders, PYG RYDR and SonoraDave like this.
  15. Todd157k

Oddometer:
    I didn't purchase the wheel sensor. GPS speedo is fine with me. Downside is the fuel gauge estimator won't work. bfd.
  16. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tach work OK? I've heard a lot of negatives about twin plugs and sensor tachometers.
  17. Todd157k

Oddometer:
    Seems to work fine. I don't know how accurate it is, but idle was a little over 600 rpm, revved up and tracked ok.
    NoelJ likes this.
  18. dhally

dhally Hammerhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Covid-45 update s?

I have street tires still mounted from my CSM Peace Party ride in Sept.,so I've been out riding the new subdivisions on tops of hills. Hooning.

Today I took all my gas cans down for a sterile fuel transfer. That way I can fuel up at home and don't need to carry nitrile gloves on my rides..

Damn it's hard to represent responsible motorcyclists with this bike!
  19. JPA

JPA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't it be around 1600...1700 rpm?
    dstutz likes this.
  20. ShawnKTM530EXC

ShawnKTM530EXC Long timer

Oddometer:
    It’s not that it wears it out. To thin and the sprocket doesn’t put enough pressure up against the seal. And, some seem to leak and it seems, some don’t.
    Barry likes this.