1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. hardhat

hardhat Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    On the ACC2: Not sure hoe much curent yiu can pull thru the acc2 wires. Prob ok for a USB charger. Maybe if you want to hook aux lights up you should use a relay with power line back to battery ans relay contolled only with acc2. Just a thought.
  2. SaugeenADV

SaugeenADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The grips are about 4A (from what I have read) and the ACC2 is fused at 10A so it should be fine there, I haven't looked at the wiring diagram to see where the USB is fed from but its only about 400mA so I'm not too worried about it. For lights I would add a relay and wire direct to the battery. Lights are likely to be the next project
  3. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    Oberon or rekluse. He'll save money and time in the long run .
    GF-kam likes this.
  4. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    At this point, I am even thinking of proactively putting one of the two aftermarket slave clutch on my 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R. I have 6,600 miles on my stock slave clutch. The dealer I trust in Ashville, NC ...Eurosports... recommends the Rekluse. He did mention they see the majority of failures with the Husky slave cylinder and much less with KTM 690.

I looked at the Rekluse design and looks more robust than the stock. Two conventional O rings and a bigger spring.

https://blog.rekluse.com/the-rekluse-manual-slave-cylinder-advantage

Any thoughts on whether Oberon or Rekluse is better?

What kind of service intervals on something like a Rekluse slave clutch? Just change the O rings?

What kind of mileage should I expect from these aftermarket slave clothes ( life span )?

Thanks.
  5. Zepphead

Zepphead Ride,explore,camp Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sigutech ( Germany ) also makes a robust slave as well.
    TripleClamp Moto has a good price on the Oberon.
    Have a Oberon on my 990AdvR for 15000+ miles with no issues .
    Still using oem on my ‘17 701 w/6500m no failure yet.
    GF-kam likes this.
  6. hardhat

hardhat Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe wont save money w the Reklus but youll have more fun and you friends will think you are a better rider than you really are!
    Chillis and Yukon Ho! like this.
  7. Bbrreenntt

Bbrreenntt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

So I've been reading and dreaming in this forum for awhile, and I am about to pull the trigger on a 2019 701E. I've ridden a 2019/20 KTM 690E R at a rally, but never the Husky...I know there are significant difference between the 2019 and 2020 701's...How much would one notice in the ride feel? If I thought the power and weight of the 2020 KTM 690 was reasonable and what I was looking for in a bike, would I notice a difference in the 2019 Husky? I know ride modes don't exist on the 2019, and I would likely put the fuel dongle on the 701 to begin to make the lower end performance better. I'm definitely going to be riding it steep, offroad (not dirtbike though) terrain, as I live in the mountains of British Columbia, Canada, and am surrounded by logging roads, mining trails, lakes, and trees.

What are your thoughts???

My main riding buddies are on a CRF450L and a DRZ-400, and I'm coming off of a BMW F650GS Dakar. I
  8. Northerndr

Northerndr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 20 701, and my buddy has a 19 690. They are virtually identical bikes, might feel a little different around the knees, but similar enough you won’t notice any differences after you make your choice. There might be a suspension difference between the 9 and 20 husky, can’t remember. Just my .02
  9. Northerndr

Northerndr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone been able to order pegs from Bosley? I’ve been trying to order on fb messenger for a few weeks and haven’t got a reply.
  10. Twigsterify

Twigsterify Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have used his E-mail and not his messenger.
    It was this E-mail max_fx@centrum.cz.
    Hope it helps
  11. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you not think a 501 would be better suited to ride with smaller bikes? Then you could all do “dirt bike trails” aka single track and have fun doing it. The 501 is capable of rode rides too! It’s got long legs.
    Northerndr and justlookin like this.
  12. Pooz

Pooz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi folks
    Does anybody here ever has a problem with the subframe bolts? I know I can buy some aftermark parts, but I also heard KTM/Husky use stronger subframe bolts since 2016.
    Thanks
  13. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great post, probably useful to post in the garage form as well. I have pull tested and vibe tested 1000 of connections to failure. Moldable silicon glue Will be the next thing I buy.
    blalor and SaugeenADV like this.
  14. Northerndr

Northerndr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks, will try that
  15. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use these on everything including my boat trailer which goes in saltwater all the time and may be a few days before I can rinse it off with clean water. They don't let the water intrude, connections are solid. All that's needed is a heat gun. I do an 'inline' twist of the two wires, slide the splice over it, heat up the shrink ends first, then the solder. Works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MLHT2NZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    SonoraDave, Zepphead and renogeorge like this.
  16. Bbrreenntt

Bbrreenntt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Could be possible, but I only want one bike, and my Dad and GF both ride bigger BMW's and mostly on road. Was thinking about picking up a CRF250L, but I do want something that I can do decent highway mileage on from time to time.
  17. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    I have rekluse slave cylinder. Not referring to clutch. Money saved on tows.. also there shouldn't be any maintenance to the orings and such. ( Technically there is. Like brake piston o rings. But most people don't do that till it fails)
    MVI likes this.
  18. RRM707

RRM707 Yeah, whatever...

Oddometer:
    It was the first thing I did to my bike when I got it. Well worth the $175.

to avoid getting stuck somewhere.....
    MVI and Foo Bar like this.
  19. Guyote

Guyote Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same here, I went with the rekluse.
    MVI likes this.
  20. Tyestick

Tyestick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The “Easy Shift” function on my 701 Supermoto is extremely hard to operate.

When on the throttle, I’m still having to exert so much force, that I’m damn near bruising the top of my foot. This can’t possibly be normal, right?

Is there a way to adjust the gear shift lever so that it doesn’t take so much force?

Attached Files:

Chillis likes this.