Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trials training center is down the road from me. I have yet to take a class. Watch the Tennessee TKO there, Jarvis makes it look easy.
  2. Doc Sarvis

Doc Sarvis Advent-ia before dementia Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pretty torn- I do enjoy your posts Greasy but that avatar pic is not easy to un-see.
  3. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was a ruff morning quit drinking for two weeks after that, and got an electric start bike.
  4. SaugeenADV

SaugeenADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone bought the "Bling" clutch reservoir cover? (81302933044 ) If so does it also come with the seal? I lost pressure in my clutch today and had leaking fluid around the lever. I was able to top it up with Dot3 fluid and parking lot bled it and was able to finish the ride. Now at home I can hear a sucking sound when I operate the lever. I do see in the parts diagram that the OEM seal and cover are listed as one part (25002033000 ) BUT I might as well get something nice, but only if it comes with the new seal. I already have the Oberon Slave, and probably over tightened the cover when reinstalling it.

[​IMG]
  5. raschaa

raschaa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    beyond the 7 mountains, with the 7 dwarfs
    Can't speak for the clutch side but my billet cover for the brake master came without the diaphragm...
    SaugeenADV likes this.
  6. XJS

XJS n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody, long time lurker first time poster here from Central Europe, Hungary, Budapest.
    Is there anybody who used this dongle on 2021EU 701E modell? Rally Motor Dongle

Already put Wings on the bike, which smoothed out the lowend, curious how this performs.
  7. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Mounted the luggage racks with Mosko adapters as far forward as possible. Still doesn’t interfere with me sitting or standing. Daughter number three was helping today. IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    KiwiPewe, Sno Dawg, WSobchak and 4 others like this.
  8. roookie1

roookie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That wont help. The lower number is at zero degrees celsius. He has to run a 50 oil at a minimum (10w50, or 10w60)
    kten likes this.
  9. rustyshatz

rustyshatz always a noob

Oddometer:
    Yah so one other thing to look into is that KTM replaced the countershaft seal in the 19-20 model year turnover. Of course this was secretive and there was no service bulletin, but the part numbers changed so make sure you have the newer part number in the 21 model. I've replaced it and the seal is completely different.
  10. zipdoa

zipdoa Green friendly giant

Oddometer:
    Best bang-for-buck mod IMO:

[​IMG]

RU-1750 - $60CDN off amazon. I'd love the Rottweiler intake but cannot justify spending 8x more for it.

Also - I got a LeoVince pipe on black friday for $250 from Genial-Motor.it - killer deal, and hoping to get one again for this bike. Is this the best deal for a slip-on exhaust or is there something else worth looking at?
    willh likes this.
  11. DIYPSCM

DIYPSCM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    How is the intake noise?
  12. XLEnduroMan

XLEnduroMan Husky Head.

Oddometer:
    What are you going to do with these dirt suckers?

UBPASj4.jpg
    KiwiPewe, JHof44 and lobotomy like this.
  13. Tangor

Tangor Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can anyone with a 2020-2021 Enduro that is using a Twin Air with the stock airbox confirm the part number you ordered? Revzilla's listing/fitment tool seems at odds with the part description title.
    The part number from Twin Air is: 155510P. Their fitment tool indicates fitment through 2019.

Edit: The stock OEM paper filter does share the same PN between a 2019 and a 2020 which leads me to believe the Twin Air for the '19 will work.

Twin Air for 701.jpg
  14. Pooz

Pooz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    40.000 km inspection.
    Steering bearings OK. I just changed the grease.
    Front wheel bearings completely dry.
    rear wheel bearings still in shape. Nevertheless, I changed them.

Front bearings 6906X2
    Rear bearings 6205x2 for the wheel, 6006x2 for the sprocket support.

I'll try to drive in holiday with that bike. Let's see how many km I can drive without a fail :D
    KiwiPewe and Kiwirich like this.
  15. ThuleSwe

ThuleSwe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's going to be crazy loud
  16. ThuleSwe

ThuleSwe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is going to be f#ng irritating...
  17. CaptnSlo

CaptnSlo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Question - I just installed the OEM heated grips and there's a little extra grip (~1/4") extending off both sides of the handlebar. I think I put the grips on correctly, but my aftermarket handguards won't screw into the grips properly b/c of the 1/4" of extra grip hanging off the sides. For anyone else who has done this with the OEM heated grips, did you have to move everything on the handlebar "in" a little to get them to fit, or add spacers to the handlebar ends, or did I just fit the grips wrong? I watched a video showing installation but he didn't have handguards on his bike. I might just find some spacers to use, but I'm curious if anyone else had this issue. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edit - spacers did the trick

Attached Files:

18. zipdoa

zipdoa Green friendly giant

Oddometer:
    Barely louder than the stock box. I ran one on my 701SM and loved it - great value and noticeably better throttle response, even without a tune. You only really notice it under WOT, but even so the stock exhaust is louder than the intake. I like the noise - pleasing 'whoosh' as the bike breathes.

I'll get a block off kit before going off-road. Still rocking sumo gear from my old bike so not ready for the trails just yet. On the street it's not a huge concern and there's no MIL/CEL.

Sounds like you've never actually installed one - not irritating at all, see above.
  19. zoink

zoink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a few things I could use some help with. Bikes a 2019 enduro.

Working on getting my suspension sorted and first step is getting spring rate right. I'm 190lbs without gear, carry ~40lbs when doing longer trips, but mostly don't ride loaded. I also have a setup of supermoto wheels that I swap on frequently that I'd also like to run at the track, but the factory springs are waaaay soft to really push it as it is. Based on slaven's charts I think I'm gonna go with an 8.0 kg/mm for the rear with an xtrig so I can easily change preload for different setups. For the front I'm not sure what the best move is. Definitely want the front way stiffer for sumo stuff than offroad stuff. The recommendation from racetech for supermoto setup is 0.64kg/mm, which seems crazy high. Does it make sense to just get a set of 0.60kg'mm springs and swap one out for the majority of the time? Figured I can run one 0.60 and one stock 0.54 for combined spring rate of 0.57 in "enduro mode", then just swap the one spring so they're both 0.60s for when I wanna run trackdays. Maybe add some preload caps for more adjustability?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a higher and more centered mounting for a phone/gps? A rally tower would be nice, but I really don't wanna spend that much money. I also already have a really nice aftermarket headlight the PO installed so I'd like to just work with what I have. If someone makes a cross-bar that could tuck behind a small windscreen that would be perfect, I just haven't seen anything like that. Only thing that's kinda like what I want is this mini rally setup from Puig. It's been "in development" per their website forever.

My handlebars also have a slight bend in them. I think I'd like to go a little bit higher since I'm going to replace them, but not so high that I need bar risers. Does anyone know what the stock bar measurements are so I can find something that has maybe a bit more rise?

Appreciate any input.
  20. kten

kten Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is bad advice in relation to the oil weight. He/she needs to run a 50/60W oil. The first number only relates to cold temp start up and it's unlikely to be burning off oil then.
    roookie1 likes this.