Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. DIYPSCM

DIYPSCM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The 701 version has a base that screws right into the stock socket, clears everything and has the right connector. There is no connection for the small lower bulb tho.
  2. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried the "Ergo" seat yet?
    It doesn't look much better than stock.

PHO_HP_NMON_27107940000-ERGO-RIDER-S-SEAT_#SALL_#AWSG_#V1.jpg
  3. smackyface

smackyface Boldly going wherever Supporter

Oddometer:
    For what it’s worth, I’m the same weight as you and the stock suspension was actually dangerous in rough terrain, even with the right springs. The problem is that the fork valving provides very little range of actual adjustment. Not nearly enough rebound, and in my case, the suspension ended up poorly balanced. It showed up as the back end kicking around all over the place, especially in whoops or larger bumps.

I spent the money for a full revalve from a reputable shop and it was so worth it. Now, I’m terrain that felt unridable before, I can feel the bike moving evenly under me and the bike stays right on track.
    Yukon Ho! likes this.
  4. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    What year was your bike? Valving changed in 2020.
  5. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got a golden tire fatty to try up front. hope I can get it on before perry mountain this weekend.
  6. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Super Moderator Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @Doc Sarvis
    When you get the parts , can you share the details ?

TIA
    Kiwirich
    Doc Sarvis and willh like this.
  7. willh

willh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must say I’m pleased with the 15 tooth for the morning city commute on my SM. Able to crawl without the clutch and it’s more lively. Gearing works better/happier engine at the speeds used. Weather permitting I’ll see how it pans out for the twisties.

the 5second blink from the abs light is a little annoying though. Electrical tape or…
    Rodknee likes this.
  8. Dryslick

Dryslick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed the BRP bar clamp and stabilizer mount on my bike this morning. I need more bar height, so I also ordered a BRP's 15mm bar spacer. I ended up not installing it as there doesn't seem to be enough slack in the brake line leading to the front master cylinder. 15mm isn't much (1/2"), but the BRP clamp also raised the bars 15mm so it would be an inch total. Do I need to use a longer brake line to make this work? Not sure I want mess with bleeding ABS brakes. I'll need to install lowered foot pegs anyway, so it might just be a matter of how big a drop I go with.
  9. Brmax

Brmax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On mine a blue frame 20 model right side is mounted the rear brake hose and attached abs cable with black aluminum clamp and its thru bolt
    mjskier likes this.
  10. Brmax

Brmax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I
    I haven't seen one in person, though that to me does look wider in a useable area. Yet looks factory thin.
    Im confident if one never gets their feet of the pegs a wider seat more forward can work. Just another opinion
    Snowq likes this.
  11. Dryslick

Dryslick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you ever wish you’d taken a few more minutes to sort through a problem before you posted a silly question? Got it sorted out, and the bar risers installed. Just wasn’t that hard.
    HBSURFDAD likes this.
  12. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Super Moderator Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're certainly not the first.

Kiwirich
    Dryslick likes this.
  13. mjskier

mjskier Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anybody run into an issue fitting a stiffer shock spring?
    I'm trying to go from the stock 7.6 kg/mm to an 8.0 ('17 701 enduro)
    The spring is about 4 to 5mm wider and doesn't seem to fit between the front of the swing arm and the rear of the frame.
    No matter how much I rotate it to try to find a sweet spot I can't align the bottom holes.
  14. Yaay

Yaay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

i've heard there are adjustable steering locks (to decrease the turning cycle) available for the 2020+ 701s. Couldn't find them online yet though. Anyone has a link or atleast the name to search for? The standard turning radius on this bike is quite annoying :/
  15. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
  16. Big_John

Oddometer:

I know from a lot of Enduro Touring experience with a loaded bike, I will want the "Willy's Jeep Gear" in a lot of riding situations.

Stock being 15/46.... I would like a 14/50 or so, as someone already mentioned, especially if the bike is capable of 65mph with this gearing. Having the bike loaded and riding the Rocky Mountain Region, its nice to crawl around without slipping the clutch so much.

I do wonder about the rear chain guide continuing to fit, moving from a 46 to a 50.

HBSURFDAD likes this.
  17. Big_John

Oddometer:

I ordered this one......

[​IMG]
    Snowq likes this.
  18. Big_John

Oddometer:
    You have my attention and duly noted. I will continue to pay close attention to how she behaves and perform the necessary modifications. I do all my own work and will re-valve if necessary.

hardhat and smackyface like this.
  19. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 701 LR needs this badly as it seems to find the false neutral between 5th 6th regularly. I am running 14 in the front and stock rear and the bike will climb without too much clutch interference. Highway the bike will hum along at 80 no problem and still have plenty of juice left.
  20. Yukon Ho!

Yukon Ho! It's a big world! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes I have had the shift-pro in mine for 2-3 years now, solved the 5th-6th shift misses for me nicely.
    Graniteone likes this.