Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. vanlierde

vanlierde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hi, can someone give me the color code of the 2021 blue frame?
  2. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    2020 Enduro LR. I noticed my ABS sensor on the front is torn it's holding on and is just the rubber wrap that is torn but nearly clean off...wire is intact for now. The part number is 27042025000 and it's a $200-$260 part for an effing cable. Any tips on how I can keep this thing together longer as I doubt even though the bike only has 600 miles on it that it'd be a warranty claim but maybe it is? Anyone had this tear on them? Bike is so low mileage and I don't remember manipulating it to cause the tear.

[​IMG]
  3. Foo Bar

Foo Bar Semper Fi Supporter

Oddometer:
    On full suspension movement it will certainly move a bit. When you've disassembled the headlight, have you rerouted the cable so it has plenty of movement and not snagging/stretching during long suspension movements?

I had bought one of those expensive cables before when diagnosing my speedo not working. Turned out to be the much cheaper $65 ABS switch. The new ABS switch fixed the speedo for a few hundred miles; maybe I need to buy them in bulk...or just use the GPS as a odometer. :hmmmmm

I would have offered to send you the old one, but after looking, think it may have been discarded.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  4. Doc Sarvis

Doc Sarvis Advent-ia before dementia Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cant remember all the mods you did but if you have a Puig windscreen and have not spaced it away from the mask I recall on mine that the routing was problematic.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Thank you both. at just under 4 minutes in ,I do show my routing and point out where the sensor wire is cracked. Let me know if I should route the cable a different way? I will need to buy a new cable it seems or do a "looking to buy" here and see if anyone has a spare laying around. But at least maybe one of you can tell me how to route things better? Thanks !!!

6. Foo Bar

Oddometer:
    I had also wanted to route that cable "neater" as well, but ultimately put it back in the ugly position in front of the headlight and mini stock fairing for full flex. I also have the HDB dash and BRP risers, so those would have added too much stretch [IMHO] if not routed in front of the fairing.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  7. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Sounds like my riding + placement is putting too much stress on the cable. I'll put it back in front then :( but sounds like I'll still end up needing to replace the cable as it's already torn pretty bad. I'm doing 550 miles this weekend off-road so I hope it holds.
  8. Foo Bar

Oddometer:
    If your speedo cable still works, I might try putting some glue around the tear, and finishing off with some heat-shrink tubing over the glue. That should be a decent water-tight fix that may hold and save ~$240ish [tax/shipping].
    KiwiPewe and AdamChandler like this.
  9. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Great idea. Yeah I have plastic bond glue & a nice heat shrink tube. I'll do that today. Called 2 nearest dealers and they don't have the cable in stock. Thank you!
  10. Doc Sarvis

Doc Sarvis Advent-ia before dementia Supporter

Oddometer:
    On McMaster Carr you can look up aluminum spacers with a bore of 5mm (.196") with maybe an 8mm od about 12-16mm long. Then buy a 5mm stainless screw for the extra length you choose. Pic shows the routing has no stress and is free to translate axially. No charge for the house call.
    IMG_20211021_073814122.jpg
    JimmyMojave and smdub like this.
  11. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Adhesive lined heat shrink
  12. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Long timer

Oddometer:
    My ABS sensor was replaced on Monday. It was "only" 115€ (~$135) for the part. Mine hit the front brake because it was loose. The problem is that it's a back-order from the factory. Expected delivery in four weeks. I managed to get a replacement from a test bike at my dealer.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  13. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just to pile on further, a "high ratio" glue lined heat shrink is the ticket. You have to get it over any connections that are larger than cable O.D. Once you own the stuff you'll wonder how you ever managed without it.
    greasyfatman and AdamChandler like this.
  14. smdub

smdub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have spacers between my Puig screen and factory mask like Doc Sarvis shows.

"High ratio" heat shrink is indeed good stuff.
    You can make your own DIY 'glue lined' however in a pinch. Its just hot glue coated inside the heat shrink. Cut a hot glue stick into some thin strips. Stick some strips under the heat shrink. When you shrink it, the glue will melt and flow around.
    Kiwirich, AdamChandler and KiwiPewe like this.
  15. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone recieved and installed the SpeedoX from Aurora?
    Got a ping for batch 2 pre-orders, but not much info available.
  16. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Orome , @andykeck , @GeorgeD , @JoniBarTeam , @Psionic79 , are some of the inmates (that I know off through their posts here)

https://advrider.com/f/threads/prot...0-husqvarna-701.1441914/page-14#post-43146333
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/prot...0-husqvarna-701.1441914/page-14#post-43148511
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/prot...0-husqvarna-701.1441914/page-15#post-43182666
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/prot...0-husqvarna-701.1441914/page-13#post-42863544
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/prot...0-husqvarna-701.1441914/page-13#post-42890910

You can find more info in that thread too.
    Batch No1 has been delivered from our end, and Batch No2 will be open till next Friday. You can contact the inmates above for feedback if need be and there are some more on Instagram that have posted about the unit.

D.
    Kiwirich likes this.
  17. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great service as always!
    Even forum digging included, Thanks Armageddon!
    Kiwirich and 640 Armageddon like this.
  18. andykeck

andykeck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a great unit, one of those few things that is better than advertised, IMO. I don't have my SMC-R any more and sold my unit to @thewozza, so I have no reason to say so if I felt otherwise.
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  19. Dryslick

Dryslick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This might be worth looking into, especially where large connectors are involved.
    https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/dual-wall/heat-shrinkable-tape
    AdamChandler and wass like this.
  20. Orome

Orome Enjoying life on the road

Oddometer:
    640 Armageddon likes this.