1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna 701 Super Moto and Enduro!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Dozer720, Aug 13, 2015.

1. nopper

nopper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i advise you to wait. Paul is working on one with space for the abs button
    rainmaker8 and Airhusky like this.
  2. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, when I saw AccelRusMaximus' post I immediately suspected the rotor magnets. I checked them using the 2017 701 and 2016 701 numbers from http://sparepartsfinder.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/?lang=en, and used RockyMountainATV for the KTM numbers. They all matched, so that's not it.
  3. dirtystevedirt

dirtystevedirt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well that's a good thing. Tough to get a hold of those guys. No hurries here as the weather sucks majorly.

How do you know these things? I can't even get an email reply:jjen
  4. dirtystevedirt

Oddometer:
    Ummmm the Husky is a far superior bike to that orangesicle. That would solely explain the wattage difference.
    trapperj and krussell like this.
  5. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanx! I learned something completely new today. Didn't have a clue.

But to answer your question. I don't know what mine is set to. It's stock but to take the handlebars etc off, just to see what number it is set at, is a bit too much. Perhaps some one else can look when they have their bike apart.
  6. jacinto

jacinto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did not know you could change this on the 701, i tought it was only on some 690's
    but i am happy like it is, short turns no problem and verry stable at higher speeds,
    I know some 690 owners who have a shorter offset but above 100kmh it is not so stable anymore.
    GB.UK likes this.
  7. trapperj

trapperj Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    HAPPY DAY,! I just got the call. My 701 SM is @ Harper Husqvarna in Hendersonville NC.

Hope to have her home by the end of the week.
  8. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not going to change it either. I have the 82 degrees sweep now which is much better than stock and I think I can go a little bit more before it starts to become a problem.
  9. fmp

fmp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, quick random question....

Am I correct in saying the brake and clutch levers on the 701 are identical to those on the KTM smc of the same year?

So a set of Pazzo levers for a 2014-2016 KTM smc/smc-r will fit a 2016 701 SM?

Thanks in advance!
  10. Airhusky

Airhusky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those who still plan on getting the akrapovic , many people and I have explained this process but a nice french guy made a video about how to remove the db killer. pictures are enough.
    trapperj and Endorphin like this.
  11. jsmiff22

jsmiff22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Link please. Video won't load for me.
  12. Airhusky

Airhusky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    will pm you
    jsmiff22 likes this.
  13. mrwwwhite

mrwwwhite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I posted a while back (already one year I guess) a comparison between the 690 frame and the 701 frame.
    They basically managed to change the geometry of the frame so the bike gets similar steering sweep angle (80-82dg) at the same triple offset the old 690 (pre 12) has. So 701 has 22-24 offset, like the pre 690 had but gets 80-82dg like the post 12 690s are getting with 30-32 offset.
    That makes swapping better forks a breeze since wheel offset will be the same.
    rainmaker8 and Airhusky like this.
  14. cwcm

cwcm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So cool. You've probably covered this, but just in case:. Whose sliders are those? I'm after front and side...
  15. nopper

nopper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He answered my questions about three weeks ago, when I was asking about a rally lite kit for the 701. Maybe he is busy. I wrote him before, sometimes he replied the next day, sometimes later.
    640 Armageddon and theantipaul like this.
  16. OMTRX

OMTRX n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the Husky's end can differs much from the KTM? I swear I seen a post on here about it but I cant find it again!

I see everyone is going with the Wings, but I had a nice Akrapovic slip-on on my 2013 690SMCR and I'm wondering if it will fit the 2017 701 Enduro...
  17. dirtystevedirt

Oddometer:
    Just a little sarcasm on my end tho. it's the holidays so they may be closed and have 100s of emails upon return.
    Where you located nopper?
    theantipaul likes this.
  18. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal Supporter

Oddometer:
    We were probably typing at the same time.

And sorry Nopper, I'm all over the place on the design of the display mount for the 701, can't decide which looks worse, because they all look bad to me, leaning now toward placing the 3 lamps in between the display and the top clamp and mounting the ABS switch either in the top clamp or the left side of the display, I'll post a few pics later, maybe you guys can help.
  19. dirtystevedirt

Oddometer:
    May be like my FMF that is for the KTM. It has a flange for 2 mounting bolts. Husky only has 1. The other one I had to saw off. It interferes with the tank. Post a pic and we can all take a look
  20. dirtystevedirt

Oddometer:
    Hey there you are. New dash in the works?