Husqvarna FE501S & FE350S

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by trailrider383, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Ned1

Ned1 You should rent that thing out as a speedbump

Oddometer:
    You'll be good, looking forward to seeing some of your land down that way with your bike and you in it! :nod

I had a couple plated Gasser's that I used for long haul singletrack feasts. At 25-30mpg with a 3g tank and 150+mi loops in remote BC, the math dictated strategically sprinkling 1g jugs of mix here and there on the landscape during ride season... and pick em all up at the end of course. Same deal with the 2T trials bikes, stupid long haul rides cuz we didn't have to pedal anymore but didn't know enough to get a bike with a seat :lol2

I smell some fat loops on a new 350 coming up!
    breakdirt916 and Anatoli like this.
  2. Anyone

Anyone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @breakdirt916 although i dont have experience with the 350,i was surprised at how much the 501’s engine was lacking in stock form. It was comparable to my modded dr650 ( I'm only referring to the power). BUT tuner, intake/ exhaust completely changed that.
    Thumperama and breakdirt916 like this.
  3. OneManWolfPack

OneManWolfPack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL I'm just jealous. You may want to look into respringing your ride with lower spring rates.
  4. Sidehil

Sidehil On any Sunday

Oddometer:
    How is TT and his new bike?
    Bitingdog likes this.
  5. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    He’s doing great. The bike has been beaten and abused to his usual standard.
    Bitingdog, Anatoli and Sidehil like this.
  6. Sidehil

Sidehil On any Sunday

Oddometer:
    Good he likes it rough:) he is hard on shit and I’m a witness:)) like to ride with your crowd maybe Tahuya for some good swamp riding, it’s all we got left.......and beers:)
    keepshoveling likes this.
  7. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan. I have Tuesdays and Saturdays open for riding.
    Sidehil likes this.
  8. trikepilot

trikepilot Gettin' by... Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Anyone

Oddometer:
    Question: im about ready to send my suspension off to konflict to have it reworked. They reworked my 1290 sar and im super happy with it. Has anyone here had there 501 reworked by them, and if so whats been Your experience?
  10. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have recently found this out the hard way. I'm kind of irritated about it as RM is slow rolling the return and fix.
  11. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doesn't look that simple at first glance. You sure? The tail light (brake/tail) would seem to still need a carrier of sorts.

Also, what to do with the license plate light? If you just stash the plug under the seat does it throw a code?
  12. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    What about GPR solution? Their solution (v4d pro kit) to not raising the bars as much comes with an upper triple clamp. I know some folks don't prefer GPR, but I've been OK with them.

Wonder if the frame issue applies here as well.

My bike is close to done. I'm waiting on an ECU, Acercbis tank, and a muffler. And the damn tail light solution. For some reason, probably due to it being black, I'm wanting to preserve the stock muffler.

Suspension is complete...I went with Konflict. I'm leaning towards GET for an ECU, but I know people have had great success with Vortex - and I may go that way. I also went with the EPIC Motominded for the headlight. They are using my bike for fitment. Cool guys and super customer focused.

Lots of other little bling, condoms, farkles for the bike.

Thing is, I still love my 04 525(540) EXC. She's been so good to me.
    Yeti2ride likes this.
  13. avconnect

avconnect Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Inmates. What do you set your turn on temp to for your cooling fan? I deleted the thermostat when I installed the SAMCO hose kit. I added the HUSKY fan kit. My fan seems to run a lot so I am thinking I have it too low. I have desmogged and have the FMF muffler and a Vortex ECU.
  14. Anyone

Oddometer:
    @RichK I'm interested in Your choice and experience with konflict. What kit did You go with?have You had previous experience with konflict for dirt bike suspension? what are Your thoughts so far? I use the 501 as a dual sport and swap street and dirt wheels often. I Recently had konflict rework my 1290 sar and the improved balance and softening of high speed hits was dramatic. The Set up Feels softer,tighter and cleaner.
    What are Your observations so far?
  15. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:

Haven't ridden just yet....matter of fact they will be at UPS for pickup tomorrow. I went with Level 2 plus respring for my weight. Another 501 rider was raving about their work so I gave them a shot.
    Anyone likes this.
  16. ztrab

ztrab Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a bud who sent his 690 out with a lot of mods, he is inseam challenged. He did not like the local shop suspension mods, he did the same for his 500 EXC 6 days. Seems happy with it but very $$$. He is heavy guy with short legs, so it was more about ride height and spring resistance than valving or shims as far as I can tell.
    Anyone likes this.
  17. Sidehil

Sidehil On any Sunday

Oddometer:
    I got mine set 183, cycles a couple times after shutdown then I’m good
  18. avconnect

avconnect Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the thermostat set for in stock form?
    aai likes this.
  19. Anyone

Oddometer:
    I know suspension can get crazy. I was talking to someone earlier today who said there buddies did a $6k suspension mod. Im going the ‘works’. big money to me, but im planning to hold on to the bike for 4 or 5 years, and as great a time as i have on the bike, it deserves the best i can offer it.
  20. OBJMS33

OBJMS33 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Help me out please, has the 2019 350 s been changed for 2020? I know the site says new chassis for 2020. But I don't understand what was changed. They are discounting the 2019s here, but I would prefer the most updated depending on the change. I also have a KLR and a Vstom. Will probably lose the KLR if I pick up a 501 or 350.
    Thank you, sorry if redundant post but these threads are getting soooo loooong now its kinda hard to get info anymore.

++EDIT I guess its a 2018 I was actually looking at. The dealer has the listing messed up. They got a 2018 for 8995, and a 2019 for 9895