1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna FE501S & FE350S

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by trailrider383, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    As for the exhaust.. there is a replacement end cap available which is made for the KTM 500 EXC that should fit the 501S.

My 14 501 had the Euro mapping loaded on before I left the dealer and I have not experienced any overheating. I'm not sure if the 501S fuel map can be altered... Some change the TPS setting to improve the mapping on the KTM 500 EXC which may be applicable to the 501S.

edit.. at time of purchase my dealer indicated that the 500 EXC, 500 XCW and the new 501S mapping would be locked. A friend that has the 500 EXC has manipulated the TPS setting to obtain much improved performance along with the end cap exchange.
  2. Dudsamoto

Dudsamoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw that Pro Moto Billet end cap. thats an option, dealer says he can remap, but I understood they are locked., we'll see. He also recommended the FMF slip on, but not an option for me if its too loud. I lost a few cups of coolant and had to top off the radiator when I got home. Not good on long Baja rides.
  3. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are these the Tusk/Zeta replacements?

ac
  4. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    Yes, these are the Tusk replacement lights from Rocky Mountain ATV.
  5. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    Thought I would post putting together the flash indicator Diode harness in case anybody has any questions about how to do it.
    First a trip to Radio Shack for a two pack of 1amp 50V Diodes : $1.59
    You are looking for IN4001 Micromini Silicon Diode.

First snip of indicator lamp from harness behind headlight ( leave enough to work with on the bike)
    Then lay out what you want to do:
    [​IMG]
    Make sure the Diode is "flowing" current toward the lamp ( the back of the package shows the direction of flow with an arrow- you want anode side next to harness on bike (>) and Cathode side closest to the bulb)
    You want to combine the two wires coming out of the harness into one going into the bulb, the other wire coming out of the bulb will go to ground. I chose the black for ground but it shouldn't matter.

Solder it all up,clip off the excess Diode wire and make sure to shrink tube each Diode individually on the harness side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I chose to use bullet connectors to reattach the bulb assembly to the harness but I suppose you could solder it straight up to harness also.
    [​IMG]

I finally broke down and bought these nice crimp pliers they do a real professional looking crimp. (I still use solder though on a bike)
    [​IMG]

OK now we have a nice two into one harness with Diodes and a separate ground.
    [​IMG]

I used this for the ground, I don't have a schematic and wasn't sure what wires behind the head light were ground wires.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, works like a champ, cheap fix for your all LED blinkered bike.

Disclaimer, I am a Fire Engineer, not an Electrical Engineer, so copy me at your own risk!:D
  6. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    What are your "nice crimp pliers"? And where did you get them?

7. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
  8. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
  9. Hazman27

Hazman27 The Haz

Oddometer:
    I know its a 2 smoker. but besides the obvious, oil leaks, fork seals, etc. What should I look for on a 2002 CR250 Husky? according to pics, it needs plastics due to sun fade, and a seat cover., maybe.
  10. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    You might have better luck posting in the 2 stroke section of OldsCool.

I'll bet Cafe Husky has some info on the older Husky 2 strokes also.

My advice would be to make sure parts are available, cuz it's gonna need some I'm sure.
  11. KClean

KClean n00b

Oddometer:
    Where did you get your tail light if you don't mind me asking. I am picking up a 501 January 2 and want to ride it some on the street.
  12. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    That is the Sicass racing tail light, LED running/brake with a licence plate light. I think it's listed as a Husaberg part. I bought mine from my Dealer.
  13. hollywood_72

hollywood_72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have any other pictures of that Seat Concepts seat? Also very intersted to hear what your plans are for the suspension, I to am 250lbs w/ gear and 6'3". Right now I am between an Husky fe 501(not s) or a KTM 500 xc-w (the xc-w is $400 less then the fe) and I'm debating if the suspension is worth the extra $$$?

Thanks,
    Kennedy
  14. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    Don't have any pics handy of the seat, I can tell you it is really nice. Not as wide as the seat they did for my 610, so moving around is easier. Perfect for what this bike is for.
    As for the suspension, I need to spring it for my weight, I was going to just do the springs and play with the clickers, but I am going to take them to Ty Davis and let him do the 10 hour fork oil change and while he has them open, i'm just going to have him do his setup for the 4CS that he says is awesome. I trust his experience on this, so I will let him do his thing and go from there.
    There is lots of controversy about the 4CS, some guys love em, some hate them. A good buddy who is a pro level rider, told me emphatically that if I didn't like my 4CS he would be happy to swap his WP open chamber forks off his KTM for mine. (he's ridden and tuned both types)
    As for PDS, I think it works great, I just wanted the linkage for my own type of riding, it's what I'm used to.
    Unfortunately for guys our size, it's always an added expense of getting a new bike to set up the suspension.
    I spent a lot of time and money trying to get the suspension on my TE510 dialed, but it's worth it.
    I think some guys skimp on this or don't understand how much better a bike can be when you get the suspension "right"
    Good luck on your decision, I don't think you can go wrong either way.
  15. hollywood_72

hollywood_72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was wondering about the width on that seat, that's good to know it's not too wide.

I had my suspension dialed in on my 400exc by Enduro Engineering so I know what I can get out of the OC and PDS combo (it was pretty dam good), but since I'm no longer a racer (trail/DS riding) I don't want to spend $1500 on the 4CS/linkage (as some guys are doing) just to make it rideable.

Thanks for the info, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what more comes of the Husky as more people start to get them.

Kennedy
  16. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    Here is a pic of the same seat I have from a Husaberg thread.

[​IMG]
  17. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:

That is my bike. Here is another photo of it with the stock seat and mods on it.

upload_2018-5-5_8-44-42.png
    upload_2018-5-5_8-45-10.png
    upload_2018-5-5_8-46-4.png
  18. Dudsamoto

Oddometer:
    Nice Bike fast1. I see you went the seat trimming method to fit a KTM tank to your bike.
    I am a little dissapointed in Husky/KTM. They have had three years to come out with a "hard parts" catalog like KTM has.
    How do they not have Acerbis make a larger tank for the Husaberg/KTM? then they could transition those parts to the new Husky/KTM. I shouldn't have to tear the seat apart on my brand new 12,000 dollar motorcycle because the company does not feel the need to make parts that fit.
    If you are going to put a 2 gallon tank on an off road bike, ( stupid) you better make it easy for your customer to change it. I am sure the dealers would love to have an inventory of blue bling for their customers, after all, orange parts clash with white:puke1
    For instance, I really like that clean little plastic protective cover for the water pump, as far as I can tell, it's only available in orange.
    C'mon guys, throw us a bone here......
  19. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    endurists likes this.
  20. Dudsamoto

Oddometer: