Husqvarna Norden 901

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by gimpo, Nov 5, 2019.

1. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    My point, which you illustrated for me, is that you're talking only a few data points.
  2. motolover

motolover rookie

Oddometer:
    No problem, if the single track bike needs more maintenance, I don't want it on an adventure bike.
  3. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    And because an enduro bike purportedly needs more maintenance, the larger, not-at-all-alike bike will also need just as much maintenance? Yah... no. :D
  4. motolover

motolover rookie

Oddometer:
    Buy, use and report! Till then we can only be guessing...
  5. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love this new bike...please let me buy it Husqvarna....maybe an update from Husky coinciding with the release of Frozen II.
    Schussboelie likes this.
  6. Catweazle

Catweazle n00b

Oddometer:

"Norge" is already taken, by a venerable old/er Guzzi tourer model.

This is MY kind of ride. It's almost as if somebody's been hacking into my wet dreams....

I have a couple of mild concerns: where are those "off-branded" brake callipers from? TUBED rims? In 2019/2020? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??? Is it going to be equipped with a Chinese motor like the KTM 790s? Really? Husky's gonna be charging me top-dollar for an east asian motor from CF Moto?

Otherwise, I'm considering it to be (for me anyway), if not the perfect long/er range tourer, then damned near so. Maybe the most well-executed, complete & sorted tourer that I've seen to date. But I guess you could say that about just about any new ADV model release. But, despite being a mere prototype/show special/production mock-up/whatever, it just really, really works for me...

Everything is already there. Carrying the fuel load nice & low for slow-speed stability, rough road manoeuvrability & (relative) ease of picking the bike up when it tips over. A nice wide seat purpose-built for my corpulent derriere. Safe, soft, waterproof bags that are in the "goldilocks" range of volumetric capacity. TWO separate tubular steel engine & bodywork guards, both seemingly well-countoured and generously bolted to the chassis. Additional (from what I can see anyway) extra-thick & beefy aluminium fuel tank, sump & drivetrain guards securely bolted to the under-motor cradles. The biggest, baddest, beefiest barkbusters I've ever seen. A low-mount front 'guard that won't flap around or catch the wind like a duckbill guard @ highway speeds. What appears to be properly purpose-built LED head & auxiliary lighting. A tank bag mount that won't allow the bag to gouge up the bodywork, even in rough going. Plus not a hint of that hideous Orange colour. Love it!

Disclosure: I'm a bit of a Husky fanboy, owning no less than 3 Nudas, in various states of repair & roadworthiness.
  7. randel

randel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    I guess the Norden will carry the same rims of the 790/1X90 family, and that means tubeless
    BobcatSig likes this.
  9. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    That article only makes sense if it was posted months ago, not earlier today as it is labeled. We already saw the bike Husqvarna showed at EICMA and a non-camouflaged version is right there on the first page of this thread... :scratch

Gustavo
  11. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    His dial-up connection just got through :lol3
  12. Rollin'

Oddometer:
  13. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    ACR, snodog and PullingG's like this.
  14. temerario

temerario Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    … and a Norden 501.

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/husqvarna-norden-501-adventure-bike/

"The documents, presented by Pierer Mobility Group (KTM and Husqvarna’s parent company), list a 501 adventure bike that will likely share KTM’s new 490 parallel-twin engine, not the thumper motor currently found in the Husqvarna FE 501 Enduro. It is also believed this new line of mid-range Husqvarna adventure bikes will carry the name ‘Norden’ like the 901.

In addition to the Norden 501, there will be a 401cc adventure model expected to share the same ambition and single-cylinder engine we know is coming in the budget-minded KTM 390 Adventure, though we wonder if Husqvarna won’t spin a more stylized version that aligns it with the distinct, edgy look of its first-ever road bikes, the Svartpilen and Vitpilen."

ACR and Holaday like this.
  16. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This sounds interesting.I'm currently on a TE630.I don't pretend it's a full on dirt bike-I have plenty of them. Very curious how this pans out.
    danketchpel and Rollin' like this.
  17. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    I am really digging the styling on the Norden....

Though I am not going to be in the bike market for a couple years. We'll see how the production version pans out.
    ACR likes this.
  18. ACR

ACR 52,015

Oddometer:
    The amount of protection around the engine is impressive. The more I look at this bike, the more I like it and looking forward to seeing what the 501 is all about. At this point I would opt for a 501 over T7, if either bike was available.
  19. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer:
    Not many dealers for Guzzi, and even less good dealers, but the upside is that you can do a complete service on the Guzzi in your garage with a beer in about 2 hours with no special tools.
  20. Hamamelis

Hamamelis Inmate

Oddometer:
    If this bike comes with those bars and soft bags from the factory, it'd be cool to finally see a bike really set up for mid-weight long-distance touring from the showroom like that - I do have my suspicions about KTM reliability until proven otherwise, but beyond that this bike looks like it could be truly kickass for its given purpose
    danketchpel likes this.