Husqvarna Norden 901

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by gimpo, Nov 5, 2019.

1. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    I SURE like the styling way better than any current KTM.

My biggest question is, what will it weigh, and how high is the seat?

I'm still more interested in smaller vs larger.
    mutt550 likes this.
  2. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This scares me too,and I'm a die hard Husky guy
  3. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    The bike looks good. It also looks porky. Tankish. There is a lot of plastic on it - requires framework. Crash bars, big wide seat. A lot of accessories, I would guess options.
    Looks 500 lbs to me. Enduristan style luggage?
    I am not waiting for a KTM or Husky to come to market - screw that. Buy whats available now. Sell it or trade it in a couple of years.

Also, I think the people who continue to slam KTM or Husky are destined for Honda or Suzuki (or Royal Enfield :hide). Not everyone can handle a high performance bike.
    The extra performance, and maybe extra maintenance could be too much. Downgrade to less performance, more weight and maybe more reliability.
    You get what you pay for.
  4. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    I definitely like the Husqvarna style over the KTMs.
    duggram and danketchpel like this.
  5. Gestalt

Gestalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This does look good it has to be said, while KTM's are great performing bikes and their reliability it seem ? can and does get called into question (I don't know myself never having owned one) The KTM's are to me in general a pig ugly bike, this Husky however is far from that.
    duggram and danketchpel like this.
  6. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:
    Meh. Maybe it hasn't happened to you but you feel differently if you've shelled out north of $20k and then the bike doesn't work right.

For what they charge, the damn things should run right (yeah, like a Honda.)

Enough performance to be found in the Japanese bikes for most and I've noticed you actually get to ride them versus wait for them to come out of the shop.
    Blakduk likes this.
  7. Smileyboy

Smileyboy Just Living The Dream.....

Oddometer:
    Just pre-ordered the 901 for delivery Dec / Jan 21 :rilla
  8. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:
    Early adopter indeed! :clap
    Smileyboy likes this.
  9. Smileyboy

Oddometer:
    Theres only one way to find out what its like
  10. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Neither my 2012 Ducati or 2014 Super Duke R both of which are over 50,000 miles now has ever been in the shop for more than a couple days, and 99% of that was scheduled maintenance.

....and I ride both of them, year around, with at least three weeks of trips a year.
    DesertSurfer, SocalRob and BobcatSig like this.
  11. jimbowho

jimbowho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What? No ride report?? Let's Go!
    Smileyboy likes this.
  12. chief_lee_visceral

chief_lee_visceral Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unless things have changed and I don't know what your dealer told you but pre-order just means your dealer has you on a list. KTM will build as many as they can and ship them to somewhere in the New York I think, for converting to USA DOT spec. Once the whole original lot is converted, then they will deal them out to like a card dealer to all the dealership.

Point is their is no national KTM list, you on the dealers list. Just Fyi
  13. Smileyboy

Oddometer:
    I have been told that there will be a limited run of first production & my dealer has secured 1 which I will get , I’m in Northern Ireland so shipping wont be as far as the US
  14. chief_lee_visceral

chief_lee_visceral Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My bad for not paying attention to your location. I leapt to share what I lived through in the USA with best intentions.
  15. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Who does that? :hmmmmm

Bikes from mainstream manufacturers are made at the factory for specific markets, not converted at some warehouse after they were made to some other spec. People complain there are razor thin margins in the bike sales business, I can't imagine doing what you suggest is economical for any manufacturer at the scale needed for the US market.

Gustavo
    Max Kool likes this.
  16. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:

So I was in the market for a new bike. Came close to buying a 790R but I remembered the 901. My dealer sells Yamaha and Husqvarna and I don't want to go anywhere else. So I've been doing some research into the 901. Apparently it will be a 2022 model. There's an interview of KTM president Stefan Pierer in Cycle News dated October 18, 2019 where speaking of Husqvarna he says "So the big growth will come from on-road, from street bikes, both small displacement and midsize, and in the midterm, we are also launching the Husqvarna twin-cylinder range as a 2022 model, with the new 890 parallel-twin engine which will be unveiled at EICMA this year."

I suppose that means the 901 won't be out until next summer at the earliest. Looks like I'll be on my 701 a lot longer.
  17. gimpo

gimpo Guzzi, what else?

Oddometer:
    I think that the coronavirus changed the plans of every european manufacturer. So nobody can be sure of what will happens. Some models could came before of others and viceversa. It depends on what project was stopped while keeping the other running.
    Boredsurfer likes this.
  18. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    What I was trying to point out is that they're not even planning to deliver until the 2022 model year, so there's no rush on our part to get ready for this bike. At least that's what I'm thinking.
    Boredsurfer, Yukon Ho! and MUDHWY like this.
  19. bajaburro

bajaburro Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a non starter if production is moved to China.Who in their right mind is going to pay top dollar for a Chinese bike?
  20. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    Production has not moved to China. However, many of the components are manufactured in China. For most bikes on the road today, that's the case.

KTM did state that the LC8c was designed such that it could be manufactured or assembled in other countries, including China. That doesn't necessarily mean that all bikes with the LC8c engine will be made in China. More that the engine could be built there, or in Austria, or wherever.