Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. OVERLANDLLAMA

OVERLANDLLAMA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the tip... thanks!
  2. Motomusical

Motomusical n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I have an 08 TE that I got from a friend a few years ago. All stock. The odometer had quit working at 2400 before I got it. I have used it very occasionally since then and have only done oil changes and air cleaner maintenance. I’m guessing it’s got around 5-6,000 miles on it, so I think it’s overdue a valve check and timing chain check. I’m moderately mechanical, but I’m hesitant to tackle this on my own without someone to guide me after reading about various issues people have had. Does anyone know a mechanic or shop that will perform some of the needed maintenance for it around Seattle-Tacoma area? Also, does anyone have a service manual they could share? Any current recommendations on replacing the terribly dim headlight for cheap?
    Hoping to get it in top shape for the WABDR in mid August!
  3. coryv

coryv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OVERLANDLLAMA likes this.
  4. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    You can check the timing chain by simply examining the adjuster. It's super easy, even if you're not very mechanically savvy. At your mileage, I'd bet it's fine. My timing chain was well within spec last I checked, and I'm at almost 16,000 miles.

Your valves are also probably fine, but I suppose an inspection can't hurt. It's just a bit more of a pain and requires some finger dexterity.
  5. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hitch Haulers work fine with the TE610 - The key is to have a good anti-sway device for your hitch-hauler. Used properly, they prevent all of the rocking created as a result of the sloppy fit between the 2" receiver and the hauler. It can still be a bit unnerving, but I've never had a problem using one. I use it whenever there isn't a reason to use the enclosed trailer... Sure saves on fuel economy and is much easier to maneuver and park.

IMG_0039.jpg
    BLucare and Huskyfatman like this.
  6. coryv

coryv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    what kind of kickstand is that on the 610? i just got a new te610 kickstand and the bike leans at about a 45 degree angle and if i push it just a little it falls over. Maybe its an SM kickstand? ive heard the kickstands are bad but there is no way the one i have could be meant for this bike.
  7. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
    A guy on Cafehusky, I think his name is Ken Webb, made a batch of heavy duty stands for the 610 and 630. I got one of the last ones. Since Cafehusky is down, can’t really research them.

It does have a better angle than stock, but it sounds like you do have one for a SM if it leans that far. If you still have the part number you could cross reference online over at Halls.
    https://www.halls-cycles.com/images/PDF/Husqvarna .PDFs/2008/2008_Husq_SOHC_parts_Catalogo.pdf
  8. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    You could also copy a few of us here and screw a hockey puck onto the bottom :thumb Adds about an inch, and gives you some nice purchase to prevent sinking into soft ground.
  9. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
  10. OVERLANDLLAMA

OVERLANDLLAMA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone is staying cool if in the “hot zone”... it’s pretty brutal here in Annapolis. I went to change out the front tire this morning and realized I didn’t have the tools kit! That sucks but I’ll get by with garage tools for now, except that I don’t have an Allen wrench nearly large enough to remove the front axle. If anyone knows the size, that would be helpful for me to pick one up. *edit* figured out the size (12mm) I may be interest in purchasing the OEM tools kit from someone if they have it.

Meanwhile, I did have success in swapping out all of the OEM blinkers with smaller LEDs from Baja Designs as well as the rear tail light assembly from BD. Looks so much cleaner.
    One final thing... Halls does still carry the Arrow exhaust as was recommended by chris1044 but those silencers do not have a spark arrestor option. Back to the drawing board on that front.
    Cheers!
  11. AustinJake

AustinJake DR650 - Versys

Oddometer:
  12. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    From what I understand the domain is "parked" while the Owner (Coffee) sorts out some personal issues. There are some folks working on getting it back up but no idea what the timeline may be.
  13. AustinJake

AustinJake DR650 - Versys

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that.
  14. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    https://www.adv-gear.com/soft-luggage/
    Nomad Rider Venture bag. It might be up for sale soon as well, as I think I want to get a GL.
  15. ned37

ned37 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i use toe brakes from a set of skates. drill and tap 8mm bolt hole in center of foot. 20190712_103154[1].jpg
  16. OVERLANDLLAMA

OVERLANDLLAMA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had the 610 up on a rack to do some more inspection... glad I did as I found a grease zerk was missing from the main pivot. So, that and several other parts and stuff are on order. About the only thing I really accomplished was to change out the terrible front tire. It was just too blasted hot. Hope your week is off to a great start. Cheers.
  17. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Following up on my own post, did a good bit of testing on the electrical, but I was initially getting good results on the charging and R/R output.

Current theory is the 3 plug yellow connector under the tank is performing like 90's era cellphone and dropping connection when the bike's at temp. Anyone have that issue?

Huskyfatman likes this.
  18. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Can you post a photo of the suspect plug? Cheers :thumb
  19. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/mosfet-voltage-regulator-upgrade.1285289/#post-34443664

Dyno Bob did and upgrade for a TE630, I also preformed the same mod. My yellow wires to the connector were just starting to turn brown.
    GHO100 and BLucare like this.
  20. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    I've been wanting to do this mod, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I carry a spare OEM R/R on trips with me. I've also thought about relocating the R/R to somewhere on the front of the bike, for better airflow. You think that would that help at all, in lieu of replacing it with a MOS-FET unit?