Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. C.Hensley

C.Hensley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 08 610 is to the right. My buddy's 630 to the left and a DRZ 400 in the middle. This was on a weekend trip to Bald Eagle state Forrest in PA. KIMG0087.JPG
    OVERLANDLLAMA, Gian and BLucare like this.
  2. motometal

motometal i like motorcycles

Oddometer:
    Did you think it handled as well as the TE610?
  3. C.Hensley

Oddometer:
    I think that they feel very similar in handling. Actually to me they feel very similar overall. The 701 fork was a little nicer (not as harsh) however I prefer the 610's transmission...I think thats where the 610/630's really shine. It seems to have an overdrive 6th gear and it makes a huge difference on highway stints.... The 701 felt physically bigger but didn't feel heavier. If I didn't find my low miliage 610 I would have bought a 701.
  4. motometal

Oddometer:
    Thanks. There is a big power difference, right? I rode a 500, partial uncork, if anything it was a little wimpier feeling BUT was obviously lighter and much easier to bring up the front.
  5. C.Hensley

Oddometer:
    Yeah probably about 20hp difference. The 701 I rode was an older model...I forget what year it was. The main difference was where it made its power and that it would rev up a little quicker. The 610 is more like a traditional big bore thumper...lots of torque broad powerband but no big hit. The 701 made more power for sure but it made the power higher in the rpm range. The 701 motor was more fun. If you put the 610 transmission in the 701...wow that would be the bee's knee's, cat's pajamas...etc...lol

I also have rode 500's and to me they feel like pure dirt bikes....the 610 and 701 feel more like dualsport and a bit better for some street riding. The 500's definitely feel lighter and are easier to ride off road..Ymmv etc...
    BLucare likes this.
  6. JonXX

JonXX Infraction Collector

Oddometer:
    The 701 is a big fat pig compared to the 610. That's like comparing a DR650 with an RM250.

Side note, I just popped 100,000 miles on my SM610 a month ago :D
    rsl47m, C.Hensley and BLucare like this.
  7. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if you'd chime in (I sent you a message awhile back about your 610).

Hows the ol' girl holding up at 100k? Anything noteworthy that'd you'd like to share with the group?
    rsl47m likes this.
  8. motometal

Oddometer:
    I believe the 701 and 610 weigh about the same
  9. JonXX

Oddometer:
    If 40 pounds equals "about the same" then sure...They weigh about the same

290 vs 330
  10. JonXX

Oddometer:
    It's awesome, my favorite bike in my entire life of ever. Nothing really noteworthy, though I did get a different bike to grind up for commuting so I can save the 610 for more super-happy-fun-time stuff (ie beating up on frat boys and their R-whatevers in the twisties)
    BLucare likes this.
  11. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Good deal. How's the top end held up? Rocker arms all good? I'd be curious to know your valve check/adjustment interval, given the mileage you've reached. Thanks, man. :thumb
  12. motometal

Oddometer:
    A te610 does not weigh 290... 320 ready to ride? It’s been awhile but I compared to my xr650l, they were surprisingly close
    Baroquenride likes this.
  13. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    I was curious, so I Googled it.

According to the current Husky website, the 701 Enduro without fuel weighs 145kg, which is 319 lbs in American. Dry weight of the 610, according to the Internet, is 308 pounds. If anyone out there finds anything different, feel free to share.

:type
    Baroquenride likes this.
  14. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
    Never found a good credible mag review with the actual (not claimed) weight of the ‘05-‘09 610. Rick Ramsey has done great in depth reviews of many bikes and his weights seem close to actual as tested weights for other models. He got 296lbs on bone stock FI 610 without fuel. https://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm

Husky had 308lbs “Kerb” weight listed in the manuals, same for carb and FI bikes which seemed suspect. (They also had the seat height of the ‘92-‘99 610 at 36” which was way off) Translation problems? 296 sounds very credible IMO.
  15. ceevu

ceevu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I weighted mine a few years back. 160kg with 19l fuel and lynx mask,pannier frames, heated grips,aftermarket pipe etc normal stuff. So without fuel but with oil and other liquids around 146 kg. Carburated 610. Not that much difference.
    Never tried 701,so that remains to be seen...
  16. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Has anyone in here purchased brake pads for the 610 recently?

I'm doing my yearly post-riding-season parts binge, and brake pads are on the list. I'm finding rear brake pads (8000A9231) for about $30. Not terrible. Front brake pads (8000A2040) from AOMC or Motosport, which is where I usually order spares from, are $105 freakin' United States dollars. Seems outrageous, but I guess this is the first time I've had to order them. Is that the price they've always been for these bikes?

eBay has them for $44, so, I guess I'm not totally out of luck, although I prefer to order parts from a reputable retailer.
  17. chris1044

chris1044 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive got ebc pads on my bike and ive been more than happy with them. Put them on i think two summers ago...they were in the 150 range for front and rears
    BLucare likes this.
  18. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    No, they go for the same price as any other bike's brake pads. That's totally a mistake. Perhaps call them and get a better price and have them correct it.
  19. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Turns out I had the wrong part number. Should be 8000 96934, which is for the TE610 (the part number I originally searched above was for the SM). With the correct part number, it's still around $75-85. Better, but why are front pads more expensive than rears? :lol3
  20. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    That's still too much. I'm out otherwise I'd research it.