Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ceevu

ceevu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Local shop sells trw,ferodo,brembo pads. Between 20-30€ front set.(And it still is more expensive than ordering from rest europe) sintter or organic. Brake pads are not anything special...Same pads are used in several bikes.
    BLucare likes this.
  2. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I didn't see you had found a normal priced set so I did some research for you:
    https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcy...th-60mm-caliper-mount-centres/2006-2009/33358
    which translates to:
    https://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-FA181R-Disc-Brake/dp/B00666CMEE

You owe me a beer. :photog
    BLucare likes this.
  3. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Baroquenride likes this.
  4. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    So, I ordered a few items the other day (front sprocket and a few spare clips, front + rear brake pads, spare front brake lever). But, I got a notification today from AOMC that the fork seals (Part number 800081162) have been discontinued. Motosport website says the same. :dunno

I knew this would happen eventually, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised. For what it's worth, I think this is the first time I've had a parts retailer tell me that a part for this bike has been officially discontinued. Before anyone asks: Yes, eBay has NOS fork seals. :thumb
  5. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    SKF makes fork seals for the forks. I briefly looked on their site and it's kinda worthless and refers one to a distributor. I'll be home later tonight and can get you the part number for them, but couldn't find it online.
    BLucare likes this.
  6. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Ah, good call. Does SKF Part KITG-45M sound right? I found that with some quick Googling. Appears to fit loads of bikes with 45mm Marzocchi forks.
  7. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Yup!
    I like Stout's for the record... :photog
    20191014_223255.jpg
    BLucare likes this.
  8. OVERLANDLLAMA

OVERLANDLLAMA Slow Learner

Oddometer:
    Performed first oil change last night on the 08 TE610... interesting job. I had everything needed... oil, filter, correct o-rings and crush washers, however stopped with the right side bag filter cleaning as I realized the clutch cover needs to be removed to do it and I didn’t have the gasket. The left dual screen wasn’t too bad... some small filings. So, I’ll order that soon, as I should probably get an initial look at it anyway, but I’m interested in any opinions about cleaning that right side screen... particularly the frequency IAW the official Husky service schedule. It’s at about 17K miles now. Thanks for any insight, Orion
  9. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    The clutch gasket is reusable so feel free to pull it off and check the screen filter, then bolt the cover back on. The big thing to remember is to make damn sure that you don't move the oil pump or the nub on the clutch cover which it fits into. Many have broken off as a result of being moved inadvertently. Not a big deal if one or the other moves, just make sure they're aligned. If you feel resistance putting the cover back on, go back and check that they're aligned.

20161128_211609.jpg
  10. OVERLANDLLAMA

Oddometer:
    That is some great information... really appreciate the alignment tip as well. Thanks!
  11. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Anybody still on here who has around an ‘06 TE 610 who has successfully changed the fresh air intake to a higher location in order to be able to accommodate deeper water crossings? Have always been amazed at why they would put it so low, on such an off-road oriented dual sport.
  12. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te-610-airbox-again.22136/page-2

Low air intake is apparently a tradition?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Current
    [​IMG]
  13. ned37

ned37 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    my thoughts, exactly pqhusky.jpg
    Huskyfatman likes this.
  14. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That ain't right
  15. OVERLANDLLAMA

Oddometer:
    First taste of Colorado dirt (and snow) for this Husky. Took a quick trip to Monument area, hitting Mt. Herman Rd. Got a bit snowy/slushy in the shaded areas but kept it upright. Still getting to know this bike but so far, it's been great. Starting to look at a more substantial fairing/windscreen now. Plenty of ideas on this forum. Hope everyone is doing great. 20191026_161729.jpg 20191026_163913.jpg
  16. jobysw

jobysw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don’t think I’ve signed in here but I’ve had my 08 TE610 for a while. I’ve put 4K on it and loved every minute. I just finished doing the cam chain and have a question after looking at my pictures. I think I may have put the cam in 180° off from where it was when I took it off. I watched Geek’s tutorial and saw that he just lined up the dots on the balancer gear and the dot on the cam gear with the head. Will it matter if I changed the stroke? The piston was at TDC. Wouldn’t it just change the stroke and be fine?
  17. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Welcome! Can you post some photos of the process for us? :thumb
  18. jobysw

jobysw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can see in these pics where the cam was when I took the gear off to remove the chain. It’s hard to see but the dot is on the left. I removed the cam and changed the bearings. Then put it back in per the manual and where Geek’s video showed the dot, which is the right side. I was at TDC but It didn’t occur to me that there are 2 TDCs until I went back and looked at that pic. The lobes were up when I took it out and down when I put it back in.

The valves operate smoothly when I rotate the engine by hand and they are still in spec from where I had them before taking the cover off. Just wanted to make sure I’m good before buttoning back up.
    IMG_7594.JPG IMG_7593.JPG
  19. jobysw

jobysw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I found my answer. Since it's a wasted spark ignition(sparks every rotation of the crank), it doesn't matter if its 180 degrees off from where you disassembled.
  20. ned37

ned37 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    true dat
    jobysw likes this.