Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ronandkat

ronandkat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have several boxes of spare parts, some of which are new. I believe I recall seeing a clutch lever and bracket in there. I'll try to look Saturday when Im under my house again..
  2. salty_monk

salty_monk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great! I was keeping my stock setup for a spare so if you can help him out that would be great but if you can’t then I probably can.

don’t happen to have a rear rotor in your stash do you?
    Mine is really loose on the rivets, I assume that’s not typical on these as I’ve not seen it on other floating rotors.
  3. ronandkat

Oddometer:
    Not sure on the rotor, Ive got so much stuff in crates and boxes I need to pull it out and go through it all, Ill try to get to it this weekend and look through it again!
  4. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Cool, thanks! I have a small collection of parts for the Husky but a pretty big collection of Suzuki Gs parts, I know how that goes, easy to lose track of what you’ve got!
  5. 18415

18415 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What kind of range are people getting with the OEM tank?
  6. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    I get about a million miles out of the Safari tank... :D

I imagine the stock tank can’t go much further than 130? That’s what my mate gets on his 701...
    18415 likes this.
  7. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I can get 150 miles range with just the power up resistor and no other mods and mostly road riding. Your range will vary based on circumstances, but count on at least 130.
    WolfNman, MasterChief and 18415 like this.
  8. 18415

Oddometer:
    Great to hear. Thanks!
  9. ronandkat

Oddometer:
    Mine is not fuel injected but the carb is dialed in Pretty near perfect.. I have both a stock tank and the Safari tank (5.3 gallons maybe?? Dont remember but its Big!)
    I recall with the stock tank I believe saw about 100 miles or so before Reserve with mixed riding of Gravel and backroads and a short Jaunt down the interstate.. which is on Par with an Old DR 650 I had. Depends on Weight, gearing, tires etc.. I was running a knobby and a 48 tooth rear sprocket at the time.. I have 2 sets of wheels, knobbies and 50/50.. With My 50/50 I run a 47 rear sprocket and get slightly better mileage just judging by seat of the pants..
    18415 likes this.
  10. 18415

Oddometer:
    I appreciate it. I’m buying an 09 from @adam71 and intend on doing a lot of desert exploring out here in Nevada.
    ronandkat and adam71 like this.
  11. ronandkat

Oddometer:
    Folks I do not have a Rotor or Clutch.. Sorry I thought I may have one. I have a clutch basket, new plates, transmission, bearings an all thngs related including a new cable, but nothing else that was requested to help out.. Sorry.
  12. rymerc

rymerc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clutch perch seems about impossible to find. I have seen it listed on some sites, and ordered, but it never ships.

There are some earlier? clutch perches on ebay from europe with a choke? or some 2nd lever on there, which might work. Also, the U-bolt with the mirror mount IS available, so if you can find the clutch perch of another model like a 510? that works, maybe the U-bolt from the 610 perch will fit and give you the mirror mount back.

Mine has an aftemarket perch and broken lever, and finding parts to restore has been difficult. The Magura HYMEC does not have a listing for the 610 I'm tempted to try and make it work to get rid of the unobtanium perch and fussy cable.
    WolfNman likes this.
  13. MasterChief

MasterChief Adventurer

Oddometer:

I have a generic lever with a hotstart function that I use for the "choke" . It's been on there for years I'll see if I can find any info on it.

Update - It's an ASV. That's all I could find.
    WolfNman likes this.
  14. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    It is not a true choke, but rather enriches the mixture, if I remember correctly.
  15. MasterChief

MasterChief Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I believe you are correct.
  16. coryv

coryv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just curious if anyone is running a 14/46 ratio. I just clocked my RPMs and Im around 5100rpms at 65mph. This sound about right?
  17. WolfNman

WolfNman I wanna rock!

Oddometer:
    I hit 136 miles on a road trip recently and I had to get into my reserve. My safe number is 130.

That was FS road flogging and loaded with luggage.
    18415 likes this.
  18. WolfNman

WolfNman I wanna rock!

Oddometer:
    I did the HYMEC. It’s tits. So much lighter than stock. You’ll need the 10.5mm master. Call Magura and they’ll get you squared away. It all but bolts on. I’ve been using mine for thousands of miles.
    rymerc likes this.
  19. 18415

Oddometer:
    Did some dirt exploring/maiden voyage east of Carson City NV. 2B073728-D3DC-4B1B-851B-F44DA580F608.jpeg 0DFB29BB-E2EE-42BA-B8EA-0751D03884E0.jpeg 7AB984B1-F86D-4AC7-9334-08136C40E8FE.jpeg Found my tail and brake light weren’t working. Discovered worn wires. Where is the fuse for the tail light on this bike? I read it was under the battery… is that true? 3D93C8CE-FCC1-4553-98BF-27CDF5BFC692.jpeg
    WolfNman likes this.
  20. coryv

coryv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    has anyone used the radiator hoses made for the old pre 2006 the 610s? I already have a manual fan switch so not worried about bypassing that. A guy at halls said it would work.