Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. salty_monk

salty_monk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From memory of what is on my bike it works but there is one special crossover pipe that doesn’t. Something like that... Blucare on here may be able to help you more as he owned the bike when he did it. :)
  2. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    18415 likes this.
  3. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    I think I have a clutch setup including new cables - want me to have a look?
  4. rymerc

rymerc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sure, thanks
  5. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hydraulic Clutch Setup Question...

Any of you who have done this upgrade... Can you share specific information about the manufacturer and the part numbers you utilized and also any details of custom brackets or parts you had to fabricate to make it work?

I reached out to Magura re: their Hymech systems, and they replied that they do not offer a specific application for my 2006 TE 610. They did offer a custom solution that I will look into, but when I hear the word custom, I immediately see $$$$$.

Were any of you able to do this with off-the-shelf components, and if so, what are the specifics?
  6. coryv

coryv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks monk. Im thinking I may be able to bypass the crossover pipe which works the thermostat and thermal switch. I think the pipe that connects the top radiators would route down and return into the block below the exhaust manifold. The other pipe would come from the water pump and route to the 2 lower radiator inlets. I already have a manual fan switch, but what are thoughts on bypassing there thermostat?
  7. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't done it, but I'm not sure why I would. Once I un-kittened the stock cable system so the housing ends were actually aligned the way they should be, the effort is smooth and light; approximately as smooth and just as light as the hydro clutches on orange bikes at the dealer. And with the ends of the housings aligned the way they should be, the cable isn't being damaged by getting dragged back and forth across a corner.
  8. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Dunno what un-kittened means, but I've got a nice clutch action by setting up the clutch properly with the factory specs and a nice Barnett cable. It rivaled a hydraulic clutch that was on another TE610. That being said, my 11 year newer FE350 hydro clutch is a much lighter one finger pull.
  9. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I guess I'm mixing up cultures. Another forum I participate in auto-subsitutes "kitten" for the f-word.
  10. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    I have a perch, 2 levers of which one is brand new & two cables of which one is brand new. If I let it go I'd want to move all of it in one go. - Make me an offer on a PM if you want it.

The hymec stuff - it is their universal Slave cylinder with the correct size end on it. All the master cylinders are the same. Mine is a 9.5mm bore but 10.5mm might be better (if slightly heavier on the pull). There is some posts within this thread about it somewhere. There is an attachment lever for the richener or whatever you want to call it. I had to make a custom bracket for the lower end on top of the case in order to get the correct free play figure at the slave cylinder. As I understand it others haven't had to do that. I originally had the Mid West Engineering lever fitted but I don't like it much..... :)

Does anyone need an RR? I have two working stock ones & also an FHA20 Mosfet upgrade if anyone is in need.
    C.Hensley likes this.
  11. dhawker

dhawker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another option you may not have considered in to put in a Rekluse. I have one in my 2007 TE610 and it is awesome. You get all the benefits of a Rekluse clutch along with a super light pull manual clutch when you want to shift manually. I have had it installed for about 5 years now and haven't had a spec of problems with it. I haven't even needed to adjust it after I got it set the way I like it. Since you don't really NEED to use the clutch lever, you can also repurpose it to control the rear brake with the lever by installing a kit, if you so desire. This is really handy in some tight difficult sections of trail. Just something to ponder over.....
    C.Hensley likes this.
  12. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I go around and around in circles thinking that some other bike would be better than the TE610, if I can just figure out what it is. I keep coming back to the bike in my garage as the best all-around option for the rides I had in mind when I bought it all those years ago. There are faster, more modern bikes, that are also bigger and heavier and less capable in dirt. And there are perhaps more reliable, lower-maintenance bikes that are smaller but weigh just as much or more and have significantly less power and less capable suspension, and don't have the six speed. And there are lighter, more powerful bikes that would probably be better to ride, but are at a disadvantage for service intervals, lack the wide ratios, lack the luggage capacity, and cost a lot more. As long as I can get the parts to keep it going...
    C.Hensley likes this.
  13. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    I think the 701 is about the only good alternative... keep it in the family!! I ride with a guy who has one.

for the clutch - 10.5mm piston Hymec 167 mineral oil version.

slave cylinder you need one of these https://www.femon.nl/media/Magura_Slave_Cilinder_Femon_Parts.pdf

I can’t remember the length but I might be able to look it up. I had to make a custom bracket for the slave but others seem to have got away with using the stock one.
    TripleThreat719 likes this.
  14. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    The 701 is the only one for me that could do everything that the 610 does and better, meaning the engine is smoother. Having said that, I just sold my 610 because 2 bikes replaced it and I really hadn't been using it for several years on a regular basis. A little sad to see it go as I had lots of memories on it, including a broken shoulder coming off it. :photog Btw, I'll have lots of extra farkles for sale soon, just gotta get pics of everything.
  15. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    The Gearing is not quite as good on the 701 in my opinion and it definitely feels like a slightly bigger bike and a few lbs heavier when you ride it but it’s about the only newer alternative other than it’s Orange twin the 690. The fact that the additional gas options are pretty limited on the 701 is a bummer. 130 miles and even with the race extra tank it’s 170 ish. There is a Safari double tank out now but it requires a seat modification as well as a couple of other tweaks... :)
  16. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    I never rode one off road, only on the street, but was amazed at how smooth the engine was for a single. If I could only have 2 bikes, it would be my VFR and a 701; and the 610 was the original bike in that equation.
  17. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I had an early model Rekluse on my KTM 640 Adventure and liked it when riding in Moab and the surrounding area. I also just installed one of the Rekluse Radius CX models in my Beta X-Trainer. Since I have it, I don't really ride the TE 610 on technical single track. I have it set up for gravel, two track, and backroad adventure riding. Have a 5 gallon tank on it, a reinforced subframe for extra luggage capabilities, a Britannia Composites Lynx fairing on it with upgraded lighting, it's set up with both a Garmin XT and a GPSMap 60 csx, heated gear, and a Spot Tracker. I actually have a Barnett Cable on the TE and a set of aftermarket shorty levers, so the cable pull is pretty smooth. Just contemplating the hydraulic option. Really like it on the Beta, but I know that the Rekluse on it will transform that little thing into a real Billie Goat.
  18. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Every now & again I press the start button, get a click from the solenoid but no action from the starter. It didn't used to do it but to be honest I don't have that many miles on it in my ownership, maybe coming up to a 1000.

If I keep trying it will go after a few cycles of clicks. Anyone else ever experience that? :)

I can feel and hear the solenoid activating when I do it but I haven't dug around with a meter to see if it's passing full voltage... maybe it's just a dirty connector. Anyone have a good source for a spare relay? Seems like he Yamaha ones (WR450 and others) might be the same. It's a 2008 if that makes a difference. :-)
  19. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Usually this happens when the battery gets weak. Maybe time for a fresh battery.
    Yes the Yamaha WR450 relays from the early 2004 era bikes is a perfect replacement.
    davethegoat and salty_monk like this.
  20. ronandkat

ronandkat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to agree, I have actually said something similar! this bike is just phenominal for a dual sport. The Dr, KLR, XRL are not even near the same league in terms of power and suspension.. The Newer EURO bikes are better and lighter off-road but I feel the service intervals and road worthiness is a downfall.. for an all around dual sport its a very tough bike to beat. I will probably be selling mine in the spring to purchase a larger bike for more long distance trips that I used to take on my FJR.. so something like a Strom or equivalent.. but it will sure be missed.