Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. salty_monk

salty_monk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Battery seems good... 13.2v standing (it's a fancy Shorai LFX - my bike has a custom battery box welded in). It drops to about 11v when cranking (starter turning) measured at the output on the solenoid. I have ordered one of the solenoids & I have a spare starter here too. Might have a go at cleaning up the starter wire & also check out the ground, maybe run an additional one... :)
  2. 18415

18415 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    44A672FC-6F0E-4FDD-BFA6-4CC1DC4FD270.jpeg 0FA516D9-3737-45D3-88AA-B753245342F1.jpeg 80669FB9-7C81-4A1F-A638-B58293E3AB4F.jpeg Rode around spooner summit east of Lake Tahoe. Snagged my Speedo cable. The OEM wiring on this bike is light gauge. I had to rewire my whole taillight assembly because it shorted out.
  3. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Yeah maybe it's worth measuring the resistance of the cable to the starter... perhaps it's overheated at some point. Maybe I'll throw something in heavier duty. :)

The riding looks good. Is that an aftermarket side stand? :)
    18415 likes this.
  4. 18415

18415 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe so. I bought it used. It’s actually @adam71 ’s old bike. He bought it from @sashapave. It’s stayed in the ADVrider family.
    salty_monk likes this.
  5. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Can anyone remind me which way the fuel lines hook up? I have a safari tank so it's not quite as obvious as I think it might be with the stock tank... first time I've taken it off and like an idiot I've deleted the photo I took to remind me! :stupid

There is one from the left of the throttle body (as seen from sitting on the bike) and one from the right that appears to be attached to a pressure regulator (bell shaped thing). If someone could tell me "left to red" or whatever that would be enough!

:clap

On another note - I just fitted the 10.5mm piston Hymec Magura Master cylinder on the clutch & can concur that it seems to be much better than the 9.5. If anyone wants a 9.5 for another bike - going cheap let me know....
  6. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    TripleThreat719 and 18415 like this.
  7. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Is this something difficult to see on the stock tank? Can anyone assist? :)

Can anyone remind me which way the fuel lines hook up? I have a safari tank so it's not quite as obvious as I think it might be with the stock tank... first time I've taken it off and like an idiot I've deleted the photo I took to remind me! :stupid

There is one from the left of the throttle body (as seen from sitting on the bike) and one from the right that appears to be attached to a pressure regulator (bell shaped thing). If someone could tell me "left to red" or whatever that would be enough!
  8. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Just hook them up. If it runs then you hooked them up correctly, but if it doesn't run, then swap them.
  10. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    I’m fitting quick disconnects and want to fit them opposing on each line so they can only be connected one way in future.

I have the safari instructions but they don’t show where each line originates…
  11. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    I guess I'm confuzzled and don't understand why this is so complicated? Perhaps I'm missing something. You can't run temporary fuel line to figure out how to hook up the fuel tank? When I installed brass fittings in my fuel pump and would disconnect lines then after a week or so forget which line goes where, I'd run the lines how I think it went and then if it ran I knew I hooked them up correctly and if it didn't, I'd swap them. If you're running a new fuel tank then there should still only be 2 lines. You can contact Safari or whoever and ask them, or you can temporarily run makeshift lines. :dunno
  12. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Yeah I can work it out. I just wanted to rig the disconnects in a certain way and figured with the stock tank it’d be pretty easy for someone to see which one comes from which side of the throttle body but maybe not... I’ve never seen one! :D
  13. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Just worked out which X-Trig preload adjuster works for us (2008 model at least). Overpaid as I had to order through a Beta Dealer but now I can see the other part numbers on the packaging so maybe it'll help one of you lot...

Third time lucky of ordering I actually received an X trig branded unit that fits fine. I've paid over the odds as there are plenty available at a discount if you search (Annoyingly I nearly bought one for $61 on a whim 3 months ago & it turns out it was the right part GRRRR!!)

Part number is KYB #500010600101 which is Xtrig number XT100481101HU

I've also belatedly found out that the shock is a bear to remove on our bikes, I've never had a bike in so many pieces for a simple shock swap before! :)
    C.Hensley likes this.
  14. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    It's a pita the first time you pull the shock but hopefully you learned the secret way of getting it out w/out removing the entire rear half of the mc. It actually comes out in about 15min if done the right way.
  15. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    :D please share.... mine has a custom battery box welded into the subframe. I think that probably makes it harder.

I had to remove the exhaust and pivot the subframe on its top bolt.
  16. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Well the Xtrig seems to work... now sorting out some wiring & adding the Jiffytite's to the fuel line. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom about the fuel level sensor? I've read another thread about the 68ohm resistor reading zero resistance but it looks like mine is still reading 64ohm. That changes to minus 850 falling to minus 650 after the fuel pump primes although it does briefly trigger the light. Strange!

I'm wondering if the LED headlight is messing with it as the dipped beam is also on that same wire and perhaps the old filament bulb would have added something to it...
  17. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did find the factory headlight wiring on my carbed '06 to be pretty sketchy. Ran relays and some heavier wiring for my Baja Designs/Boatman setup. The stock headlight could definitely have pulled down the voltage on that circuit a bit.
  18. salty_monk

Oddometer:
    Turns out the Thermistor is toast at least intermittently anyway. I can see my fuel level through the Safari tank side and the thermistor from through the fuel cap so I think I'm just going to rely on that and pull the system out and stash it somewhere. The Thermistor is a PITA to fix from what I've seen & I'll never rely on it from now on whether it's fixed or not... no trust!

Now I've fixed the faulty transfer petcock I should actually be able to use all the gas in the tank.....
  19. rymerc

rymerc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen any intake manifold carb boot things in stock anywhere in months. Searching through here looks like there isn't any alternative either. Any new info that didn't make it's way to the thread yet?

new part number: 8000a9603
  20. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Have you tried to contact Hall's Cycles in Springfield, Illinois?