Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also try EBay for parted out bikes. I got engine cases that way a few years ago when my buddy blew a rod thru his case.
  2. rymerc

rymerc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did, they got back to me very quickly and confirmed there's none to be had and no salvation in sight.

"Unfortunately part number 8000A9603 is no longer available from Husqvarna
    and we do not have any in stock. At this time I do not know of anyone making
    a reproduction of this intake yet. Sorry we could not help you with your
    current parts needs."
  3. davethegoat

davethegoat bahhh....bah...

Oddometer:
    What year is your bike?
  4. rymerc

rymerc Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. davethegoat

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry I can't help you. The extra one I have is for an '08-'09
  6. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Sorry Hall's wasn't able to get you one. They replaced the one on my 2006 about a year ago, or so when they were fixing some other top-end related issues.
  7. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe Motozotica? In CA
  8. C.Hensley

C.Hensley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. wmmason

wmmason Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. stu72762

stu72762 Guy who rides a motorcycle to escape reality..

Oddometer:
    Is the 2008 TE 610 a good bike? Would anyone on this list buy it again if they could have instead purchased a DR650 for same price? The TE 610 reliable?
  11. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, it's a good bike. Reliable - no, not without a lot of work to fix the problems the Italians built into it. This thread has all the detail you want, just spend some time reading.

The two bikes aren't really comparable. They are both good answers, but to a different set of questions. If you want a bike that does what one does well, you probably wouldn't be happy with the other.
  12. davethegoat

Oddometer:
    The one I picked up has been reliable. I had to do a bunch of stuff to get it that way though. Within the first couple months of owning it I did woodruff key, clutch washers, new old stock air intake boot, had to reepoxy the air filter bolts, new air filter, chain guide, chain and sprockets, water temp sensor, wheel bearings, pull and clean the injector, get ibeat and reset tps. I also put on a fresh set of tires, new handle bars and grips, new battery, stainless mesh oil filter also a new brake light license plate hanger. Has just over 4k miles and I wouldn't trade it for a xr650r, or a dr650 IMG_20210328_193058837.jpg
    Baroquenride and wmmason like this.
  13. stu72762

stu72762 Guy who rides a motorcycle to escape reality..

Oddometer:
    All those items you replaced...were they preventive measures...or were they repairs?
  14. wmmason

wmmason Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If i can give my two cents on the DR650 and TE610 - in australia people love the DR650 - but stock they are a really basic simple bike. So people end up spending a lot of dollars dialing them in - upgraded shocks, reworking the carbies, fuel tank, seat etc. Where as the Te610 comes with a lot of nice gear already on it - six speed, fuel injection if you get a 2008 newer, big carbie, lots of power. But here they're not as common, and like all bikes they've got a couple of things that should be done preventiviely. Like the clutch cup washers. I love my TE - it's been the best dual sport bike i've ever ridden, just don't use it that much anymore.
    C.Hensley and Baroquenride like this.
  15. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Mine was reliable except for the fuel pump that would work, then not work, then work again until it finally failed permanently out on the trail. However, that can happen with ANY mc which they all use the same fuel pump more or less so I don't count that. All mc's have their quirks and discounting the fuel pump mine was very reliable for me. Lots of really good info here which you can easily do a search in this thread for specific topics of you wind up with one. I've since gone with an FE350 which is so much more nimble and lighter but not nearly as highway friendly as that 610. If you can only have 2 bikes like when I bought mine, I'd highly recommend this and a sport touring mc- this would be ideal.
    wmmason likes this.
  16. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    I totally agree with wmmason above me.
    wmmason likes this.
  17. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Also adding to the highway manners the gear spread is ideal. The only other single which is better for highway use is the 2017+ 701 which is remarkably smooth but more $$$.
  18. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Parts availability is the one downside to the TE610 that I have experienced. Owning an '06 may make it a little more challenging than for the FI bikes, but there certainly are not the same aftermarket options for upgrades for these bikes as some of the other makes and models out there. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike, its performance, and the exclusivity of it, but owning something that not a lot of other people own comes with its own set of challenges.
    wmmason likes this.
  19. davethegoat

Oddometer:
    The woodruff key had sheared, the intake boot was starting to crack just on the outside, the chain guide had rubbed through to metal on one side which apparently is common on these. So I replaced the chain and sprockets too and I'm glad I did because the new front sprocket fits tight on the shaft unlike the oem which can damage the shaft. I had a stalling issue so I had to pull the injector to clean it. The rest of the stuff was just preventative
  20. salty_monk

salty_monk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For a weekend bike the TE is going to win every time. More power, lighter weight more fun. The DR would be a much better choice for traveling round the world due to it's simplicity.... Horses for courses. :)

I would say that with the DR you'll spend time & money upgrading to be happy & with the TE you'll spend time & money to get over it's foibles. Inherently though the bike is known to be quite reliable once the preventative stuff is out the way.
    Baroquenride likes this.