Husqvarna TE630

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tagati, Sep 18, 2009.

1. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    Replacement slave direct from oberon in the UK
    $160 aud delivered. Nice how it has a ball for the rod to rotate on .
    20190819_152622.jpg 20190821_165824.jpg
  2. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll make no claims as to gains/losses of power, but I helped my riding partner do exactly that back in 2012. We cut the pipe and welded a plate over the hole where the right side pipe branched off from the header, gutted the remaining muffler (leaving the spark arrester intact) and shortened the length of the muffler a few inches at the same time. It actually sounds very nice, without being obnoxiously loud. I'd imagine that this setup flows LESS than the stock duals, and definitely less than if we'd made a new (larger diameter) midpipe to an aftermarket single muffler, but it seems to run just as well as it did prior, and the short single muffler cleaned up the look of the back end of the bike nicely (looks more like a dirtbike now) and lost a significant chunk of weight in the process. No regrets, YMMV
    auto likes this.
  3. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What about the continually leaking master cylinder? Is there an expensive high end replacement part for that? I have almost had enough of it leaking.
  4. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rotax655 likes this.
  5. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do have an OEM new in box master cylinder but sometimes wonder if I should bother installing it. I also have a new in box instrument cluster. I was trying to think ahead.......
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  6. kirbybikes

Oddometer:
    Might as well use what you have. I doubt it will increase in value much over the next dozen or so years. What's the current saying "Barn Find!". I also have an instrument cluster in reserve also. If I ever sell it can be a low mileage only ridden to church on Sundays bike.
  7. Rotax655

Rotax655 Aprilia World Meeting

Oddometer:
    the tube has arrived. this Miami seller is very efficient. now I have to install it as soon as possible IMG_20190830_192002.jpg
    View attachment 1864590
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  8. Ungarisch

Ungarisch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got my Power Up Kit from Greece. Currently with the Lambda sensor in and fully straight pipe'd dual mufflers, with opened up airbox, I have been running at 99/106/119 on iBeat with good pull on low end, terrible dead spot in middle rev range and not so terrible but still pretty bad top end power. I'm hoping that the PU kit will fix the dead spot in the middle because this bike is all noise, no pull after around 4000rpms. Even if I raise the numbers on iBeat it doesn't seem really get any additional fuel in the bike, no matter how high I raise the numbers I do not see any black soot inside the muffler tips.

My question is, with the PU kit installed, what iBeat values do you guys normally run? I'm guessing I should be bumping it down from what I currently have? Unfortunately it's been damn near a year now and I'm still not allowed to post on HuskyCafe, otherwise I would ask there in the iBeat thread.

This bike has to have the worse fueling system ever, I mean with 600cc's and a 12.6:1 compression ratio, how in the hell am I getting pulled on by my buddie's little DRZ400, and murdered by an XR650, not the R! but L! I used to have an 2007 SM610 (carburated 570cc) back in the late 2000s, and with the same exhaust and airbox mods as my current 630 and I remember that bike being fairly fast with great top end and effortless roll on wheelies in 2nd gear. As said before, the 630 is just noise above lugging it, wheelies are a pipe dream... Given that both the 610 and 630 use the same engine, I doubt it's the new dual cams head that's killing the performance, got to be the crappy FI that's on the bike. If this PU doesn't fix this, I guess I need a Power Commander, but in the mean time I'm now just a little worried if I should be riding the bike at all if it's running this lean?
  9. Homerb

Homerb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow. I'm running the stock iBeat setting with a single Staintune muffler and the power up kit and my bike runs great.
  10. Rotax655

Oddometer:
    the tube has been replaced with that of the Gates suitable for being immersed in gasoline. I thank Dynobob for having warned me of this possible problem. the photo of the unsuitable tube mounted temporarily before the "Gates" arrived. is in these conditions after 15 days of diving. it drops easily and therefore would not have held up the pressure of about 3 bars in the long run...... IMG_20190831_145423.jpg IMG_20190831_141147.jpg IMG_20190830_202851.jpg
    chevmekanik and DYNOBOB like this.
  11. kirbybikes

Oddometer:
    EFFECTS.jpg

Glad everyone's bike is running awesome and no issues otherwise this thread would have been a lot higher than page 8. Picture from my 1/2 done CDR trip. I made it from Vancouver BC across Washington, Idaho and into Montana to start the CDR then headed south. Made it to Yampa Colorado before dropping from the ride due to a severe sinus infection. Rented a truck and headed home. The bike ran great and was a total star on the trip. Well other than a battery change in Jackson Hole Napa parking lot. I dropped just as the ride and scenery were getting even better. I'll be back, I've got a score to settle and scenery to enjoy. Photo from Red Meadow Lake Montana
  12. Rotax655

Oddometer:
    here is the fuel filter suitable for replacing the one fitted by the factory. thanks again to Dynobob. P.S. it is suitable for FIAT and Renault cars that I drove 30/40 years ago. Price 10 euro IMG_20191003_180725.jpg
    DYNOBOB and climberevan like this.
  13. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Yeah they are a very common universal inline filter. I have the same on my swm.
  14. Rotax655

Oddometer:
    the EP58 is the only filter that has the exact measurements to be inserted in the standard pump.
    DYNOBOB and Owen Snell like this.
  15. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog

Oddometer:
    A few from our recent trip out west. Jim and I were on our 630's.

Wyoming - The Emigrant Trail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Union Pass/Tetons area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Northern Utah/Colorado, Dinosaur National Monument/Echo Park campground area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Utah/Colorado state line heading south to Grand Junction/Telluride.

Dragon Road
    [​IMG]

Baxter Pass
    [​IMG]

Divide Rd, looking west to Moab/LaSal Mtns
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ophir Pass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    joe cool, kirbybikes, auto and 10 others like this.
  16. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. rickcj7

rickcj7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The kit is just the foam and cover not the whole seat.
  19. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a complete set. SC foam + seat pan
  20. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let me ask this question another way. Is this a Seat Concepts kit on a stock pan?