HWY 20 to HWY 49

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by rwamf, Mar 23, 2006.

1. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    This is a Fun GS route, Starts out paved then turns to some fun two track with quite a few spectacular views, I also threw in a fun steep ride up to Sierra Buttes and then back down to 49 close to Downieville.
    Enjoy
    Robert
  2. FrankF

FrankF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What program will open this attachement??
  3. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    It will open in any program the will read a "gpx" file
    Garmin Mapsource 6.9 or later will do it, Or you can use "Easy gps" or "gpsbabel"
    both freeware to convert it to your GPS format, the later offering more options
    I hope this helps
    Robert
  4. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
  5. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Robert, please stop tempting me with trails that are still covered with snow:D . So whats with the waypoint 6bridgeou ?
    I rode part of this last spring, but was just going to head the rest of the way up to 89, this looks better.
    So how about a cool trail like the last 2 you have posted, only a little lower elevation.

Thanks for the tracks!
  6. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    There is a spur off of the route that I took down to a bridge that had colapsed, I had a way point marked and did not remove it from my route.
    I will see what else I have down low, It seems all the fun stuff is up high, I have so much stuff that is all above 5k ft.
    Robert
  7. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    Robert, i have a question for you or for anyone that might know. i have been downloading a few gpx routes i may be interested in and some of them have lots of way points and some do not. this one of yours has only one called "bridge out" i am using easy gpx and all i see is a black dotted line with no way points. is this right or am i doing something wrong. there have been others with only the black dotted line as well. can you help me with this?

David
  8. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    From what I think you are asking is " the black dotted line" is the track , Do you have a software program? ( Delorme Topo 6.0, Mapsource, etc??) Easy GPS is a converter program from what I have seen, You need a mapping program to view the file on a map, You can bring the "gpx" file into Google Earth or your other mapping program to view it on a map. I like using TRACKS vs waypoints or routes, Tracks work great for exploring new areas, as you can have a known way to go. I do not put allot of waypoints in my tracks anymore as they seem to clutter things up on the gps. Not sure I have answered your question? hope this helps
    Robert
  9. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    yes robert you answered my question. was just wondering if i was doing something wrong with easygps as some of the routes i have been down loading had waypoints and some did not. thought maybe i clicked on something i shouldn't have and they went away:huh
    thanks for the help....... cyclepath