Hydraulic Clutch for LC4 Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Scotty, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    And here's the business end, on the engine...

Attached Files:

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Arch is correct in saying that the clutch is for an lc4, I stated that it doesn't fit the Adventure without massaging the switchgear pod. Maybe I'm a little strange,:loco but the appearance of the "whole" bike is important to me. That's why I want an Adventure specific hymec clutch. I guess that I rode street bikes for too long.:whip
  3. flyshop

flyshop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Arch

Sorry I did not say thanks sooner but I was gone for the day and just got home. The pictures were just what wanted to see. Thanks again!!!

I saw you picture on the lc4 comfort seat. This is just a guess but I think the reason KTM does not list a comfort seat for the Adventure is because the came up with a more comfortable stock seat on the 03 Adventure. Like I said just a guess. I do have one of the 03 seats on backorder with Holeshot part #58207040500. Will post a reply when or if it comes.

Thanks
    flyshop
  4. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    :beer

Hey ya sure it ain't supposed to be #58207040400? Couldn't find a listing for an '03 part. FWIW, the seat on my bud's '02 model is noticeably more comfy than the one on my '01 and both take the same part number. There was talk of 'em changing the foam or something of the sort from '01 to '02, so it seems they're just selling one seat for all the latest year models. Anyway, it's now nicer than what came stock on the '01.

As for the part # ya mentioned, if that's an '03 seat, I haven't sampled one yet (we didn't get any '03s around here) so if it comes in and pleases your hinder, do tell.

:D
  5. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Hate to say it, but the '03 Adventure seat is the same seat as the '02, only the cover has changed :doh According to my sources, the seat is better than the '01 foam, but there is still a lot to be desired. I just sent my seat to Sargent Cycle Products in Jax, Fl, and they're going to widen, dish, and square the crown on the seat. They're also going to put medium density foam on the front panel for long duration support and a layer of low density foam for the initial cushiness. Of course they are going to re-cover the seat too. This sounds like an expensive proposition, but I was quoted only $175 for everything. Considering that a local upolsterer wanted $150:yikes just to add a layer of unshaped low density foam and re-cover the seat, Sargent is a bargain. Apparently Adventure seat complaints are pretty common because the rep I talked to at Sargent described the seat as an upolstered piece of telephone pole:lol2 I'll keep you posted on the results. Arch, how are things in DFW?
  6. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    You sure 'bout the seats being the same? - KTM list the improved comfort seat as an improvement on the '03 over the '02 seat.
  7. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    I thought it was different too, until I was corrected by KTM USA.:bash There is an lc4 comfort seat, but it doesn't fit the Adventure. I learned about this first hand because I ordered one, and much to my dismay upon inspection, the seat is for a standard lc4. In the case of the standard lc4, yes, the comfort seat is much more comfy than the stock seat.:nod I think that I need to start a new thread about this subject :type
  8. Scotty

Scotty Adventurer X

Oddometer:
    Hello Fellas,
    After reading this thread this morning I went straight to the shop to compare the seat from my 03 Adventure to the seat from my 02 Adv. and they don't look like the same seat!!
    The seat on the 03 is narrower towards the front, lower and wider in the rear and a little scooped out in the arse end...I forgot to grab my digi cam before work today but I will try to post some pics tommorrow so you can see both seats side by side!
    As for the cover, it makes all the difference in the world not having the seams from the 02 seat right under your arse bones!
    As for the differences in foam between the two ?? I dunno but the 03 seat seems a bit softer than the 02(but that could easily be my imagination)!
    Anyway folks I thought you might like to know my .02 since I can put the two side by side.....

O'ya I will be adding my '02 Adv. to the flea market soon so if you know anyone who is looking for an '02 Adv. let em know please!
    Cheers,
    Scotty
  9. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    Similarly, Scotty, my bud's '02 seat is noticeably comfier than my '01. Now the '03 is different yet again!

:scratch

Oh well, LOL! We're a fickle bunch ain't we? :D

Lookin' forward to the pics and will pass along the news of your scoot being for sale around here. So why's it going on the block?
  10. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Wow, Why are you selling your Katoom?:confused What do ya want to get for it?
  11. Scotty

Scotty Adventurer X

Oddometer:
    Well really the only reason I did'nt put it up for sale the day my '03 Adv. arrived was because my partner and I are scheduled to do the Rallye de Serrtoes in Brazil this August and he was trying to decide whether or not to ride my '02 for the race or get something else..
    Well he decided to go with something else so I have been cleaning her up and getting her ready for the to go!

Plus the used bike market SUXXXXX down (or up) here at the moment!

Not real sure about the price yet :confused or whether I will try the ebay thing or not.

Well anyway Bro's, have a good weekend and be safe,
    :beer ,
    Scotty
  12. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    I compared the '03 to the '02 butt to butt and the '03 is definitely more comfortable (at least in the shop). The lack of seams and wider, flatter back make a difference. I ordered one so I'll post more details when I pick it up.

-BS
  13. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    Oh you betcha, Boyscout! Flyshop shed the light on the new seat in this thread so I ordered one too. It is indeed a good bit nicer than before.

:thumb
  14. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    bump.

thanks arch - i'll add it to the index soon. :D
  15. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Added. :augie
  16. Para504

Para504 Spam, Spam, bacon & Spam!

Oddometer:
    Perfect timing thanks Arch /Meat!!!
  17. WPRider

WPRider Colorado Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if Magura offers a rebuild kit for the slave cylinder? Or anyone have a solution for a slave cylinder that is no longer maintaining pressure?
  18. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    You're talking about the aftermarket add-on clutch right?

Options:
    1: Disassemble it (it's really simple) and clean both the seals, and reassemble with the original parts. This worked for me until it got dirty again.
    2: Pull it off the bike, replace with the original cable. This is what I did next.
    3: Replace the shaft seal with an x-ring. It should do a better job of keeping itself clean. McMaster.com has lots of different sizes. I will try this the next time I order something else from them.
  19. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    A rebuild kit is available for the clutch master cylinder.

The clutch on my '03 got soft and was drawing in bubbles during the week preceeding the Fall Colors Tour in AR and I was properly bent over and given the "Business" from a KTM dealer in Little Rock. An expensive repair, but they overnighted the parts, and got me on the road quickly.

They did rebuild the master cylinder and it works as it should now.

One-Legged Bill, a bonafide Hillbilly who also lived in a real-live Hillbilly shack with 8 brokedown cars in the yard and a mule on chain at a fork in the road 40 miles from nowhere offered me the leftovers of the mineral oil he used to make his constipated mule.....well, unconstipated.

One-Legged Bill's generosity, got me out of the woods.

Here goes for the part numbers..double check them though:

42013226000 CU-Seal Ring DIN7603
    50302032000 Rep.set Piston Clutch
    50302036200 Magura clutch mineral oil (red)

I had them replace the clutch line as well.

Dirty
  20. Roboter

Roboter Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Hey all, I just broke my second clutch cable. The routing of the cables are fine, but the gauge of the cable is tiny!
    Anyways, I want to eliminate the cable completely and get the hydraulic kit I heard about. Who makes it? I did google searches but nothing came up. any help would be great!