Hydraulic Clutch for LC4 Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Scotty, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Seikkailu_R

Seikkailu_R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Roboter

Roboter Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Will a hydraulic clutch system from an 07 640 Adventure for example bolt directly onto my 99 Adventure? If not, what would I have to do it order to make it work?
    Thanks all!
  3. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    Roboter, I don't believe so. The OEM hydro has internal pieces.

I have installed a Magura hydro clutch onto my 1999 LC4E. Works pretty good. You would have to check for compatibility with the Adventure.

I can't find my post on here. I'll try to dig up the part # and where I ordered it. It was a good price.

Okay, found my info. For my 1999 LC4E (not sure if Adv is identical) the Magura part # is 0120523. Keep in mind that there are other weird Magura numbers such as -30 and whatnot which are not the same part. Mine is 0120523 (0612-0035).

I got mine from here; http://oemcycle.com/Item/product/1673

Also don't forget to order a mirror mount piece if you need it.
  4. Roboter

Roboter Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Thanks bro! Its on its way to my door step now!
  5. Hotshot

Hotshot Def

Oddometer:
    Ok, not to beat this thread to death and not to really look like an idget, but what is the difference in the '99 and '01 Magura hydras? They seem to have different part numbers. Also, the KTM catalog says the it won't fit an LC4E with electric start. :huh Is it just the controls? I've mounted Maguras on my other dirt bikes (KDX, CR, ect) and it was straight forward. As long as there is room for the slave cylinder on the crank case, right? As far as controls go, Arch seems to have the answer there. No big deal. I just want to mount one on my '01 LC4, oh, and find the best deal. Wouldn't any Magura Jack with a decomp lever work? Suggestions please.

Thanks,
    me
    :1drink
  6. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking at a oo' 640e and would need to switch to hydro right away. I have an upgraded 02 640 adventure with the Magura kit that required the dremel work, any way to swap that to the 00 640e??
  7. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have ’00 Adventure with Magura HYMEC kit. I got mine from www.sommer-ktm.de. It should fit all LC4s until 2002, but will require some cutting of the plastic controls assembly housing. It’s easy to do with soldering iron, Dremel or file. Only remaining issue is a slight interference with hand guards. I can’t turn the clutch assembly as freely as I wish. I think it’s not the same as the KTM hydraulic clutch. The OEM looks a bit smaller one.
  8. GUSABERG

GUSABERG Blat

Oddometer:
    Hey folks, new to ADVRider so just figuring it out. Not that great with computers to tell the truth :1drink!!!! I need advice on what oil to use in my 640 ADV with a Rekluse clutch!!! There is so much bloody info out there. Much of it is conflicting. Who is the go to for this question???? Cheers all.
  9. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Gus-I have a rekluse installed on my YZ450F and have used the Rotella Synthetic oil in her since '04 without a problem. friction and clutch plates still measure within spec.

Dirty