1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Hyperstrada - The bike that you can take with you.

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by RL Lemke, Oct 6, 2016.

1. JeffPM

JeffPM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, not an option. They are primarily a used car dealer, a few years ago they decided to branch out and include some bikes. A friend took his Ducati there for belts. The mechanic insisted they should be very tight, so much so the engine was howling. The mechanic claimed that was normal. Italian scooters are their primary focus.
    bumknee likes this.
  2. burnt knobbies

burnt knobbies Donnie Danger

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]thanks for the post. Got mine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. RL Lemke

RL Lemke Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Add the T-Rex setup I have and you will be tickled pink.

[​IMG]
    ErGuss and oalvarez like this.
  4. RL Lemke

Oddometer:
    A lot of people here may not have a hitch that can carry a motorcycle. I've designed a trailer that can carry one motorcycle behind any small car and yet fit into the same parking stall as any other car. Yes, the whole car and trailer is less than 20' long. this makes parking a snap. Similar to the Moto carrier but with torsion suspension and 13" radial tires.
  5. burnt knobbies

burnt knobbies Donnie Danger

Oddometer:
    I got mine at the hardware store
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cozmo2312 likes this.
  6. RL Lemke

Oddometer:
    Glad you were able to draw from my better restraint system developed with T-Rex.
    burnt knobbies likes this.
  7. cvgpico

cvgpico n00b

Oddometer:

Rob,

I just picked mine up last Thursday. I got a great/awesome/stellar/unrealistic deal on a leftover 2016 939 model as the 2017 models are starting to roll in. It was seriously so heavily discounted, I thought someone may have died on it during a demo ride.
    I am about 5'11'' and 170lbs. 34w with 30-31'' inseam. The bike fits me perfectly but I could see how anyone taller or larger than I, in the bike's stock configuration could be cumbersome to some if not many.
    So far I have only about 4 hours of saddle time 2 of which was the ride back to Cincy from Indianapolis. The bike is an absolute dream. It has plenty of power even being limited to the break-in period maximum of 6k rpm.
    This particular bike is an addition to the livery that currently only consists of a 2013 heavily modified DR650. The Hyper I have to say rides very reminiscent of my DR. The Hyper has an upright riding position that greatly mimics a dirtbike but has the soul and underpinnings of a sportbike. The handling and drivability however, is a much more and better refined and defined experience compared to the DR which should go without saying.
    The Hypers have been on my radar since their inception in 2013 and recently came back on the radar with the launch of the 939 testa-desmo drivetrain.
    While this bike has me consistently sleeping on the sofa :( for the nearly foreseeable future, I in no way regret my purchase what so ever!
    At this price point the Hyper is at the very top of the spectrum for a motard style rig, but I had also compared this to the KTM Duke, 1090 adventure R (I know, different animal,) the Aprilia dorsoduro, and the MV Augusta Stradale. I ultimately chose the Duc for the styling and overall performance standpoint. Not to mention the discount, again. 3200 off list where I got my '16 model and for those of you that are seriously interested in this bike there is a 2016 left in Columbus OH for 11,249.
    I really haven't spent very much time in the forums so I will do my best to keep you updated if you like of the trials and tribulations of the new ownership if you like. I am hoping there aren't any hiccups, but an Italian sport bike owned by an over engineering German company, what could go wrong? At the same time, the Ducs seem to have become more reliable since Audi acquired them.
    5th-Elefant likes this.
  8. digger2

digger2 A cad & a bounder

Oddometer:
    I picked mine up two weeks ago. 5'9 and a 30" inseam. Fits like a dream and as cvgpico said, great deals on the leftover 16's.
    Mine is titled as a hypermotard for some reason but do not care. Got the bags, screen etc and love it.
  9. cvgpico

cvgpico n00b

Oddometer:
    That is a pretty awesome bike carrier. I just don't think my 06 A3 would hold it. On the other hand I could just ramp it up to the roof racks.............
  10. Droozy

Droozy TT Stooge # 9677

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a 2016 Hyperstrada. Im concerned with exhaust mods. It came with a akrapovic slip on, but the o2 sensors are still there so no midpipe change. Leave it or do i need the delete, and upmap?
  11. digger2

digger2 A cad & a bounder

Oddometer:
    if it runs fine leave it alone.