I-39 Illinois Construction ?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by divotdm, Sep 12, 2019.

1. divotdm

divotdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, Might be headed south on I39 next week. Looking at the Illinois DOT road construction map online it looks like they are working on it from Mendota to just short of Normal. How bad is it? Planning a SS1K and trying to minimize slowdowns. How bout the rest of the route?

https://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/RoadConstruction/index.html

Thanks,
    Dave Screenshot_2019-09-12 890 Fond Du Lac Ave to 900 Prospect Dr - Copy.png
  2. bbrz

bbrz Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cant call out 39, but yesterday I went to PEO on 74. 74 is clear from BMI to CMI. Going East from Champaign there are some zones for pavement and bridge painting, or were. Avoid Indy (last I knew) many upgrades going on 465,70,and 65. Your route looks good towards Bloomington IN. No idea what is going on with 64S. 57N was surfaced last year in sections leading back to Champaign. Maybe from 70?
  3. Streeter

Streeter Has Coping Skills

Oddometer:
    I went down to Bloomington / Normal and back over Labor Day weekend and don't remember any bad delays.
  4. kokemill

kokemill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rode to central IL last weekend, no delay on i39 northbound on Sunday mid-day.
  5. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im a trucker and use that road alot. Any slow down will be brief. Go getcha sum!