I-90 to Greenwater

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by MPS0430, Aug 24, 2016.

1. PNWet

PNWet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did, but not in a real scenario. I attached one end to a vehicle, and the other end to my lawn tractor and drug it (the lawn tractor) across the yard. It was extremely easy to set up and adjust. I could sit on the lawn tractor and get a 4:1 ratio, or stand by the vehicle and get a 5:1.

I know how to make and set up a Z drag. GCAG just makes it so easy it's worth the cost.
    Car Sun Key likes this.
  2. PNWet

PNWet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love the Cedar Lake area. I try to get up there often, and my kids and I sometimes camp there. I've also discovered a way onto Weyerhaeuser land (which I believe is mostly owned by the Muckleshoot Tribe now). I won't go around a gate or a sign and this has neither. With that, I believe I could get all the way from Wilkeson to Greenwater, though riding on the Weyerhaeuser side isn't very interesting.

Two things to note: there is active logging on the Hancock side (watch for trucks), and last year they were actively logging the Weyerhaeuser side but I don't know if they're resuming that this year.
  3. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Are you sure the gate wasn't just open / being repaired? Because as far as I can remember all the roads on the south side of 410 before Chinook had gates. I used to have a key - paid access and I know we were scouting for options with no avail
  4. PNWet

PNWet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is no gate. Been across a dozen or more times and I'm certain of no gate.
  5. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Than we want to know! :clap
  6. sunncountry

sunncountry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    010.JPG 013.JPG 016.JPG Good News... Bad News ...Crappy News.... Made it out of Cle Elum to Easton to Tacoma Pass then wait for it.... over Green Pass to Naches That's the Good News. Bad news is you boys from the South still got a way to go before getting to the top. Started down 7036 a little ways and doing some sidehill riding but didn't get far,still pretty deep Another week or two The Crappy news is I drowned my bike trying to cross Cabin Creek heading back to Easton. Pushed the bike to the snopark, then hitched a ride to the Hitching Post in Easton where Karl the owner was kind enough to take me back to Cle Elum to get my trailer. Thanks Karl! The KTM is getting placed on injury reserve. Beta is taking over for the rest of the season
    Ride Now, AC09, sirloynz and 3 others like this.
  7. mauroarriagada

mauroarriagada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bummer! That creek is so soft at the bottom. I did it last year in my 1190 and I almost got stucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. enumclaw

enumclaw I just....don't know

Oddometer:
    sunn, good intel! I suspected you could get through that rock pile once some of the snow melted away. And yeah, that shot up the hill with the snow? Got stuck in that area a few years ago....still, nice to know I can get over via 1913 now.
  9. AC09

AC09 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone been over Pyramid yet on 4 wheels?
  10. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bummer. Been thru Cabin Creek few times on 400 and not sure what it is with that crossing but always a good challenge

Post up if anybody wants to lead a big bike friendly ride over for lunch a WJ and I’m in
  11. enumclaw

Oddometer:
    Well, this is at 5375' on 7038 today. As was said, it's going to be a while before we can get over this route from the south. The bike is pointing just a few degrees clockwise from dead north here.

[​IMG]

This is standing on that drift looking further up the road.

[​IMG]

Was quite surprised at the amount remaining in this spot. I don't know if I'll bother giving it a shot next week, especially with this cool weather coming up. Snow level is supposed to drop to around 4000' this weekend. Isn't it June? :eek7

Looking back to the bike from the same spot.

[​IMG]

This spot is about 8/10's of a mile from where I was stopped last week.

[​IMG]

Might just have to run over to WJ next Friday.....
  12. Car Sun Key

Car Sun Key Pick a direction and go

Oddometer:
    That looks almost exactly like sirloynz pic from 2 weeks ago http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/i-90-to-greenwater.1169575/page-8#post-35081941 From the photos it looks 10+ feet deep

Sounds like you were at the middle left here - entering the treeline.

Wait, are those moto tracks???? I think I see the Tomasv secret route! Hang a right, ride across the meadow honking loudly when you cross the PCT, then take a left on that little 260 road right up to the top :lol3 Probably warm and sunny down there

Untitled picture.png

Gonna head out on a KLR mission tomorrow from the Easton side for the hell of it .... got to warm up for singletrack sunday!
    sirloynz and Ride Now like this.
  13. enumclaw

Oddometer:
    Exactly the spot, Jonk, and I completely missed that the picture is from the same spot as Sirloynz also. :scratch
    Car Sun Key likes this.
  14. Car Sun Key

Oddometer:
    Sun, rain, hail and light snow and miles of empty logging roads. 225 mi on the clicker launching from Northgate. NF784 totally clear (other than slide) over Green pass as previously reported by Suncountry - the 2018 Easton to Greenwater world champion. NF7038 I was stopped just to the other side of the drift Enumclaw made it to.

Fat pig fits through with a little first gear & throttle
    20180609_01.jpg

Space critters
    20180609_01b.jpg

Strawberries everywhere
    20180609_112414_Film4.jpg

Attached Files:

15. sunncountry

sunncountry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn that's a lot of miles. Trying to figure out how you get form Stampede exit to cabin creek on single track or am I missing something
    Nice report.
  16. Car Sun Key

Oddometer:
    zero singletrack unless you know something different :)

All dirt a couple exits from NBend
    sunncountry likes this.
  17. enumclaw

Oddometer:
    Thinking aobut running over to WJ for lunch on Friday via Pyramid. On the way back, run up 1913 just to see if there's any chance of getting through the drift on 7038. Not likely, but will be fun to be out regardless. All big bike friendly. Shout out if interested in meeting up for it.
    Car Sun Key likes this.
  18. Car Sun Key

Oddometer:
    I may be up for that, let me see if I can get my list cleared this week.
  19. TigerTanker

TigerTanker Husqurducycle

Oddometer:
    Plenty of inmates and thumpers in long meadow this weekend.
  20. erg59

erg59 DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard about Bethel Ridge? Probably still very snowed in?