I-90 to Greenwater

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by MPS0430, Aug 24, 2016.

1. NeuroDawg

NeuroDawg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's my understanding. Vultan has labelled "slide bypass" where the washout (in photos previously on this thread) has taken out FS 41.
  2. enumclaw

enumclaw I just....don't know

Oddometer:
    As I noted earlier, you can easily drop down to the water and work your way around the slide area. No pics or tracks handy at the moment, but it is pretty obvious when you're there. If you can do the water crossing at the washed out bridge, you can navigate this easily as well.
  3. deep6blue

deep6blue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m heading that direction this morning from the i90 side. I’ll post a few pictures.
  4. deep6blue

Oddometer:
    Ok, so I didn't make it to the washout. I found the creek crossing and stopped there. I'm a novice offroad, and was alone. I'll try again another day. But here are a few pictures of the creek crossing area.

CC Crossing.jpg CC Crossing 2.jpg CC Crossing 3.jpg
  5. AbnormalWrench

AbnormalWrench Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rode I90 to 410 yesterday for the first time. Was surprised how few people were out there. I unfortunately crashed at one point, there was a very large deep rut on the right side and my rear tire got pulled into it. I stupidly tried to ride it out, trying to steer out of it with the front tire up top, but that caused my rear end to swing into the ditch and then I high sided at about 35mph. I should have just steered into the rut, in hind site. The bike flipped and landed upside down. I got a pretty good bruise on my hip but didn't even rip the riding gear. Surprisingly, there was almost no damage. Broke one mirror and the rear brake lever got tweaked. As it happens, after getting the bike upright, looking it over and assessing the damage, having not seen a living soul the entire day, a rider shows up on a KTM 1290 ADV and was nice enough to follow me in case I discovered any other problems with the bike from the crash. But we ended up splitting ways a few miles later.

I can see there are many days of roads to check out and it is convenient how little time it takes to get out there. Will definitely be visiting more!

Attached Files:

6. MCoupe99

MCoupe99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Road from Hyak to Greenwater and back to Hyak on Sunday with a riding buddy, both of us on our 2020 Husky FE 501S bikes. First time for me riding in that area, so many roads & spurs to explore, not too much traffic either. Trailered our bikes to Hyak as it would be no fun riding from the eastern suburbs to Hyak on I-90 on the 501.
    IMG_20210718_140251195_HDR.jpg
  7. deep6blue

Oddometer:
    https://komonews.com/news/local/all...shington-to-be-closed-to-the-public-on-friday

[​IMG]

WENATCHEE -- The Washington Commissioner of Public Lands, Hilary Franz, has just announced the closure of all Department of Natural Resources-managed lands in eastern Washington effective midnight on Friday, July 23, due to extreme fire danger and ongoing drought east of the Cascades.

This closure will apply to DNR-managed state lands, conservation areas, community forests and any associated roads, trails, campgrounds, recreational sites or recreational facilities.

Franz stated, "This decision was not one we made lightly. But with the drought leaving the region as dry as ever, we must do all that we can to prevent human-caused fires. My staff will continue to monitor conditions and will determine a reopening date once those factors improve."
    AbnormalWrench likes this.
  8. woodsrider-boyd

woodsrider-boyd Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer:
    Very misleading graphic. The entire east side is not closed, just the DNR managed lands there.

However, Forest Service is requesting people stay out of the federal lands all over the east side too citing the current extremely dangerous fire hazard conditions.
    Vultan and Watercat like this.
  9. Car Sun Key

Car Sun Key Pick a direction and go

Oddometer:
    Drought? Didnt we have 300% snowpack? I guess it was those triple digit days in June that dried it all up
  10. Snowlover

Snowlover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did GW to Easton and back yesterday. About 100 miles. Started at 7030 turnoff, up to Twin camp, over to Greens pass, down to 52, up 52 to Tacoma Pass, over to Snoqualmie, then to Kachees and Via Kachees to Easton. Lunch in Easton, then returned but came back to Greens pass by 5480/83 (Dandy Pass), to Lizard Lake, then my favorite ride to 52 using 5203/5 down to 52, then to the truck. My KLX was blinking low fuel as I was near the truck and my body was telling me I need to be in better shape.

We snowmobiled 41 last winter and came out @ Easton, so what is different about the snowmobile trail from the road. No way the groomer could have got past the washout.

upload_2021-7-23_15-14-29.png
  11. NeuroDawg

NeuroDawg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you have gpx tracks from the snowmobiling, we could see where the groomer goes in relation to the washout.
  12. Vultan

Vultan Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a different route the snowmobiles use on the other side of cabin creek. It's leased by wssa and gated during the off season. I think it's called bueller pass.
  13. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    + some years there have been a photo trap by the gate
  14. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is it gated at the Log crk end or the Cole crk end, or both?
  15. Vultan

Vultan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gated on both ends. Never heard about cameras there, but wouldn't surprise me.
  16. Car Sun Key

Car Sun Key Pick a direction and go

Oddometer:
    Lots of truck traffic out there today. More than I've ever seen. Stay right homies! 20210724_154328.jpg
    Vultan, Watercat, Ride Now and 2 others like this.
  17. AbnormalWrench

AbnormalWrench Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ironically, I stopped to air up my tires when I got to FR-70, and there was a truck parked there, also airing up his tires, and he commented he'd never seen so many bikes before. I think it was just a busy day. But man was it a perfect day for riding!
    20210725_125420.jpg
    Vultan, Ride Now and Car Sun Key like this.
  18. pittca

pittca n00b

Oddometer:
    So is this route off-limits right now or just being discouraged? I'm finding the eastside closures a bit confusing about what and where riding is allowed right now
  19. Watercat

Watercat . . . gravity sucks

Oddometer:
    Off-limits is for the inflamed areas, and it seems the state has closed all DNR land east of the Cascades . . . . . Just be sure your exhaust has a spark arrestor.

Trinity_Session likes this.
  20. Vultan

Vultan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also, make sure your header isn't making contact with anything when you stop and nothing has been wedged against it.
    Watercat, Car Sun Key and Dorian like this.