I-90 to Greenwater

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by MPS0430, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Car Sun Key

Car Sun Key Pick a direction and go

Oddometer:
    You'd think it would just bubble out somewhere else.

Too many visitors yo Mt Si, we are going to have to blow it up!
    Watercat likes this.
  2. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Been out few times, but no time to post reports. Some messing around lake Cle Elum, few time over 7037 between 410 and I90, Naches pass and an interesting day when I have not see a single person only to run to Forest Service and being told that all of the area is closed and that I had to go around a gate and a truck (I did not, had fortunately pictures to prove it and discussion with another FS crew blocking Bathel ridge that said north is OK.
    It was the weekend of 8/4 when the Windy Pass fire started. She was on the radio for a while, threatening $5000 fine and arrest.

Found the historic ski lodge, interesting history - strongly recommend reading this if you ride the area: https://digitalcommons.cwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1011&context=local_authors

Was out one day every weekend in Aug. Once I have time, will try to do proper reports. Some interesting finds and some people full of BS!

Attached Files:

3. Car Sun Key

Oddometer:
    Cool info on Martin, thanks Tomas

Going to do a lap out there tomorrow if anyones interested in tagging along. Heading out of NBend 10am
  4. Car Sun Key

Oddometer:
    NBend to Blewett to Sect3 BDR to Easton to Stampede. Perfect conditions out there! 20210912_124243.jpg
  5. NSR400

NSR400 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone been up FSR70 from the 410 side lately ? Anything closed up on top around the PCT ? Might be running around up there tomorrow.
  6. JoelT

JoelT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was just there last Wednesday. Nothing closed yet. Lots of hunters camped out and I did see a huge elk. I rode Stampede, Little Naches and Greenwater (Via FS70).

A bit of chill in the air but no closed gates.
  7. enumclaw

enumclaw I just....don't know

Oddometer:
    I'm likely going to run up there tomorrow as well, perhaps to Cle Elum and back. Anyone been through the cabin creek washout lately? How about the power lines into Easton?
  8. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    I have done both about 3 weeks back. I was on the 790 and the washout is interesting:

First time coming East to West I had a pause and stopped, thinking if the bike is too big, thinking how the fuck I would get the bike up if I slid down.
    One week later coming west to east I was like OK, soon there will be the washout, pay attention no fuck ups and all of the sudden I am at the creek crossing. WTF I rode it without even noticing it!

Same with the power lines (assuming you are talking about the semi legal channel crossing to extend the riding on south of I90 from the Stampede exit) - all good and fund riding, even with the 790.

2021-08-08 19.02.56.jpg
  9. enumclaw

Oddometer:
    Thanks Czech!
  10. Vultan

Vultan Long timer

Oddometer:
    The yellow gate at the irrigation canal (tucker creek powerlines) has been closed all summer and the locals in that neighborhood have posted "resident only" signs at both entrances from the pavement. Someone made the slide go around wide enough for a utv about a month ago.
  11. enumclaw

Oddometer:
    Great day to be out there. Yeah, that slide go around is way better than what I remembered from last time, having lost traction west bound and nearly sliding over the side then. I didn't pick up the power lines entrance on the way back west, so after having lunch with a bud in Cle Elum I just came back cabin creek.
  12. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    I got some bad personal news on Thu. To the point I said fuck work, I will not be able to concentrate and went out riding. Late start and some more bad news!

Stampede exit and expected to come out via the I90 underpass at Easton. Not anymore!! New gate and no way get from Stampede to Easton now! This one is yellow and based on quick search, it seems to belong to Boneville power FUUUCK. We just lost the last option to go West to East on south side of I90 to Easton. (Cabin Creek is still a possibility but it will get old riding the same route over and over). You can still ride powerlines but no way out. It's a dead end now.

So after trying few more options - I went back to U-Fish road I90 exit and slabbed to Nelson Siding Rd exit to go back under the power lines - it's a no go to South Cle Elum as well. Gate closed! So back to NF4517 and via West side to Cle Elum Ridge.

Seems like they have locked down the south of I90 corridor really badly for us. If anyone has info on other options, including single track trails suitable for 701, please DM!

I was late - like 2:30 PM at the Cle Elum Ridge trail. So a bit of single track and back on the roads to Quartz Mt. A first stop, power bar snack and down towards Manastash ridge - oh because I skipped Easton not enough gas. Fuck. Turn back from the Ridge to Manastash Rd to Ellensburg for gas. It's now late like 5:30 when I leave the McDs with a quick "lunch". Up to Umtanum towers for some sunset photos on WABDR. Down Baby Head hill in almost dark and definately night riding when I got to Wenas. :-) I felt OK and was planning to night ride Wenas to 410 but could not get a message to my wife who would be sick worried if I got home at 1 AM...

So turn right and used the WABDR bypass to Thorb and slab back home.

The new gate(s) from Boneville are going to ruin my riding. If anyone has a contact I would love to talk to them if they would be willing to reconsider. Especially the one at: N 47 15.297, W 121 13.677

New gate: 2021-10-01 12.09.17.jpg

Before Quartz:
    2021-10-01 14.51.00.jpg

Quartz:
    2021-10-01 15.27.41.jpg

Sunset at Umptanum:
    2021-10-01 18.34.46.jpg

baby head hill on BDR at dark:
    2021-10-01 19.02.49.jpg
  13. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    WTF? is with the gate? Thought that was DNR land?
  14. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    I am not sure - there is "private property" sign and "road closed"

i was told all the land under the powerlines is leased to them, not sure why they blocked the road. A long time ago i was talking to one of the locals living on Fish Rd. He said some of the people are against all the 4x4s, SXSs etc. that use the area. Perhaps they finally got the company to listen?

it sucks BIG TIME
  15. Snowlover

Snowlover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was glad the 41 bypass was easy than previous pictures. Getting anxious about gas and knew Easton was close, so did 41 into Easton and gassed up. Did the via-kachees to avoid slab back to stampede.
  16. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    Was out there last Sat. Lots of folks out enjoying the nice fall day.
    20211002_133203.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Watercat, JoelT, erg59 and 5 others like this.
  17. Trinity_Session

Trinity_Session Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a train timetable? My dad asked for his ashes to be spread off the the trestle(bridge 56??) by Lester.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Car Sun Key likes this.
  18. Dorian

Dorian huge carbon footprint

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics Grizz! Of all the times I have ridden under that trestle over the years I have NEVER seen a train on it. I thought maybe it'd been decommissioned!?

Cheers! Dorian
  19. Car Sun Key

Oddometer:
    May start here
    https://bnsfnorthwest.com/washington/

You might try contacting them and tell them you want to take a photo and were wondering if you could get a schedule
    thirsty 1 and Trinity_Session like this.
  20. Trinity_Session

Trinity_Session Long timer Supporter

Oddometer: