I could not resist... 950 Super Enduro's Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Jolly705, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Did 1100 miles round trip this past weekend. This is the before shot :lol3 Got it much muddier as the trip went on.

[​IMG]

Covered some very cool roads.

[​IMG]
    enduro16, Brown Dog, Kobreti and 13 others like this.
  2. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been running MotoZ tires for many years on several different KTM's. I currently have Tractionator ADV's on my 950 SE. They have a couple thousand miles on them. a 50/50 mix of asphalt and Arizona trails. The rear tire looks good, but the front has cupped out. I attached a picture. Have any of you seen this in the past? I have a Tractionator Desert HT tire from one of my enduro bikes that I was thinking about using on the 950. Should the rear ADV and front desert work OK together? What pressure would you recommend for the front? I'm using Ride-On sealant, so punctures and balance shouldn't be an issue.
    20191115_172313.jpg
  3. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Ive been running the Metzler MC360 Mid-Hard. Can’t comment on the life of the rear yet, but the front is reversible. I have 1100 miles of everything, sand, clay, mud, gravel, rocks, twisty roads and high speed highway and no signs of cupping yet. Once it starts, Ill flip it. Been running 24psi. Plus it helps the SE is easy on the front tires :D
    enduro16 likes this.
  4. qwert70

qwert70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    _DSC2585.JPG
    It happened to me for the third time.
    Whodatschrome likes this.
  5. qwert70

qwert70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't a cover like my ADV be there?
  6. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    Replace it with an all plastic from BRP or anyone else (from other suppliers like TM Designworks, Acerbis, etc - look for chain guards that fit the 2002-2007 ktm 450/525 RFS series of bikes. Same bolt pattern on the swingarm)...
  7. qwert70

qwert70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And isn't that the same system?
  8. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    I never liked the original super enduro lower chain guide - I don’t like the metal that can bend and stay bent which can cause problems if you don’t notice it and I don’t like how open it is up front...allowing objects to enter it. The one I use is a TM Designworks which is all hard plastic and has taken so much abuse and continues to look and perform unscathed.
    outbacktm likes this.
  9. qwert70

qwert70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks friend..
    alongat likes this.
  10. skuikka

skuikka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A cheapo option is to use the stock inner part and get some 10mm HDPE plate to cut new outside plate. One extra hole is usefull to drill to the bottom to bind the parts together there too.
    I do alot of rocky singletrack, I had a similar one made from 8mm carbon fiber before, it kept the chains on even when all the rear weight was on the guide but it eventually wore out. This does the same but is quick and cheap to replace when too worn.
    Not saying that the ones Alon mentioned would be bad but this works too.

Attached Files:

tonyubsdell and outbacktm like this.
  11. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    that’s brilliant!!!
  12. qwert70

qwert70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't one adventure plate be enough?
  13. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    You mean the chain guard from the adventure? That’s much less of a guide / guard compared to the super enduro
  14. qwert70

qwert70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know but I've already had 2 adventure games and rode a lot and I never had a problem ..
  15. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can also dump the metal part and only use the black plastic part. Indeed the if the metal part bends it the chain will dig in the plastic part.

The older 450RFR also used the plastic part only. But I also like Skuikka solution
    [​IMG]
    enduro16 likes this.
  16. skuikka

skuikka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just plastic is better than with the aluminium cage. The problem is that it takes the first big hit well but during the rub the chain tends to eat a piece of the plastic. The second time the plastic might already be worn enough to let the chain be guided of the sprocket. The latter can be a painful to learn in a rocky climb :)
    The cool thing on the guides in most small bikes appears to be that they get also supported by the sprocket. Often there is flat surface in the sprocket where the corner of the guide can lean against when pressed sideways. Unfortunately the sprockets in the big pumpkins are cut so that there is nothing to lean against.
  17. Drwnite

Drwnite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Out with the old, in with
    I also run the Motoz TA on my SE. The rear is perfect at 25 PSI off road and 35 on road. The front, I gave up on! I have been using the TKC80 at 25 PSI off road and 32 on road. Zero complaints
    Boatman and outbacktm like this.
  18. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not a pic but a ride video.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Bonnie & Clyde and outbacktm like this.
  19. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    You guys should really try the following up front:
    1- Mitas C21; replaces the C17. Aggressive off road biased front tire that works very well even in sloppy muddy crap. Good on the road, wears evenly
    2- Mitas E13; their “rally” front tire. Not as good in deep wet or sand as the C21 but very very good road manners and last very long. Works exceedingly well on high speed gravel, rocks, etc.

For those who like the pirelli MT21 or TKC80 up front, the E13 will outperform both of them in all but the road where I believe it is equal to them for road performance.
    Drwnite and Bonnie & Clyde like this.
  20. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    While we are on tyres.
    Have to give the Mitas MC23 a plug for on the back.
    This is after 2400k's of bitumen, gravel, clay and sand. All relatively high speed.
    For a AU$135 tyre it's great value. Performes quite well to.

20191116_102637.jpg 20191121_135033.jpg 20191121_135046.jpg