I Hate Talking About Money But Let's Do That Please

Discussion in 'Americas' started by kalachakra, Jun 25, 2018.

1. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great trip and the numbers shared are fairly consistent with my rides all over North America including AK and parts of Canada. Not overthinking-flexible is excellent, but you also must be realistic as to how You travel. Know your set costs as has been mentioned and then prepare for the worst and hope for the best. An unknown failure or damage may make it's own costs override all other plans, but reasonable expectations to service, replace a tire or battery, etc., should be accounted for too. Plot Your trip with how much time and $ you will have as you can't "cheat" those variables. Riding with a friend as said can split some costs, but also has it's own compromises. I enjoy planning as much as my trips, but at a point in the research I just pick a few "must see" places and then camp, hostel, hotel as may be decided by location, weather, fatigue, etc., etc. and enjoy the people and "detours" that have been the true enjoyment every time.

Have fun for part, half way or "all the way" as each trip long or short always wets my appetite for the next one so I remember the very truthful sentiment (for me) "it's the ride and not the destination".

Cheers