I know why they call them Deathwings now

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by parannoyed, Mar 30, 2019.

1. zig06

zig06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, if anyone has a gently used free deathwing that would fit the back of my DR650 just let me know. I'd feel terrible letting you ride around on an inferior tire that could have safety concerns, I'll even promise to abuse it and treat it like any other tire that I've ever owned.

In other words, these tires are perfectly safe as long as you admit that they have design limits. On asphalt and gravel roads they're as good as any other 80/20 tire, riding in deep sand or mud without due caution is on you.
    flexfoot, sperz1 and racerb like this.
  2. sperz1

sperz1 Lame Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got one of those if ya want it.
  3. mors30001

mors30001 n00b

Oddometer:
    I just swapped out my second TW52 of the season for a D605 Not sure on the 605 but I did try to spin tire and ended up doing a 180 pivot turn on my XR650L so it seems to work. I had no issues with the Stock TW52 it woudl chug through mud upto the cases and above without issue and I love riding the rocky new engalnd single track. Nothing works well on all surfaces but they seemed pretty good for a 50 50 tire. 7000mi on TW52's this year BTW the 606 is an 80/20 tire I suspect lugs will fly off If I use them maybe the next set