I Love Volvos...I cannot lie

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by STBNE, Aug 30, 2018.

1. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
    Inspiration for this thread comes from another thread here similarly titled but about all things Station Wagons...same idea here..post your Volvos and anything else you find out there...wagons..sedans..convertables..new ..old and older..LOL...I have a few..
    I only own Volvo "Bricks" the RWD cars from the 2..7 and 9 series....the best Volvos ever produced IMO..
    First up is my 1996 Volvo 960 Wagon...I upgraded the appearance with aftermarket rims from Tire rack..Sweet car..so smooth..I bought this car for $2500 and fixed a few things including a new fuel rail and a replaced catylitic converter...Drove the car 2 yrs and sold it for $3600..I wish I had kept it in retrospect...
    [​IMG]
    Steinbergs and LadyDraco like this.
  2. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    My first Volvo, #1 of 6.
  3. Solaros1

Solaros1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 1967 122S that I paid $225 for back in 1972 - it was painted with a brush and would barely run when I got it. Paid the owner, drove about a mile or two from his house and stopped and removed the thoroughly clogged air filters.
    It easily got to 70 mph after that. I traded the Volvo and $600 for my second Land Rover to a couple who lived in NW Alabama. About a year later a couple of escaped cows removed both front fenders by standing in the middle of the road at night.
    It looked pretty good from twenty feet away but when you got closer you could see the brush marks - at least they all ran from front to back...

[​IMG]
  4. larryboy

larryboy Super old.

Oddometer:
    The old C30.

IMG_20180310_173749240_HDR.jpg IMG_20180310_173824069.jpg
    ZZ-R Rider, Kikemon, Lafitte and 6 others like this.
  5. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those are nice. It's one of the few, maybe only, retro revisit design (think Camaro, Challenger, etc.) that evokes the original (1800ES) without being a clone or being overdone. It stands on its own, I think, because many were unaware of the original and thus can capture more than one type of buyer. Guess it didn't attract too many buyers though.
    larryboy likes this.
  6. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
    My one and only FWD car..96 850 T5..fast car..great seats...sold this one as the FWD designs were more problematic and much less reliable than the Bricks..
    [​IMG]
  7. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
    from the current fleet..my '97 960 sedan..240000K miles
    [​IMG]
    Steinbergs and Chaostrophy like this.
  9. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
  10. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    plumber mike likes this.
  11. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :D:lol3 image.jpeg image.jpeg Mine. '94 940 turbo auto. 269,672 miles today, but since it's my daily driver, it'll hit 270k next week. My first Volvo. Bought at auction for the princely sum of 400 simoleans. It was ready for a timing belt, so I did that, and replaced the front seals and the two part belt cover which had deteriorated from heat and oil to the point that pieces of the back plate were falling into the belt well, and tightened up the leaking sensor in the radiator, which stopped the coolant leak, and repinned the wastegate pivot pin so the wastegate actuator would stay on...
    The drivers door outer latch broke a couple weeks ago, but IPD supplied one for $20 that looks original. Overall I still don't have a grand in it, including the Bluetooth stereo and new speakers, although that may change since I'm eyeing a powered subwoofer. It rides well, not American station wagon wallow, a tight enough suspension if you don't mind a little roll. :lol3
    I drove it 550 miles last weekend, eleven hours total with stop and go traffic both ways. The seats are great. The brakes are not great, but they're what was on the car when I bought it. I think they were a little glazed when I got it, they've gotten better, but I'm seeing a good bit of black dust on the front wheels, so even though the pads have plenty of meat, a change may be in order. LED back up lights made a big difference, so did Siverstars. Other than that, and lusting after a 0.6 bar wastegate actuator, I'm very happy with it. As a bonus, cops don't see me in it.:clap
    Steinbergs and STBNE like this.
  12. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's a V70 wagon coming up for auction Saturday, stay tuned.:deal
  13. jkam

jkam Nomadic Man

Oddometer:
    C303.
    [​IMG]
  14. MrBob

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Volvo #2. Purchased for not much as seller said rod knocking. Turned out to be 7.00 spring.
    Lovely to drive, with 4spd OD.
  15. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
    Bitchin'
  16. Blakebird

Blakebird r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer:
    we had a white one when I was growing up.
  17. MrBob

Oddometer:
    Your parents must have been pretty hip.
  18. MrBob

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Volvo #3. Indestructible car, but vulnerable to rust. Drove it from Minnesota to the coast of Maine, and back, with a knocking rod.
  19. JRMAL

JRMAL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool car!
    is that the original African Twin on the right/
  20. STBNE

STBNE el Bendito

Oddometer:
    Last of the current fleet...97 S90...This one with 90K original miles...I replaced the OEM wheels with 1997 Volvo 850 turbo wheels..this is my sweetest car..Volvo for life...:deal :beer
    [​IMG]
    Steinbergs likes this.