I miss you already...

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by 5 speed, May 30, 2019.

1. 5 speed

5 speed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortuately I made the decision to sell my 05 950. You have seen it for sale in the sale forum. I had it for 10 years and it was a faithful companion. But in the florida heat, dryrot was starting to claim the rubber and the heat was not kind to the carbs unless it was ridden every week regardless of fuel stabilizer.
    I miss her and will miss you all and all the help I received over the years. I purchased a VFR1200X 2016 and clearly will not be able to work on this mass of electronics, sensors and stuff under the bodywork (holy cow). Sometimes progress is not always a good thing

Goodbye fellas and peace!

Attached Files:

Sumi, mountaincadre and nevgriff64 like this.
  2. tmh

tmh It's A Wonderful Day For Pie

Oddometer:
    I understand your feelings!

After I sold my faithful 2005.5 plenty of other different dual sports kept me occupied for a long time. But my nine-fiddy was always at the back of my mind.

But in the end all is well. I just purchased a 2010 990 earlier this month:clap Currently doing all the stuff on it the PO should have done, and making the bike "mine".

After just a 10 minute test ride I instantly remembered why I had loved my 950 so much, and since this 990 was priced so well I knew I was going to buy it on the spot.

Sure glad to be back in the fold, even though it took 9 years since the 950 sale. There is really nothing else like the KTM adventures.

You'll be back...
  3. 5 speed

5 speed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha! You never know. And if so I lust after a 990 Baja!