i rode to test luggage real quick sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tulalabuilt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    last year i got banged up pretty bad ridin my bycicle , and just because of pure boredom i was surfing the net and found a DR big 800S , went to look at it , couldnt really ride yet , wanst suppose to anyway , but i bought the bike for 1300 euro , and rode it home . than i rode around town for a day or two and had to leave to usa for work and left the bike parked in the garage till july this year .
    dollar99 and N8 like this.
  2. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    back in here for summer , i knew i wanted to go somewhere on it , wasnt sure where , so i tried to start the bike after sitting , wouldnt start , had to take the carbs apart and clean them , the float valves are shot , but works for now , screw it , it runs amma go for a cruise . did couple regional loops nothing fancy , some dirt . realized few thinks . the bike is heavy turd , suspension sucks , its out dated but fun , for whatever reason .
    N8 likes this.
  3. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    so i go to buy cheap tent , i have a 30 years old sleeping bag , travel bag , and wolfman e12s that u se on my beta . so i load thinks up , strap em down using bungee straps we had and it sits in the garage . its sunday . i am eating lunch with my pop and he is talking about wanting to go to croatia for vacy , and i joked about going there on the bike , we had coffee and i said i wanna go test the luggage where should i go , he said go towards Sturovo , the are some hills , its like a half a day trip you ll be back for dinner . i filled up at the end of the town and went . in that particular direction and zig zag across the fields and farm roads and eventually made it there relatively quick , so now i am in hungary . nice little town , like a tourist destination , bunch of food stands and restaurants etc . 20190721_150715.jpg
    N8 and Suncoaster like this.
  4. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    so i am standing there , and i looked the hungaria tet , and it doesnt look that far , sun is still up , i have tent , bed , some stuff with me , screw it and downloaded the tracks and started heading that way . of course , got lost made some turns wrong way , did matter to me , i come to some nice twisty roads right of the bet , it was fun , bud dead end into some resort or whatever . kinda hungry . stopped to eat some real quick .
    no idea what was on menu . all hungarian . they need photos on them thinks
    N8 likes this.
  5. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    so i kept on keeping on finaly what looks like one left turn to tet , yeah ok , made the left and headed towards the red line on my phone but got totally lost in a labyrint of gardens , there must have been million gardens in there all fenced in and some had little sheds , some had bigger cabins , some where nice some not so bad , but the streets went every direction possible , dead end , u turn another dead end , oooo ok this goes somewhere , nope gate , this one ends in a flied , damn it ok , now i am back on paved somewhere and i go , and yaaay there it is i am on tet .
    N8 likes this.
  6. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    cross a small airport runway , sign says watch for airplane , like a picture of airplane , thru some farmers back yard and up a hill . into a field of sunflowers 20190721_175036.jpg
    N8, Cuttle, td63 and 4 others like this.
  7. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    so i follow the fields left and right and right and left , and bam here comes a quick rain . i am like damn you , go away , stop raining on my parade , it listened , and rained for about 5 minutes and went away . but the trail is bad news . tires filled up with mud , cant go , first gear , landing gear down , and i go . no way i wanna keep continue , google , nearest town , pavement i go
    67058962_460365844802138_6878327181798277120_n (1).jpg 64988136_712474779187529_3035567526286196736_n.jpg
  8. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    so i am like waaaay below budapest , i go to gas station get gas , sipping on coffee , and dont really feel like going back home just yet , i now made a decision to make this one an overnighter . serbia . i never been to serbia , ok lets just go down to serbia , spent a night and ride back . plan . and down south i roll . hit the border just before sun went down . took and hour to cross . terrible . so now i am in serbia . 67618412_610035896069664_8445351394222800896_n.jpg now what . lets go find a camp . google search . refugee camp near by , 6 km , oh hell no . lets try booking . bingo . 1 bedroom apartment , 25 km down the road , 13 euro for the night , oh hell yeah lets go . i confirm , and put traveling on motorcycle in the notes . rollin . need to get gas , i just hit another reserve . gettin gas , i get the email , the owner of the apartment replies to my notes . there would be no additional charge , for arriving on motorcycle . i am like ok weirdo , laughing . i get to the town , find the place pull in , there is two bmws with austrian plates in there , its like midnite , the guy is waiting for me, dobrodosli , introduces me to the apartment and goes to bed . cool . i am in . sleep .
    edgeoftheworld, N8 and Suncoaster like this.
  9. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    the grass is for cleaning your boots, maybe try it on the tires, but dont want to take any fun away.
    great report
    tulalabuilt and enduro0125 like this.
  10. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i get up , make coffee , whats the plan . wife calls . pop found last minute croatia vacation and they need me home asap to pack and go . hmmm. i am like , uhm , ok well , serbia has tet , and runs south , so why dont u go there and meet u there . ok that works , lets ride . pack up n go .
    N8 likes this.
  11. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    farm fields and tractors .

i go in general direction east , left and right , fields and small towns , old cars , goats , 10 feet tall corn , hay , more tractors , more old cars . not too bad nice back country riding , no traffic whatsoever , fun . one more left i am on tet . it runs along the river on top of levy , below it , farm fields in between , fun , fast , miles are adding up 20190722_124240.jpg . come up to town , loop around town , pull some local money out of atm , made few wrong turns , came up on some make shift beach locals sun tanning , bridges are old 20190722_111555.jpg , trucks are old , and i am into that kind of think . nivas everywhere . i love nivas . even the cops drive nivas , tho it took me a while to figure out which cars are cops , cause it doesnt say police policia polizei or none of that , it says something azbuka . along river , i pass by abandoned factories , abandoned crude oil terminals and so on , and i am thinking wow , this must have been some good going industrial economy some times ago .

random world war two memorials .
    20190722_123431.jpg

than its splits off to the left , you no longer by the river . the road apears to be paved , well , whatever is left of it , and it goes straight as far as you can see . the pot holes are giant , i have to go slow , the pavement narrows to one or two feet in the middle . i catch up to a farm tractor with a wagon loaded with hay bales sky high . there is 3 or 4 guys sitting on the very top and as they crawl across the potholes the top swings left to right , feels like its gonna tip over at any time . i wawe , they wave back . that would have been one photo . that i didnt take . cause i made a right and i go .
    N8 and enduro0125 like this.
  12. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    the sun is beaming on my phone , it cant be seen its too bright out side , so just randomly go , towards south , kinda , for a while . come to an intersection , they sell produce on both sides , on all 4 corners . old TAM trucks . i am amazed . sign says belgrade . never been to belgrade so i go .
    N8 likes this.
  13. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    20190722_151433.jpg get to town i am riding around no particular direction , star wars like looking building pretty cool 20190722_143604.jpg , looks old , but not that old . seems that there has been an economic boom , that didnt last , folled by another boom or who knows , many buldings arent finished , are overgrowns with tall trees , and some are brand new righ next to some super modern in between very old . some unfinished , what appeared to be unfinished light commercial / shopping , are being knocked down to build something else or who knows . like someone tried to build something , something happened , never finished it , than it sat for 20 years and someone is knocking it down . weird .
    now i am in center town . hungry . street food , hell yeah 20190722_151211.jpg . trams are passing by up front . some are super modern , some are super old . 20190722_151137.jpg
    N8 and Suncoaster like this.
  14. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    one last photo in front of the train station and i am out . 20190722_151433.jpg some windowns are knocked out . but that normal i am used to it from slovakia . i go in no particular direction , i get lost , go up hill down hill , left and right just cruising . oh wow look at these nice houses , must be rich neighborhood , there is israleli embasy , and here it is american one , damn it i am just trying to get out of town lol
    N8 likes this.
  15. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am working my way up and come up the hill and its like steep hills and look to the left and wow there is the whole town , thats cool , looped around the block few times , ended up in few backyards trying to find a photo spot , nope , lets go , oh what it this . some tall tower on top of a hill , maybe televison didnt know at that time , but it was south so i headed that direction
    20190722_155754.jpg
    N8 likes this.
  16. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    ride over few little towns , here comes and intersection completely cluster effed busses , everywhere , i am like wah , to the left there was rad i could squeeze in without waitin so i took it , i am climbig up the mountain , and quickly realized that i am heading for the tower , cool . got up there , and it was modern , observation deck , i stop , free wifi didnt work so took photo and left . 20190722_161336.jpg
    N8 and enduro0125 like this.
  17. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i kinda wanna head back towards tet now . so i tried to navigate , somewhat , i get carried away by other thinks too much and cant be paying attention to the phone at all time as i want to enjoy scenery . i get stung be a been . shit . so go from town to town left and right , i stopped to get gas . sitting at the gas stop , coffee , looking in my phone , i am on tet . wah . cool . older fella sits next tome has questions so i try telling him , he likes the story he wants me to buy me a beer , i refuse , i say i have to go , he say i can have few beers and go later . i thank him i get in saddle and i go . very pleasant people everywhere .
    N8 likes this.
  18. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    super cool twisties up n down , traffic piles up behind a truck , but on the bike you pass everyone quick and you ride all by youreself till the next batch , and you pass those and so on . than tet splits onto a small dirt road that turns into small paved road , i come down hill , my rear brake faded again , so i am rolling slow and come around the corner and i look up and there it was , holywood , actually the H is replaced with R , i cant stop laughing 20190722_185252.jpg 20190722_184949.jpg
    N8 and Richard S Pelkowski like this.
  19. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am no longer on flat ground and tis strating to get interesting . left right left right , all back roads , fun . So i am just cruising , far off the track somewhere but dont care cause the riding is good , sun trying to go down on me , i should put a tent up , no i got a bit more , hay wagons getting off the mountains , one tractor after another , another valley , another ridge i am rolling left right up down . i should put a tent up . nope keep rolling . 20190722_193037.jpg 20190722_200243.jpg 20190722_192432.jpg
  20. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    rolled into a little crossroads town one street , seems that all them haywagons i ve been seeing are having a meeting down in a bar . tractors everywhere . next from the bar is a store . its late , but they are sitting up front and the store is ground floor of their house so why close the store , they home , so if anyone needs anything they there so , i walk in get some stuff and i go . paved roads now , but switch backs , forst gear , second , third , thats it , steep up steep down . made a left turn on a bigger road , and i cruise , curious to see what the next town looks like . i cant see very well at night , and my visor is dirty , so i cruise slow . tractor trailers are passing me . what a goofball . i needed gas again . while stopped , looked up a camp , 18 km away , score .
    N8 likes this.