i rode to test luggage real quick sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tulalabuilt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    looking at the map , i can across some back road to get to main road that will take me back to tet .
    N8 likes this.
  2. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    doing a loop around tata national park , doesnt look far on the map , not far at all , i am trying to post a pin see how far it is it , and figure out which way and wah , screw it lets just go . spectacular adv riding , rocky , and i am riding slow cause i dont wanna break the bike , i am making terrible time , dont care . my rear brake keeps fading away . i met some other adv people today . so finally on the loop around the park , 4wd road , bumpy , but fun , i am rolling easy , come around a turn , tractor trailer logging truck , waaaaah . lol , tiny ass steep 4wd road , hes out there with loaded fh12 volvo . these guys have large huevos . the road , keeps turning from dirt to loose rock to pavement to looose rock , there are some tourists here and there . in the middle there is lake with some boats , there is no beach , there are rock walls on both sides and they are using crane to lwer the boats in . there is a solar panel farm on top of the levy . as i am climbing up from the lake , i am thinking about the level of natural preservation in this "park" earlier on i passed a excavator crawling down the mountain road . i just passed it again digging in a random side for dirt , or whatever . loading an old benz truck . i love that kinda stuff . i completed the loop made a right a kept on rolling towards bosnia
    20190723_124850.jpg 20190723_130109.jpg 20190723_133104.jpg 20190723_105543.jpg
    N8 and td63 like this.
  3. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    border crossing .

the border patrol is walking between cars collecting money . what for , ok , there is like 4 cars in front of me , they all pay he raises the ramp and they go . they all get scrutinized . i roll right thru .
    N8 likes this.
  4. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    the bosnian border consist of dirt parking lot , cargo container make shift office in the middle of the road . i pull up hand pasport . guy looks at me and says : green card ! i am laughing . i had him green card ( insurance card for international travel in eu ) he said have a pleasant stay . the road opens up to a super cool twisty road in a canyon , kinda reminded me of the million dollar highway in colorado . except it was very tiny . there was what looked like a restaurant on left so i pulled in , there was noone there , old benz up front , i walk in asked if they had food they said sure , no idea what they had so i todl the lady to get me something to eat and something to drink . she brings some thick meat stew and beer . i said waaa i cant drink , i ride motorcycle , she says nooo, you in bosnia now , you can have one or two or 5 . no problem . i laughed . food was good , beer was better .
    20190723_150816.jpg
  5. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    :clap

Been waiting for this one!
  6. N8

N8 I prefer my pumpkin with a blue & white mask. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yabbut you missed quarry run!
    enduro0125 likes this.
  7. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    bosna i hercegovina . BIH . beautliful country , nasty war . rolling thru towns come to a town on a river , more old cars , seems that majority of all vehicles are vw golf 2nd gen . all colors , seems like they bought all golfs from all of western eu . and cops . everywhere . but they dont seem to bother me , they look the other way when i come up , they randonly harass locals for whatheevr reason . i made a left across the river cause them river roads are ussually fun . and man , i scored . nice little historic bridge . 20190723_154357.jpg twisties all day , tunel , scenic , tunel scenic . tunnels , weird spooky and old , and dark . cant wear sunglases cause i roll in and cant see jack , but i am loving it enter tunnel slow , drop two , ta ta ta ta ta ta ..... ta ta ta ta ta , yeah thats an 800 c c single ta ta ta ta ta . 20190723_155613.jpg . the valley is breath taking . come up to ramp down and i ve seen cars down there from flying by , i am thinking thats gotta be the nicest swiming hole around , i made a u and rode down . shit . no good . these people arent that much into tree hugging . there is random landfill at whatever field , whateever valley , some are permanently burning . they throw trash everywhere cause they dont care , well 20 some years ago they were killing each other in the streets and its till shows . 20190723_155102.jpg
    rain washes it all down into rivers and beyond . polution is very real . on the other hand , they dont have tree huggers telling you what you can ride and what you cant , which is good .
    N8 likes this.
  8. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i stopped to download the tet bih at the gas station , says to follow the river pretty much for a while and than sharp right onto dirt road in like idk , way out there so i just cruise . stopped in foca for fuel again , nice little town somewhat modern , however , old cars , some missing bumpers , some had license plates some didnt , i knew i was in a wild . nice people tho , had a redbull and ice tea at the station and watched the locals drive around on total beaters with no plates and found it very entertaining . noone was really speeding or anything , people appeared to be civil and somewhat obeying traffic signs and stuff . gilrs in bikinis were walking down to the river to bath and sun tan . this old dude came to gas station to buy beer , but didnt buy fuel , when he took off i kne why right away , he was running on vegetable oil . 20190723_172204.jpg
    N8 likes this.
  9. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh and the only one to tell you where you shouldnt be riding is wikipedia . they tell you to avoid offrad riding becasue of land mine polution , apperently one the worst on planet earth , but i havent seen any . there is no shortage of bullet holes in every town tho . i dont wanna make a sensation about it so i will leave that right there .
    20190723_163728.jpg
    N8 and enduro0125 like this.
  10. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    them roads following the river are very scenic . beautifull road riding . as far as traffic , it goes like this , you come up to a line of cars that are unable to pass a truck , so u pass them and u riding all by yourself till the next batch , and than u pass those , and u riding alone again and so on . them trucks go slow up hill and even slower down hill , and there is no flat ground or straight road anywhere . people go riding to tail of dragon cause its like whatever how many miles of turns . i feel like the entire bosnia is tail of dragon . and they drive loaded semis all over , my hat is to those guys .
    N8 likes this.
  11. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    20190723_161607.jpg 20190723_160122.jpg 20190723_180527.jpg 20190723_180531.jpg 20190723_180425.jpg
    N8 likes this.
  12. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    finnaly found that sharp right , and man , i am in amazement . it climbers way up into the mountain , zig zags up a steep cliff , u pass some houses , and it doesnt really look like its going anywhere at times , but what a spectacular mountain road . breath taking views , and its rough at times , loose rock , but i cant stop looking around , i am just like first gear standing on pegs and looking around , i love these mountains . sometimes you need look whats behind you .... 20190723_181215.jpg 20190723_182022.jpg 20190723_184835.jpg
    Nicknewb, Richard S Pelkowski and N8 like this.
  13. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    the road keeps going up n down and left and right , there is couple of intersections and than you realize that there are actually tiny settlements here and there and people live in them mountains . the road i took heads towards a mountain pass , and its yellow on google maps , and has a number , you would think its paved nope . 20190723_184841.jpg i am climbing up the pass , sheepherders under the tent , they have bunch of sheeps , like couple of hundred of them , just like those mountain people i ve seen in colorado , same scenario , almost makes me think those colorado sheepherders maybe from bosna or vice versa .... i turn the motor off to let them all across , i wave , they appreciate it and wave back . good to go , come around turn , steep up hill mountain road , loose rock , baby head rocks , fist size rocks , wash outs , good offroad . bam . truck coming down . wow . 20190723_185326.jpg
    and now its all down hill , for the next 30 - 40 kilometers .... 20190723_185545.jpg
    N8, enduro0125 and Suncoaster like this.
  14. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i almost wanna stay here with them sheepherders . 20190723_190821.jpg
    Mikezx18 and N8 like this.
  15. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    dem roads just keep comming up , i finally appeared in town , sort of . some very primitive buildings some nice house , as i am plugging along down the street there was a girl milking cow in front , old junk cars in every yard , old benz and old vw . most cars dont have license plates , roads are missing pavement here and there . i stop . google navigate to mostar . lets go , i am now looking for pavement . tough luck (fortunately ) left left and straight , i am back in dirt roads across peoples farms and backyards . literally . came out in old factory or something like that . all abandoned . no windows . cows are inside the buildings . funny . one more left i am on nice paved road . lexus rx passes by . california licesne plates . what ? i am now on nice road , going thru town , bus stop , convenience store , movie theater ... sweet , come to the other side of town nice twisty roads for miles .... 20190723_201321.jpg road block , cows , must have been 100 of them walking down the road , next settlement , not much of town , few old trucks on side of the road missing parts , wheels , overgrown with weeds . stopped to take a photo of one of them . there is an elderly woman sitting on front bumper smoking a cigarette . i keep going , wooden sketchy bridge and pavement ends 20190723_200737.jpg ... few lefts and rights and i caught up to an old benz semi loaded with logs , wow , dude is rolling like hes on highway , the truck is loaded high and super heavy and hes pluggin right along . as he is going over the potholes the tops swings dangerously left and right ... kinda like that hay wagon in serbia , but this is next level shit ... that road goes for miles and miles and miles and miles , i must have followed it for at least 2 - 3 hours 20190723_203046.jpg

it loops around a mountain , there is cliff right on the edge , 300 foot drop , and you can hear the water rumbling down in the creek below . this is what i came here to see . road goes down , another settlement , a passenger cars passes by , a sprinter van after , they all hauling ass , there is some pavement here and there , no other road goes anywhere , no intersections nothing , these people are literally living in the middle of nowhere . climbing another mountain , a plateau , went on for miles , spectacular , and high speed for a change , there may have been some turns for the most part was unmanned land , it starting to get dark , 60 more kilometers , i can see some lights , i am almost certain that the village is on the bottom of the valley , i get to it , another car comes by , old benz , i can see the people in it cause my light beamed right in , some lights a little settlement at most , wow , it keeps going stop sign . pavement . wow . semi goes by , sweet . right turn , one more town , there is fair , all streets are busted , looks like they are rebuilding the entire town . i keep rolling , steep ass switch back , scraping pegs , its getting late , now i finally started going down and i feel the heat , i must be getting close to shore ... mostar ! you can see the old town lid up from miles away , nice , its dark , and i should be somewhere at a hotel or camp chilling but , this view is worth it . main street late street food . half a chicken , bread , fanta . full . i am hungry for more riding . okay , we gonna hit the beach tonite . heading south , locals on street bikes are zooming by , i am trying to keep up , border . bam . croatia . sweet . time to settle for the night . right at the beach town , my people are waiting for me , i am rolling in at 2 am . that was a good day ridin .
  16. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    jdunay and N8 like this.
  17. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    makarska riviera and all them little beach towns around it are pretty cool , at first , i was like wah what is there do in here ? i am so used to beach town metropolis , ocean city , jersey shore , and all that , now i am in a little town like whats out here ? oh man . everything is packed down to tiny sidewalk on the beach , but they have it all the intere , food is mmmm yum , coffee , even a supermarket is down there , a tiny one , but they have everything , bakery with fresh goods is out there every 50 yards , i am loving it . 20190726_141545[1].jpg so i converted the DR a beach model , and for the next couple days , it would ride down to the beach , hang out , than evening / night trips someplace . awesomeness . the apartment is on top of the hill , them streets are narrow , old ass little town , some streets are marked dead end , but you get thru on a motorcycle , they dont end they just get really narrow , locals ride scooters right thru . i dont need engine to get down , just roll . going back up , that 800 cc single , in between the buildings luggin 1st gear , it echoes between the rock and mortar walls , everyone knows its me coming up , intake compression ignition exhaust ta ta ta ta ta , there are other thumpers in town as well , guy that owns little cafe down at the beach has an XT660 , and guy up the street has LC4 . the beach we go right down the sidewalk , all locals do it , noone cares . whe you leaving by dinner time you are riding thru crowds of people and noone is yelling at you , noone acts loco , try riding down a board walk in wildwood like that see what happens . likely nothing good lol .
    Suncoaster likes this.
  18. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    night trips are the best , all them little beach towns have that one street by the beach where the life is , some are hotel towns , some are camping towns and some are private apartment towns , they all have restaurants and bars , and i would spent the next few days checking them all out . makarska has boats and its center of it all , with some traffic , so did a late eve trip , and u you would split lanes and zoom around cars along with another bikes mostly scooters , this is fun , ta ta ta ta , guy passed me on KLE500 , i follow him just becasue on the right in between cars to the left and back to the right , flip flops and beach towel packed , get down to main strip , 20190725_214254[1].jpg park anywhere , get pizza , cocktail or two zoom out , to the next one . me kinda vacy . and its warm , but not hot
    20190725_214901.jpg 20190725_215548.jpg
    Suncoaster likes this.
  19. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    found another faw cocktail spot , outside of main strip zone , they have a shack on top of a rock , they threw a lightbulb down into water , and light up the sea blu , kinda cool , u can park ur bike right up front .
    there is a road that leads up an old church , that turns into dirt road that follows the mountain for couple of miles . killer sunset spot .
    20190725_203120.jpg
    Suncoaster likes this.
  20. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    dubrovnik . old town . car parking 35 euro . motorcycle parking , free .
    20190729_170732.jpg 20190729_164402.jpg 20190729_163755.jpg
    enduro0125 and Suncoaster like this.