i rode to test luggage real quick sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tulalabuilt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    the road used to be little tiny 10 foot wide track , but has been washed out , and fixed with buldozer , and widen , so it looks like a wide construction access road with a 10 foot wide patch of asphalt here and there , climbs up the mountain , tiny little villages , with recreational cabins here and there , a labyrint of dirth pats you get lost in and end up riding around in circles for a bit . randomly parked excavator . the road seems to be maintained somewhat , this one looks like was recently buldozed 20190801_113348[1].jpg
  2. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoying your ride report very much. Great photos.
    enduro0125 likes this.
  3. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    few more curves and you out of threes . loose rock , size of a golfball , i lost front end in one curve , close call , but was able to save it . i am not going fast at all , first second gear , sometimes third . 20190801_114142[1].jpg
    the mountain pass creates wow effect coming down it was sketchy the first few turns 20190801_115740[1].jpg i am 100% certain i wouldnt be able to make it the pass with bike loading up like that , thats a small dirtbike material , the rock mountain is breath taking , there looks like some holes in the ground , maybe some sort of mining , cant tell , and it being a bear country , i am checking it out either . i feel like i am about to get into mordor . and they eye is watching . its gods country up here . i stopped , and sat down , and enjoyed the scenery and mountain quiet . the rocks and wind . i am in heaven . i spent a good amount of time here just sitting and enjoying the view . 20190801_120603[1].jpg
  4. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    my bike runs real bad . its loading up . but it starts and goes . on the bottom of the pass there is settlement , some houses , fenced , and even a old benz truck , and a girl chasing sheeps , vw passat , what , how did they ? wah . it has a tiny looks like man made lake on the bottom, there some cows down there , cliff and thick woods , where is the road going ? is this the dead end , it doesnt look like much traveled this way , more of driveway , it must continue but the lake , so i drop down there , and dead end . i look up , steeeeeeeeeeep ass mountain on three sides , there is no way the road goes up any of it . but i show track on gps . i gotta find it . going up from that lake , i knew i am in trouble , i was at 2000 - 2200 give it take and the bike really runs like crap , i have to turn the gas off , let it almost run out of gas than it somewhat for a bit than turn gas on and hope for the best , i did not make it up that switch back from the lake . try again , now dakar style 1st wfo justgonna send it ok i am up , that poor little think . i dont want to break it .
  5. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    grassy two track , heads towards the steep mountain , the road must be there , it cant be anywhere else . and there it was , steep switch back straight up a rock wall , first gear , full trottle . wow . how did that vw passat get here . no idea . but if he came down this , must have been an adventure . there is no other road . he must have come down this . i am now on top of everything , well almost . there is another settlement in there , looks like people actually live here . that one building looks like school , like 15 cabins and a school . wow . or maybe its something else . big house , i dont know , but its abandoned . maybe its a farm house . or was . 20190801_125421[1].jpg
    enduro0125 likes this.
  6. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    there is van in there , couple of cars , there is another older passat on the side of the road , just below me , there is 4 young man and older guy , like their dad , and they have white buckets and some tools and digging in the dirt by hand , i have no clue what they looking for , kinda looked like they looking for gold , they way they were swinging the plates . i have no idea . i am zooming down on the track as to which way i gotta go , and it looks like i am starting to go down , i look up and wah , a machine gun bunker , i rode up there to check it out . it had the best 360 view of the area , i t was open , but full of water. i have a 360 photo but it wont load up here . 20190801_125142[1].jpg
    enduro0125 likes this.
  7. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    going down is a 4wd road , down the mountain , it has couple of creek crossings , there is garbage here and there randomly dumped , one of the creek crossings has a full size truck fuel tank in it all mangled up . i have no idea how they get up there with them cars , this is the only road to get in and out . switchbacks up switch backs down , its nice adv riding here . all of a sudden i come to a bulldozer pushing dirt . i stopped quickly , and pulled to the side , the opeartor backed up , pushed the dirt to the side turned the motor off and waved me by , as i am coming by he waves me to stop , he asks me how the road was : using hands gestures pretending he is holding handlebars and twisting trottle while asking good good good , i said perfect , he says are you enjoying , i said yeah , he says good , and fires up the motor , i hit the start button and go . and i am thinking like wow , these people really dont mind us being here . 20190801_132033[1].jpg

couple more ups and downs and i come to crossroads , right there up in front of me is mountain i can see the switchback going up , wonder where that goes , cause my track goes down . 20190801_133938[1].jpg
  8. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    lots of logging going down , piles of wood , and i am starting to see trucks , the road starting to level up , smashed car on the right , a bit of pavement , back to dirt , to a small village i make a right and it looks like i am on main road . than suddenly mad traffic , cement trucks , dump trucks , the kind i ve never seen before , i am like what is this , road signs , in chinese , where in the world am i ? i am in montenegro , what are these people , what the hell ...

a construction site like i ve never seen before , huge camp , portable housing units , a field of it . sign says , china bridge tunnel and heavy construction company . chinese dump trucks , chinese cement trucks , chinese cranes , chinese people driving them , they are building highway , thru the mountains , 100 kms of at the time . tunnel to bridge tunnel to bridge , massive amounts of people and equipment , like ants they are everywhere . i made a decision to take the carburators apart . i found a store , food stand and small guest house at cross roads . here is the plan , amma eat , get me drink and take the bike apart . if something goes bad i can sleep at the guest house . lets do it . construction supply trucks are stopping by the store to buy soda and snack . excavators , i beams , you name it .maybe if i cant fix it they can load me up and take someplace where i can get parts or whatever . i am at the right spot . 20190801_154737[1].jpg i have cevapy for lunch . 20190801_152756[1].jpg i took the carbs apart , the needle valves are dirty , there is some green gunk on them , but i dont think thats the problem , i found a piece of o ring in the left bowl , the float assembly is held in there and its suppose to seal the gas from getting in there i think the oring is worn and its leaking past it , and when you go slow its loading up .
  9. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    knowing its gonna run but its gonna be the same , i put it back together . i now know i cant ride any dirt unless i do something with them carbs . i am also out for almost 2 weeks now , so i decided to head north on pavement . i stopped at a gas station once on main road , there is tenere parked on the side . i asked the attendant whos bike it was , he said it was his . i tried explain to him my problem and asked him if there is any moto shops near by . he said there is 6 dr650s in the area and he said the only shop he knows is in this town about 50 km up this road . the bike runs ok when you go fast . but not too fast . so i go fast , but no too fast . i am still having fun and i am almost ready to ditch the idea of going to the shop . i ride 50km , zoom right thu the town where the mechanic suppose to be like eh , lets just keep rollin , that i hit reserve . in 50km . no good . i have to fix it cause it eats more gas that a small block chevy right now .
    thanosgp and enduro0125 like this.
  10. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    i tried googling the moto shop , no luck , i ride thru town , no luck finding it . there is a body shop , they open , and sitting up front drinking beer . i stopped and asked if they know any moto shops . they want to know what i need , where i am from , where i am going but in a friendly kinda way . one of the guys suggested i should have been riding a bmw . i laugh . they called someone and told me to wait . few mins later guy pulls in , old gen1 jetta , diesel , guy , short pants flip flops , hands dirty from wrenching . he asks what the problem is , i try explaining , he says follow me . okay cool , game on .
  11. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    so now i am at the guys house , we are taking the bike apart , he is a mechanic , but like not official fancy mechanic , but like a garage in the guys house mechanic . its already getting dark . i am helping him take the bike apart , he offers wifi , you need internet ha , you need wifi , i say yeah cool , 5 mins later , you hungry , you want food , i said not really , he said no man , you have to eat , i said fine , he walks outside the garage , yells something at his wife and 5 minutes later car pulls in with a bag food , and bag of cold beer . so now we eat , talk motorcycles , and drink beer . i told him listen , its like 9 already , we dont have to fix it today , he said noooo , we fix today . and said cool . so he working the carbs while i am sipping on pivo . They good people . they must be good people . 20190801_201535[1].jpg
  12. TropicalDale

TropicalDale The Adventures of Peter Pan

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  13. micahbf

micahbf Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Loving this ride report!

Roamed around the Balkans in an old Lada a few years back and this is really making me want to return on a moto.
    tulalabuilt likes this.
  14. tulalabuilt

tulalabuilt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still gotta finish it, stay tuned
    micahbf, Nicknewb and enduro0125 like this.
  15. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    Will do!
    enduro0125 likes this.