I Seen Ya Bro!

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by motu, Jan 25, 2015.

1. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Nice! Looks like Phil & Dawn's bad ass bumblebee lurking in the lineup there too.
    Phreaky Phil likes this.
  2. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Snap. Whanga was quite busy. Good to see the motorcyle fraternity supporting local buisnesses. image.jpg
    steam powered, Hunia, EVLED and 3 others like this.
  3. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    Two thumbs up to the 4 ADV riders goin through the Dry Weather Rd today.
    In the past , some of the clowns we've encountered on this road make us embarrased to admit to being riders too,
    but these guys showed the greatest respect to other road users.
    Well done
    steam powered and EVLED like this.
  4. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    hands up the legend on the white beemer between stratford and whanga late morning today.

i could lay on a bunch of excuses about skinny 50/50 tyres, you knowing the road etc but it was clear you managed the gap between us at will. mostly you kept it tidy, so kudos.

i have a new respect for boxer twins on road tyres. i wasn't going to outride myself, but by christ this thing could shift.
    eri and Dave Young like this.
  5. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I had the same thing happen on that road a few years ago - a mono R80 against my same year R65. He played with me for awhile, then put the hammer down and disappeared...he was waiting for me at the top of the Strathmore Saddle. He was a local, had the same hp but more torque...I'd been on the road 8 hours, and had stopped at the pub for a beer. But still, no excuses, he showed me what the bike could do, bloody impressive.
    eri and wairau like this.
  6. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    Cant speak to whether he was local (I thought I'd be in for a conversation at the pub, but he never showed) but old mate did stop at the top of that saddle for me too...
  7. Dave Young

Dave Young Lost in the forest

Oddometer:
    Yeah, my bad. Sorry for not stopping to share a yarn or two at the Whanga Hotel.
    MrKiwi likes this.
  8. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    Whatcha riding?
  9. Dave Young

Dave Young Lost in the forest

Oddometer:
    White 2018 R1200GS. I had photography gear in the panniers and was heading through Taumarunui to go and photograph the central mountains in all their snowy glory.
    eri and MrKiwi like this.
  10. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    Well, that explains a few things :lol3 It could hitch its skirt up out of corners I'll give it that. I thought I was following something early 2000's vintage.
    MrKiwi likes this.
  11. Manakau.KTM

Manakau.KTM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stephen and Steve heading south into Otaki late arvo. I was incognito in a truck heading home after a job. Ride report and photos you guys?
    MrKiwi likes this.
  12. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup. Won't be tonight though. BMWOR run. You must have spotted us coming south before the roundabout, because we split there (Gus needed gas).

[​IMG]
  13. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Went for a ride today - first time I've been on the bike (apart from a short 40km spin in Level 3) in 6 months, longest off a bike since I was 16. I'm about to get it out for the daily ride to work grind, and thought I'd better hone some lapsed skills with a Kaiaua Loop GP. I do it from the south, anticlock, so the JAFA's are all going the other way.

A few bikes out, mostly single riders on cruisers, rode alongside a couple of dirt bikes on Ferndale Rd, they were riding tracks in the now cleared sections of Maramarua Forest. Made one oops - coming into a left hander I flipped down my sun shade...should've been braking harder with both hands on the bars, came in a tad too fast...big bump, touched a peg, good visability right through to the next corner, so ran it wide over the centre line. And then who comes around the corner but a fucking motorcycle !! Caught. Lucky KillboyNZ wasn't there to get a shot of that.

Saw a group of cruisers at Kawakawa Bay, and a bigger bunch at Hunua...they went past at my piss stop on Lyons Rd. On Rotongaro Rd a group of ADV bikes went past the other way - I Seen Ya Bro ! The combined value of the Harleys would be more than the ADV bikes, but if we added in the value of the gear and equipment of the ADV riders I think the scales might tip in their favour.

My other piss stop, never any bikes here, they are all at Kaiaua getting fish & chips, so perfect for grumpy old men.

IMG_20201004_111945.jpg

Gremlin bells - where are your's ?

IMG_20201004_122103.jpg

No chicken strips on the front 90/90, and over 10 mm on the rear. That's why I don't like the 90/90, by the time I have 5mm on the rear, the front is off the edge and pushing.
    young1 and Muzz67 like this.
  14. bigboynasty

bigboynasty Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode Ferndale road Sunday morning about 9.30. Was hunting a bit more gravel out that way but didn’t find a lot that was interesting. Found a couple of roads further down 27 but both were no exit until we got to Ohinewai Rd. Any local knowledge in that area would be appreciated especially paper roads that don’t have locked gates on them
  15. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Yes, Ohinewai Rd is a good one. The roads to the dams are still gravel, apart from Cosseys dam. My other piss stops. Wairoa, Upper Mangatawhiri and Mangatangi. I've been doing those roads since the early '70's, when nearly all the roads were gravel. Did do a few tracks in the Hunua's back then, they are the mountain bike tracks now.
  16. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    so, who were the 3 legends on thumpers tearing up the western side of lake taupo sundee arvo?

timings wise, you may have been the same three rolling in to taumaranui as i was headed down to national park.

anyone on here?
  17. Rosie!

Rosie! Little MissAdventure Supporter

Oddometer:
    @NZnic, another friend and I were heading that way early Sunday afternoon returning from the King Country ride, but if we were tearing up, it was at a pretty sedate pace :shog
    MrKiwi and Night Falcon like this.
  18. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    As long as it looks like you're tearing it up pace doesn't matter :lol3
  19. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    yellow with translucent tank(s) and luggage?
  20. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Structural Failure

Oddometer:
    Met Dave from Wellywood on route through Mangaweka to Taihape where we shared a coffee at the Brown sugar. Any of you Welly/Beamerites know him?

IMG_2954.JPG
    MrKiwi and KiwiPewe like this.