1. eNewsletter Sign Up

I stopped by the Harley Davidson shop.

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by tessalino, Dec 12, 2014.

1. TxRoadDog

TxRoadDog Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Come on now dude... everything else this guy has is broken. An HD riding PH fucked his old lady, his ADV account is now broken, I'm sure whatever bike he has is broken... last thing he needs is my face breaking the screen on his iphone if we face time. That wouldn't be very nice. :deal
  2. Shotzie

Shotzie Banned

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl
  3. TheProphet

TheProphet Retired; Living the Dream

Oddometer:

I never once insulted his ride, nor anyone else's. Reread all my posts if you wish. That crap is not my style, as I like and enjoy all bikes, regardless of brand or style, and I have total respect for other riders regardless of what they ride, what they wear, or how they ride. I have zero respect for fake wannabee's and asshats though. That's the way it was back n' the day (1960's) when I started out, and that's the way it should still be. It was a one way insult.

I was looking forward to the film clip though... bummer. :eek1

And now, how about real motorcyclists talking about real motorcycling?:ricky

I think we pretty much exhausted the concept that HD was going out of business because all interested riders were too old, and going to die soon.

How about segwaying into your best, and worst dealership - any brand - experience?

No lying or made up stories though!!:eek1

Bob:lol3
  4. Shotzie

Shotzie Banned

Oddometer:
  5. AndyT

AndyT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can a moderator lock this thread? This is way past ridiculous.
  6. zerohype

zerohype Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now that Francis is banned...
    Let me tell you about the now closed Twin City BMW motorcycle dealer. Went in with a friend (riding an iron head Harley 1000 Sporty) to purchase a new 2004 Rockster. Now, I was on my 1983 BMW R100 and we couldn't get a sales person to even talk to us. The service department manager came out and said they don't take trade ins, even an old airhead. My friend produced 50, 100 dollar bills. The service manager, said hold on while he went and got a sales rep. We promptly left before the sales person could be "bothered" enough to come talk to him. He went and purchased a used Trophy 1200 he still has today, from our local Powersports dealer...
    Before the dealer closed his doors, another friend BOUGHT a new 2004 K1200GT. 4 days after his first "service" his coolant light came on. It was low. He topped it off himself. When it came time for second service, he put Scotch tape on some of the interior fasteners. Got the bike back home and they hadn't even taken some of the body panels off, as there was still dust accumulated...the fasteners still had the tape on them. This was a $400 dollar service, mind you. He went back and raised hell and got the service done...WHILE HE WATCHED. That's the biggest bunch of (unemployed as of 2012) of arrogant assholes I have ever "kind of" met.
  7. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't stop at the Harley Dealer yesterday. I was too busy going for a ride. As is normal for around here, we had a diverse group of bikes and riders:

[​IMG]

We had a Harley and a couple of scooters in the mix. No one cared about what brand or type of bike anyone else rode.

Look at that, a Harley and Beemer rider and they weren't even insulting each other.

[​IMG]

Maybe some of Ya'll need to come to Alabama so you can see that not everyone has attitude problems towards "other" types of bikes.

This ride was organized on Bamarides.com where brand bashing is not tolerated.
  8. Shotzie

Shotzie Banned

Oddometer:
    So Klaviator, what your saying is that a group of people on diverse brands and types of two wheelers went for a ride together? And it all went well? :freaky
  9. ArmyStrong

ArmyStrong 6F

Oddometer:
    We had a great time. I kinda forgot what brands we had. I enjoyed meeting all the riders and trying to keep up with the group on the great roads Klaviator led us to.
  10. Mikemm

Mikemm Long timer

Oddometer:
    take a look at that last picture... clearly, the BMW rider is looking "down" at the Harley rider. :evil
  11. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not only that but we do it all the time. One of our most active members rides an Electra Glide................and an old XL250.

It's a good thing that most of the riders on the ride didn't read the thread in perfect line that group rides suck.
  12. TheProphet

Oddometer:
    This goes back to 2012, but the wife and I rode to, and then traveled the Blue Ridge Parkway. Fantastic area, and fantastic riders all around that area. We took a lot of side trips, and the one I recall the best was Grandfather Mountain.

At this site, there were way too many parked bikes to count, and literally every Brand name imaginable was represented. Riders walked around admiring everyone else's bikes, and commenting on "Where'd you get....", and "Oh man is that cool, how'd you..." , "Hey, I used to have one of them...", and so on. Total mutual respect. Seldom was heard, a discouraging word. Something else I DO remember though is that there were no Loud Pipes, and I do not recall anyone without a Helmet - Maybe the states along the Route have helmet laws? Dunno, but I expect that crowd would've worn them anyway.

Did you know that the #1 cause of accidents there is riders (and drivers) over-admiring the beautiful scenery, and fouling up on the upcoming curve, of which there are a ton. The handlebar operator needs to pay attention, let the pillion see the sites.

There were a handful of breakdowns, and 'slight' accidents along the 420 mile route, and each one had half a dozen passers by helping. We stopped at one, but things were already well in hand, and at others we slowed down and gave the universal gesture, and the got thumbs up in return. Riders helping riders. Cats and Dogs playing together.

We would meet up with these same characters at roadside diners, and at night at our base Motel in Asheville, NC.. Good solid riders, good solid people.

It can happen.

Bob
  13. ArmyStrong

ArmyStrong 6F

Oddometer:
    The ones who did, laughed about it at lunch :D
  14. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fixed! :wave
  15. Unhingedlizard

Unhingedlizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    Once had a harley dealer do me a real good deal on a shoei (that saved my life on track) just after he watched me drop my old lid outside the dealership! Was well appreciated
  16. mashrider

mashrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like my Road King a lot, it does not leak and its a great long distance bike, ,the only bike I have that is currently leaking in my garage is my Suzuki, but come on she is over 40. I ride and am a member of the local HOG chapter these guys and gals can ride and ride safe. I won't ride with any crazy riders I have been around way to long for that!!! Ride safe my friends
  17. TheProphet

Oddometer:
    Same here. I've got a 2011 Road King Classic - most reliable bike I've ever owned. 34,600 something miles thus far, and zero, yes zero issues whatsoever. I change the Oil and filters every 3000 miles and do all the scheduled service maintenance work myself. Super comfortable for both of us on long trips.

Usually my wife and I ride by ourselves, but once in a while we hook up with a group of mixed Brand riders - a Gold Wing, a Suzuki, two other HD's, and a Triumph. Very good, very experienced riders (we're all 60 yrs. + and lifetime riders), nice people, we usually ride for 3-4 hours, end up at some bizarre restaurant for lunch, then 3-4 hrs. return trip. Some opt for dinner, some head home.

We did a group "Route 66" ride to Santa Monica one year, and decided we prefer to go it alone. Those long trips with a dozen or so other riders take a certain type... of which I guess we aren't. Great for those that like that sort of thing though.

We've found that if you go it alone, you still meet ton's of great folks along the way, and we trade email addresses, etc. Blue Ridge Parkway is fun, as is almost anywhere in the Black Hills. Don't know where you live, but any "Circular Tour" around any - or a combination of - the Great Lakes is always fun, and again you meet ton's of real riders. We always try to pick a Motel within walking distance of a Pub, so you can meet up after dinner and have a few (!) without worrying about riding home. Lot's of great stories in the Pubs, true... or not, doesn't matter as long as they are good ones!

Ride Safe!!

Bob
  18. quasigentrified

quasigentrified Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    best part of any road trip -- after the riding, of course. love listening to old bikers bullshit! :freaky
  19. TheProphet

Oddometer:
    Yes, embellishment and poetic license are fully allowed, until somewhere finally says: "Wait a minute..." :lol3... :eek1
  20. Red9

Red9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just this summer I sold my 07 Ultra Classic for a Goldwing.

Only concern I had was, "Will the Honda be as good a machine as all the Harley's I've owned?"

Funny thing and the truth: I've got three bikes (two Japanese) and while I had the Ultra, two of them had oil spots on the floor under them. Guess which two?

Reason I bought the Wing: more power and less noise. I ride a lot in the Canadian Rockies and I was tired of downshifting, upshifting and polluting the scenery with the noise.