I Want A Pair Of Boots, That Do It All !!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by FREDO RIDER, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Zacharia_11

Zacharia_11 11th Assassin

Oddometer:
    Made In Italy
    [​IMG]

Rear of Boot with hard protection for the Achilles
    [​IMG]

Adjustable strap mechanism.
    [​IMG]

Strap from the other side.
    [​IMG]

Velcro Patch for securing the top of the boot.
    [​IMG]

Latching Mechanism.
    [​IMG]
  2. Zacharia_11

Oddometer:
    So I now have them on to start breaking them in... from the looks outside today it will be a while!:vardy

The boot is surprisingly flexible right where I hoped it would be, no doubt a result of the pivot point on the ankle. Here are some shots with the boot on. The wife is going to think I am nuts walking around the apartment in boots!

Right Inside
    [​IMG]

Right Outside
    [​IMG]

Full Frontal :eek1
    [​IMG]

Now Flex for the camera! :gdog
    [​IMG]

That's it for now unless some one wants specific info.
  3. tjrockit

tjrockit One day closer...

Oddometer:
    Nice pics!! Thanks for the update!! :freaky
  4. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    They are a stout boot and I would say they offer significant ankle support, likely mote than the Gaerne Balanced oiled but not as much as a plastic encased MX boot. I think they are very close to my Sidi Vortex MX boots in protection with better comfort and build quality.
  5. feyd

feyd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Zacharia_11 - great pictures. One question you may or may not be able to answer.

Do you see any problems with someone who has a high instep getting into these boots?

Cheers
  6. Zacharia_11

Oddometer:
    Well since I have them on now I can tell you that I don't feel much in the way of arch support, there is a little, but nothing like a running shoe. I was just reading over Fredo's Disco review to see if there was anything more i could add to what I already said, it looks like he put some Insoles in his boot.

I am going out for dinner and am planning on wearing them out with me. I'll let you know if anything jumps out at me, but I typically don't have problems with my arches. I probably won't be able to give a good review of the boots walkablility for a few days.
  7. feyd

feyd Adventurer

Oddometer:

When I was talking about instep, this is what I was referring to
    http://www.med.nyu.edu/rehabengineering/images/footnlhinstep.jpg
  8. Zacharia_11

Oddometer:
    Oh, I don't think I could satisfactorily answer that question. I will tell you that there is an adjustable strap over the part of the foot that makes for a high instep and it appear to have room to give.

I took a couple of picture that I hope might help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture of your link:
    [​IMG]
  9. TheFrenchCanadian

TheFrenchCanadian Frog Prince

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the review Zacharia_11!

Just out of curiosity, how do they fit in terms of width?

I have wide feet, so that's always an issue for me.

TFC
  10. Zacharia_11

Oddometer:
    Subjective:
    I don't have wide feet (I'd say I have just a normal? width foot), these boots fit me fine in width. I would say that they are not a wide boot.
  11. mikemacmo

mikemacmo Take It Easy

Oddometer:
    A heads up for anyone looking for a good price on TCX Infinity boots. I just ordered a pair from Bob's Cycle Supply for $260 free shipping. There is one size 8 and one 11 left. http://www.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/4,100090.html
    No affiliation, never even ordered from them before. Just sayin' :dunno
  12. stwilliams

stwilliams Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got my Adventure Goretex boots today from the UK. Since pics have already been posted, I won't bother. I wear a US 13 and so ordered the EU 48 which is what the Sidi conversion suggested. I do have a wide foot and a pretty normal arch. The boot fits me fine, not snug at all, almost borderline big. A size smaller might have worked but felt tight initially, hard to say.

Anyway, have had a chance to wear them riding yet. Finish and construction are great, as to be expected. I'm sure I'll be very pleased with their performance.
  13. Harry Slimm

Harry Slimm Hey, I live down here!

Oddometer:
    Love mine for daily wear. Not many boots you can have the sole replaced on these days. This brand is one of them. They also get better w/ age.

Harry S

<table class="bkgrd-img" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="lft" valign="top">Chippewa Rally Boot

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="lft" valign="top">
    [​IMG]
    Style 27862
    This is a 12" Cruising Boot, for on or off the motorcycle. For over half a century, Chippewa has been creating the finest American motorcycle boots.
    This boot has premium black oil-tanned leather with a full tan leather-lined foot. There are two insteps Velcro straps for infinite adjustment, and the top of the boot shaft is also Velcro-adjustable. The boot has Goodyear welt construction with a full leather midsole for added strength and stability. The standard flat nitrite outsole wears like iron. This boot is also resoleable.
    This model has a Toe Shifter Pad - Important to bikers because it protects the toe from scuff marks and the arch from fatigue and damage due to gear shifting.
    Customer Note: the brown edging around the sole can easily be dyed black.
    Sized
    D, EE 6 - 12, 13
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
  14. MrBean

MrBean n00b

Oddometer:
    I used to have a pair of Timberland downshifter chukas, but they got ratty looking, and now Timberland does not seem to make the anymore. :cry[​IMG]

My new favorite boots for everyday wear (I teach in these boots, walk around campus all day, and ride home the rough way!) are Thor 50/50 boots.
    [​IMG]
  15. MrBean

MrBean n00b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The only way I would ever have any of these goofy lookin' basterds is if I could have two pairs... one to crap on and one to cover it up with.
  16. hobie1dog

hobie1dog Not a Sheeple

Oddometer:
    I'm still looking for a waterproof boot. I bought Gaerne touring boots that were supposed to be waterproof and they leaked around the toe section on the RH boot.:cry So much for waterproof. Don't think I'll be buying anymore of that brand.
  17. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Search this thread for "Vendramini Marathon Steel". Mine are absolutely waterproof after 3 years.

[​IMG]
  18. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Madstrom; hows the lateral support on the Vendramini? I like the look of them but need ankle support. bete.
  19. potatochip

potatochip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for a pair of boots that prevent ankle rolling predominantly for street use. I've narrowed it down to dainese torque out and sidi adventure. I'm trying to figure out which would be more comfortable to walk in.

Would also consider puma desmo or dainese visoke if someone could convince me I don't need to worry about ankle rolling. Thanks for your help!
  20. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    The ratcheting straps allow you to adjust them over a large range in relation to the fit around your ankle and instep/arch with out feeling like they are just strapped around you ankle with your foot flopping around inside. In addition the foot bed eventually and permanently conforms (compresses) to the shape of the bottom of your foot so that they memic the arch, ball of your foot and even you toes. I don't even think about my feet all day long. I have even taken a couple of mile hike through rocks etc. They are EXTREMELY comfortable from day one and just get better as they soften up and conform even more to your foot shape. The sole has a shape that allows a natural rocking motion when you walk. Kinda like some of the NEW sports shoes they are now advertizing.