I would sell my soul to feel this passion.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by larryboy, Sep 24, 2009.

1. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Yeah, a guy on another forum told me that the missing guy had been found last month. I hope he went easy. :cry

Thanks for all of the great comments and support...I read everything you all say and really appreciate all of the comments. You're reminding me of things from my own trip that I've already forgotten. :lol3 I need to read it thru myself I think.

I'm going to go ahead and thank a few people that helped make this happen...

First of all I'd like to thank my wife...these trips wouldn't happen without her support. Thanks to Miss Adventure for her technical support when I can't figure something out with pictures and video.

I'd like to thank my friend, Sarah Saturday for letting me use her lyrics and music. Special thanks for the pre-release copy of the latest album that I got to listen to on the trip!! I didn't mention it in the report, but Sarah's lyrics were the opening post and the last line of this whole thing.

Special thanks to ZRok of Automatic Static for the permission to use your song for the final slideshow. Thanks, dude...rawk on.:super

I gave credit to all of the bands whose lyrics I used in the report each time that I used something that wasn't mine, so I won't go thru all of those again.

Special thanks to MotoXotica for your support and great customer service. If you have a Husky and need parts, Dan is the guy you want to talk to.:thumb

Another special thanks to somebody...I won't out him as he's a private person...thanks for the replacement helmet..I never thought I'd own an Arai XD :huh . I also appreciate that you were willing to help me if I needed medical attention while I was out there...gave me a warm feeling inside to know you cared. :thumb

A very special thank you to the staff of the Motel 6 in Ely, Nevada...above and beyond customer service!!! :clap :clap

Yes, Ladybug...I still need to sort thru the gps info...I've had some lingering problems from the concussion and lightning strike. Really bad vertigo, at least the shoulder pain from the lightning bolt has gone away.:loco

Thanks for reading and posting...that's what forums are for.:deal
    Nixels likes this.
  2. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Sorry you are still having problems with the mishaps on the trail. I hope you get over it soon.

I'll wait patiently for the GPS info. :D

Hope your Thanksgiving weekend is the best! :thumb
  3. prsdrat

prsdrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Thanks!! I suppose it's time to get to the doctor on this. I had one bout of this about 4-5 years ago and it passed after a few weeks. This latest bump to the head and I can't shake it this time. I'm going to get into the doctor this week. :deal

Thanks.:thumb
  5. funhouse

funhouse Overdue

Oddometer:
    hey, aren't you supposed to be back at work? Bruce:rofl
  6. WaywardSon

WaywardSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude.....:bow:bow

Just a magnificent job:deal

Thank you for taking the time.
  7. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:
    Larry, I just spent all afternoon reading your epic RR. Man, you brought everything about why I ride together in this report. I'll say it again, I feel like I was on that ride with you, the comments while riding in the videos were classic! First rate stuff :D
    larryboy likes this.
  8. STBNE

STBNE Yamaha Guru

Oddometer:
    LarryBoy..I have taken a day and a half to read and view all the videos in this epic ride report...I especailly loved Utah and Nevada...You sir are the epitome and embodiment of what an ADV rider is all about. Without any doubt this is the finest RR I have ever read and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it...Take care and have a Happy Holidays...:clap :freaky :norton
  9. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:

+1
  10. dickosaurus

dickosaurus Geezer Coalition Supporter

Oddometer:
    Extra-ordinary ride report-read every word, watched every video.
    Dam fine.
    Thanks
  11. Motor 1

Motor 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap Thanks for the great RR. I have been to a few of the spots u were and u brought it all back to me. :D
  12. Rossbike

Rossbike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Outstanding report. Thanks.
  13. Scott39

Scott39 Banned

Oddometer:
    Thats what I was thinking. I use grease from a semi truck parts shop, it is incredible grease, almost like sticking gum in your bearings. Everybody should stay away from your local parts store grease, it is usally junk, big truck grease all the way.
  14. Scott39

Scott39 Banned

Oddometer:
    This was definitely one of my favorite RR, I never get tired of seeing RR's from Moab and the Utah area, and of course Colorado.
  15. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all of those nice comments!! :thumb

My kid found a couple of pictures that she took on the day that I got home. The only one willing to give me a hug was the dog and he wanted away too.:lol3

[​IMG]

I was beat, 505 miles that day.:huh I could hardly hold my left arm up from the lightning strike..doing fine now.

[​IMG]

I seem to have constant computer problems and still have my Nevada GPS tracks to sort thru. I'll gladly share all of what I used for the trip..if you want it, shoot me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll send you the info.

:beer
    Nixels likes this.
  16. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Dang Rob, you look like you had been on one heck of a drunk and woke up in a ditch after been beaten by some other drunks. :huh

I'm glad you are doing better after that lightening strike. That's some frightening stuff there. :eek1 You're one impressive person to finish up the ride after that. :bow

Thanks to your daughter for getting the pictures when you arrived home. By the way, when are we going to see more of her photography skills? :deal
  17. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Nice seeing the made it home in one piece pics!:clap
  18. redpillar

redpillar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent.

larry boy exceptional RR and a fantastic trip.
  19. Nixels

Nixels Face fears - live life

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:scratch Ya look a little tired there Rob. :dunno

Have you taken the Honda out lately?
  20. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

I think that's how a person is supposed to look after 6500 miles in 23 days mostly on dirt.:huh

Meg was sorting pictures and found these two that we had forgotten about..I just had to put them in here. :lol3 She is constantly taking pictures, you can see some here: http://www.myspace.com/megannicolephotography

I hadn't seen those pics and was a little shocked to say the least.:loco

Tracks sent, when I get the rest sorted out I'll let you guys know they are ready.

Yeah, it took a couple of months to get some energy again.

I ride the XRR to work as a test track, I still don't have the jetting to Husky perfection levels yet and can't afford a $450 aftermarket carb right now. I'd ride it more if it ran better. I've got the starting/idling/wfo figured out, it's the part throttle tuning I can't get a handle on yet.