I80 alternative

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by nobody, Apr 25, 2006.

1. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know a good ride alternative to the Interstate 80 on PA,OH,IN.I don`t have a GPS nor intend to use one($$$).I will be riding from CT to AK in June and all I got so far is a mapquest from CT to Anchorage(really prepared)It has to be something better than highways...I don`t know if this is the right place to place this tread so feel free to move it
    Any help will be greatly appreciated:ear
    Thank you
  2. ravenvt

ravenvt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unless messing it it up with all the traffic, heavy trucks is your adventure thing, consider entering canada at Cornwall, Ont and head west above the lakes. Far less traffic, far more interesting, gas is more expensive in Canada, lodging much less, much more adventuery. You will run over a big chunk of tire on I80, you might hit a moose in canada and its a great ride esp. if you use the cassier coming or going. Photos???
  3. Tengai650

Tengai650 Random Task

Oddometer:
    I'd cross at Niagara Falls, then head up the Bruce Penninsula, take the Chi-Chemaun Ferry to Manitoulin Is, then head toward Manitoba, et al.

Mark
  4. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    You can take U.S. 20 across northern Ohio. May want to swing south a little and avoid downtown Cleveland on I271/I480, or through on I90, and then hop back on U.S. 20 again on the west side. You can also pick up State Route 2 near the west side of Cleveland and run along the lake. A nice ride.

Enjoy,

Dave
  5. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys for the advices.I think I will ride above the lakes since I want to see the Mecca of hockey.I did I80 few time to Chicago and seen it all.I will be consulting a good map(library)also.Time is another factor.I can`t spend more than 30-35 days for the whole trip.Thanks again for your advices and I`m open for more sugestions anyone else might have:ear
    Claudio
  6. gazoo

gazoo Wandering

Oddometer:
    Consider taking US 6 across PA and then up US 219 to Buffalo and the falls.
  7. hludwit

hludwit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you are interested, and if there is time
    I could do one better....give me your days (departure and destination)
    and I might be able to put it down on my GPS software and I will send it to you... .....