1. eNewsletter Sign Up

IBA Ontario/ Yooperland SS1K June 20th

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by IBAJIM, Dec 31, 2019.

1. IBAJIM

IBAJIM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    EDIT: ( 3-20-2020 ) Because of the COVID-19 Virus, and the closure of the U.S. & Canada border, it looks like the Lake Superior SS1K and Ontario - Yooper SS1K rides probably won't be done since June 20th is only 3 months away.

But if the border is re-opened before then, all three rides will be run.

The All Yooperland SS1K ride will be run, either way

I came up with a new Iron Butt Association SS1K route.

It includes a loop done in a beautiful area of Ontario and another beautiful loop in the upper peninsula of Michigan ( "Yooperland").

The ride starts & ends in Sault Ste. Marie ( the "Soo") on June 20th.

For more info. goto : Ontario / Yooperland SS1K

There are two other IBA rides offered the same day in the Soo. See: IBA Trifecta

BTW, if by chance you have been convicted of a felony or DUI you probably will not be allowed to enter Canada on two of the rides ( unless it's been at least 10 years since you have been convicted or DUI probation has ended, assuming no other crime was included with the DUI ).

But that will still leave you the option of the All Yooperland SS1K ride !!

Please post any questions / comments here.

2020 C1.png
    Bigbob1 likes this.
  2. IBAJIM

Oddometer:
    Since I will need to be in the Soo to check in the returning Riders, I won't be doing any of the three rides.

But Rich Henrion and myself will be doing the Canada loop of this ride. I checked out the loop last year driving the cage. I want to do it on the bike this year. Highway 129 from Thessalon to Chapleau is a great road for a motorcycle, as well as from Chapleau to Wawa and then along the big lake back to the Soo.

Maybe we can meet some of the other Riders on the east side of Thessalon in the McDougall Energy parking lot after they are returning from Blind River after getting their mandatory receipt there.
  3. IBAJIM

Oddometer:
    I talked to a Canadian Border Service Officer about this ride today about having a DUI conviction. He said if it's been at least 10 years since conviction or after a DUI probation has ended, a person will be admitted if there wasn't a felony crime associated with the DUI.

He also said to be careful on HWY 129 early in the morning because there should be logging trucks on the road then.