Ice Bear CT70 clone

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wsjones, Feb 15, 2015.

1. wsjones

wsjones Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speaking of official make and model, on the MSO the make is listed as "DAIX" and model number is the PBZ125-2 (Ice Bear's model #), for whatever that's worth.:norton
  2. scottro

scottro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've bought quite a few generic parts from this place. They ship quickly and the quality is as good or better than what came on the bike. You can't beat $3.00 CDIs, $5 coils, $11 stators, $12 carbs, etc etc.

http://www.motopartsmax.com/

Parts for these bikes are cheap enough, you can maintain a stockpile and be ready in case you have a problem. Cables and levers are pretty cheap too.

A $70 order gets you free shipping and for that $$ you could have a spare of almost every major breakable part or part that could leave you dead in the water.
  3. wsjones

Oddometer:
    Excellent! First thing I think I may need is a fuel petcock. Darn thing began starving out on the "on" position but runs ok on the reserve. And yes, it's got plenty of fuel in the tank to run on "on." I'll try cleaning it out first but a new petcock may be the first replacement part.

But good info as usual.

BTW I ordered a set of IRC TR1 tires and a 17 tooth sprocket. I like the tires much better than the scooter tires it came with, and the 17 makes it possible for my wife to putt around the yard and field in first geaar and concentrate on how to ride something with 2 wheels and a twist throttle without worrying about what shifting is all about.

First ride was today and a great success, followed by a second riding session a few hours later. She seems to like it; hopefully not long before before she gets comfortable on it.
  4. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the EPA official list of bikes that passed EPA/DOT, the corporation is listed as Pacific Rim International or something like that.
  5. wsjones

Oddometer:
    "Pacific Rim International"

Yep, that's what it says on the MSO. Excellent!
  6. wsjones

Oddometer:
    Near the end of session two she headed for a trail that's more drainage than trail this time of year. I figured I'd hear it revving and her swearing and hollering for me and get there to find it on its side in the mud. But she churned through it to the yard! And then had to hose it off at the close of day 1 before putting it away. I love it.
    [​IMG]
  7. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh, really? Like your wife will ever get to ride it :D:lol3
  8. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like the snow melted according to plan!
  9. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still have my Ice Bear CT70 clone along with the other monkey bikes. All are running just fine. However the Ural in the background gets the most use.
    IMG_20150718_005717.jpg IMG_20150828_133019.jpg
    TrashCan likes this.
  10. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Sold all the bikes in the above photo plus the Ride For Kids CB1100 that I won last year.
    18722296_1934285816785548_1357777142384951296_n.jpg

I am down to just a 2009 Suzuki TU250X and hope to stay that way but I doubt it.:lol3

Still have the same bike cargo trailer in use for over ten years.
    0806181023a.jpg
    JerseyBiker likes this.
  11. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    One could do a lot worse than a TU250 I think.
  12. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Birdmove, looks like you survied the lava flow. Are things ok there. Any rides/pics of the area. cms
  13. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, we survived it. But, during, we could see the red glow from our back yard, and hear explosive booms from it too.
  14. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    That red monkey bike in post #3 looks really cool, but there is no way I would fit on that. I wish they made bikes like that big enough for full sized adults. Maybe 250cc.

Since they both have 1940s tube type tires, I prefer the original Honda Rebel over pretty much any other 250cc motorcycle. Stock it is a tight fit, but with forward controls and a Corbin seat it is fine. The TU250 also has a seat problem. I need to sit between the two seats. Can't figure out why they didn't put a one piece seat on it like the Yamaha SR400. Would have been a lot more practical, and at least IMO, looks a lot better.
  15. hugemoth

hugemoth Big Brother is watching you!

Oddometer:
    I recall someone over on Chinariders.net posting a pic of a new 250 cc Grom type bike.
  16. Bar None

Oddometer:
    One piece seat for TU250X is available from several sources.
    s-l640.jpg
    Google suzuki tu250x replacement seat
  17. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kiser Motorcycles over in Kona Hawaii (I live near Hilo on the big island) still has a few of the original 250cc Honda Rebels. Usually thought of as a "beginner bike" there is a lot to be said for that model, especially as an island bike. Screw type valve adjuster. Single carb, but on a twin, so no carb sync problems. Ever. Reliable as hell. Would be good choice for me as maybe my last motorcycle.
  18. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We
    We've got one at our local MC shop (2016 ) $3400 asking , certain it will sell for less, been on the floor much to long. Would make an excellent island bike ,for the right price. Still some accessories out there too. My trip to the islands ended up renting a fat boy Harley, way to big , would have enjoyed a much smaller bike. cms

long
  19. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you are trying to get your wife to ride, and it will be mostly off road, I recommend a bike with both a manual transmission and clutch. A long time ago, my 10 year old daughter figured out how to ride one of those in less than half an hour, and was riding like a pro in two hours. I just can't get past the clunkyness of the semi auto trans, and especially off road a manual clutch really comes in handy, especially on a small bike with most of it's power near redline. A little clutch slipping can make riding butter smooth.

I have one of those 2016 Rebels I bought new 2 years ago, after seeing a picture of the disgusting (to me) 2017 model. I got it for $3299 OTD. You can ride one across the country on the freeway. But, they are not dirt bikes, and would be pretty worthless off road.

In Hawaii I think an 883 Sportster would be the perfect bike for me. Small and fairly light, but with the Harley feel and sound and torque.
  20. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boy, that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one! The "Harley feel" is anything but small and light.
    Bar None likes this.