Ice Bear CT70 clone

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wsjones, Feb 15, 2015.

1. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess it is all relative. I consider the 883 with the peanut tank (Iron or SuperLow) to be a pretty small bike. What I meant by the Harley "feel" is the unique (and to me very pleasant) vibration you get from the Harley engine. Compare the size of the 883 to the 650cc Burgman. And I saw someone mention a FatBoy. But I get it. You mean a really small bike. I doubt a 70cc would exceed 20 mph with my weight on it. Now that I think about it, the new Honda Monkey might be great for such riding, but you could buy a lot of Ice Bears for what one of those costs.
  2. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody bought one of the Ice Bears lately. I thinking of getting the CT70 clone or the sidecar again. Down to two bikes so need to add one. :lol3
    Place to order one?
  3. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not seeing a cub knock off on their site.
    http://www.icebearatv.com/
    Honestly with the demise of the SYMBA the only new one I'm seeing is the real thing from Honda.
  4. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    They look like a well done clone.
    There is a seller with 100% positive feedback on ebay and all positive reviews (and all 5 star google reviews) in Longwood Fla. $1399 with "free shipping" ($59 fuel surcharge depending on zip, sounds like you live close so maybe no charge). $1349 from their store bluelineindustries.com.

[​IMG]

from their ebay listing:

"This listing is for one Icebear 125cc motorcycle / Honda CT70 CT90 CLONES retro bike brand new. 125cc air cooler 4 speed semiautomatic transmission. Is ideal for new riders, all you do is shift, no clutch. They are an exact clone to the CT70's from the 70's. I had a CT70 back when I was a kid, so I know what the bike is supposed to look and ride like. The very first one that we ordered came into our store, when we open the crate, I was really impressed at the power and quality of the bike. They are beautiful, very sturdy, powerful, run extremely well and they wheelie very well also. If you know what a CT70 is.. this bike is for you. The bike does come with an MSO / title which will be sent to you, so you can take it to your State DMV and get a motorcycle license plate. You do need a motorcycle license to operate this bike. They come in burgundy, grey, white and black. There is a 6 month powertrain warranty on the motor. Available colors change by the day, so please have 2 colors in mind. We tried to be as descriptive as possible, If you need more information please, check out our website Bluelineindustries or give is a call 4O7-8Ol-35ll, thanks. Shipping is free, but certain destinations has a $59 dollar fuel surcharge, depends on your zipcode. "
    NJ-Bill and klaviator like this.
  5. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    CT70...dang always read that as C70...my bad, but there ya go :)
  6. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Allucaneat likes this.
  7. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bar None likes this.
  8. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bar None likes this.
  9. Buster Grumpy

Buster Grumpy Sucker for "great deals"

Oddometer:
    Icebear, I'm in for your experience! :ear
    Bar None likes this.
  10. Bar None

Oddometer:
  11. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I might try to build or adapt a sidecar for my soon to be delivered CT70 clone.
    Ogre_fl likes this.
  13. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
  14. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I ordered a 17 tooth front sprocket to replace the 15 from Amazon. I did this change on my previously owned CT70 clone. Also changed the tires to 4.00-10 from 3.50-10. The increase in tire size pretty much corrected the speedometer and made the bike feel bigger . approx 17" in diameter to 18.5"

Maybe will try these tires later
    Duro HF203 Tire Blackwall Size 4.00-10
    Amazon for 2 tires shipped $59.47
    https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-...motorcycle&qid=1569413836&s=automotive&sr=1-1

JT Sprockets JTF252.17 17T Steel Front Sprocket
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AVVXPY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  15. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    How's the Icebear doing so far?
  16. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Got her all put together and been riding her a bit. Received the MSO and bill of sale in the mail but I am headed to Florida in a couple of weeks so will wait and register her then. Put the tag off my sold Royal Enfield with Cozy sidecar and put insurance on her so can ride her a bit here in the mountains.
    Probably my eighth China bike in the crate so I am good at putting them together. Just put on front wheel, battery, front fender, etc so easy peasy.

20191001_114910.jpg
    Small milk crate on the rack. Removed all the warning stickers and tank lettering.
    Metal flake silver shines.

20191003_161002.jpg

20191006_151204.jpg

20191006_151154.jpg

Runs just fine. Definitely needs two more teeth on the front sprocket like my other gone CT70 clones.

Only problem is I can't the the front brake lever to firm up as far out as I like. I have bled the system many time and all the air is out. This is where the lever stops. Some others on the FB page have the same issue. The brake works fine but I am not use to one having that much travel. I going to call the dealer and see what he thinks.

brake.jpg

Also the auto clutch is fine. The shift pattern is neutral down and the 1,2,3,4 up so is different from my other bikes.

Centerstand is nice, my other two bikes don't have one.

Put a trailer hook up on her like all my other bikes.
    20191003_171932.jpg
    Been pulling that trailer for at least ten years. The canvas is gone from wear and tear so I use a large plastic container it.

On a previously owned CT70 clone.
    IMG_20150828_133019.jpg
  17. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Amazing what $1200 can buy! From what I've heard/read the Loncin engines are excellent, reliable little units, as well. Neat as h3ll! :thumb

Re; Mushy brake - I wonder if there might be a bubble stuck in the caliper or some other tight turn or fitting. I'd probably un-bolt the entire mess and use a screwdriver handle or something to tap n' twist on every component, starting from the bottom (caliper) and working upward, pumping the brake lever while doing so - idea being trying to dislodge any bubbles (by tapping), while keeping 'em free (by pumping) to float up to the fluid reservoir.

May be worth a shot, anyhow - it's worked for me a few times in the past...

And of course things will get firmer as the new brake pads bed in, anyway.

Bob
  18. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great update, keep us posted.
  19. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Honda trail 70 was my dream bike about 50 years ago. I'd love to have one of these but I don't think it would be fast enough to ride safely around my house. I need something that will do at least 50-55 MPH or I'd be a rolling roadblock.
    Bar None likes this.
  20. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Klavator,
    I have several of these type bikes and I agree that they are not good for most big city riding but as you know here in the mountains they are just fine.
    The Virginian likes this.