Ice Bear CT70 clone

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wsjones, Feb 15, 2015.

1. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There were a ton of tiny bikes at Barber this weekend including a bunch of CT70s. They are perfect for getting around the park. When (notice i didn't say if:D) you come down next year bring the Ice Bear and ride it into the park.
  2. MOTOS and TACOS

MOTOS and TACOS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone comment on the physical size of the IceBear 50cc Clone with the sidecar for a tall guy? I have a buddy with the CT70 Clone and that size works for me but I really want the sidecar rig to put the kids in. Thanks in advance!
  3. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The 110cc sidecar is small. I am 5'11" on it here with Scary Jerry in the car.
    side.jpg

I put a boat seat raised on a 2x4 in the car.

side2.jpg

Kids love it!
    unnamed (1).jpg

Sold mine to a guy who needed it since he was unable to ride his motorcycle because of a crash.
    I wanna buy another one for here in the mountains maybe next spring.
    Not sure who has them for sale.
    Another option would be to find a sidecar that would connect up to a CT70 clone since it is a larger bike.

IMG_9835_3_21.jpg
    Allucaneat and The Virginian like this.
  4. kennyanc

kennyanc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks familiar! Best money I've ever spent. We have a blast on it and take it everywhere. Just got back from Barber and it is the ticket there for getting around.
  5. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear it is still running for you.
  6. MOTOS and TACOS

MOTOS and TACOS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's great info, thank you. FYI, they are back on Safer Wholesale right now for $1099.

I agree a hack on the CT70 would probably be better for me at 6'4". I am torn between these bikes and the Coleman CT200U minibike. License plate is not important to me.

Thanks again
  7. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I tried to order one at Safer several weeks ago and they were out of stock. I will check again.
  8. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 10 mile suburban commute, on which the highest speed limit encountered is 45 mph. Do you think this CT70 clone could handle that? The bike looks like a lot of fun for the price. Thanks for the review!
  9. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I have not run mine up to speed since it is new and I have not registered it. I will be back in Florida in three weeks and will register it then. IMHO my previous CT70 clone would have been fine for your commute.
    My electric bike would even be better again IMHO. https://www.e-bikes.com/products/nakto-ebike-man-camel
    20 MPH pedal assist 18 MPH electric only
    electric.jpg
    NJ-Bill likes this.
  10. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Will throw it in the back of my Tacoma and be there or be square. Maybe even bring my Dong Fang DF250RTG too.
    DFDRagon_25.jpg
    Edit: Is one day enough?
    klaviator likes this.
  11. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Having a problem with my 2019 Ice Bear CT70 clone burning out the 1157 21/5W tail light filament. The brake light filament is working and not burning out. Tried another bulb and the tail light filament burned out in it too. If I had a LED 1157 I would try that. Can't image what would cause the filament to burn out immediately. Any ideas. Both bulbs defective?
    A short would not cause the filament to burn out, it would blow a fuse or burn a wire.
  12. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strange coincidence but my CT90 with the Lifan is doing something similar but opposite - brake light burning out. I checked voltage and found that with either the front or rear brake switch activated the brake light contact is getting 25v for some unknown reason. The electrical on mine is modified so it might not be the same thing happening as yours but I bought a new regulator/rectifier and will check switches and contacts but I have no idea how it could be getting 25v (checked with both a digital and an analog meter). If you don't mind check the voltage at the contacts for both the running light and the brake light contacts with and without the brake light switch activated, I'm curious.
  13. Flipflop

Flipflop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try AC instead of DC on the voltmeter. Might be pumping AC through the ground from the voltage regulator. All kinds of weird shit happens if you lose a diode bridge.
    The Virginian, pnw and Bar None like this.
  14. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I just received an email from the dealer that said that the correct parts are coming from Ice Bear whatever that means.

I also have an issue with the front brake lever almost going close to the grip even after bleeding the brakes multiple times.

I did check the voltage at the connection going to the tail light and it was 13.5 at idle. Didn't check the brake light voltage.
    Asked the dealer what parts are coming. I am going to wait for the parts to come before I do anything else. Bike is not registered yet, will do it when I get to Florida in three weeks for the winter.
    The Virginian and pnw like this.
  15. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:

It has been a few weeks since I had looked at the electrical but I thought I had no significant AC reading - today both the analog and the digital meters are getting readings all over the place including both AC and DC to both contacts and now a not consistent 29v DC read at the stop light contact. Eventually I'll recheck wiring and replace the voltage regulator and see how that goes. Thanks for the advice.
    Bar None likes this.
  16. hugemoth

hugemoth Big Brother is watching you!

Oddometer:
    Make sure the ground is good.
    pnw likes this.
  17. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Don't know if I posted this here.
    Back in 2014 at Deal's Gap
  18. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Got the new master cylinder from Ice Bear today and that fixed the front brake problem. They also sent me a new tail light but I had put a LED 1157 in the other day and it is not burning out so I am gonna hold off on replacing the tail light. Don't see how the tail light would cause the filament to burn out.
  19. Steve_h

Steve_h Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Vibration...Bad connection causing quick flashing of the bulb...bad ground
  20. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Same ground for both filaments. Just turned the key on and the tail filament blew. Brake like filament worked. I have the LED 1157 in and no problem so far.