Ice racing @ rainbow falls

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by cjflyfisher, Oct 23, 2005.

1. cjflyfisher

cjflyfisher cjflyfisher

Oddometer:
    Anybody ice race at rainbow falls? looking for some first timer set up and riding tips. Pretty sure I'm going to try it, just gotta get the bike ready in time.
  2. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    If you don't get any feedback, PM me. I have a friend who used to do it (may still) and can send you his email. He lives near COS. I've watched it and it is truly wild.

Tom
  3. supercreep

supercreep _______________

Oddometer:
    i raced @ rainbow falls for a few seasons, modern and vintage - big fun! i actually have a vintage bike i might part with - 74 tm400, less than 10 hours on new motor, de-raked neck (6 degrees), 2 inch stretched swingarm, ice fenders and full screwed (1" cold cutters anchored into internal lining) tires. the frame mods make it really handle well on the short track (ice or dirt).

they used to run 5 races per season, starting in january. there are 2 lakes back there - usually you can practice on saturday an the "other" lake and race on sunday on the main lake. sometimes, you can practice on saturday on the main lake, it depends on who is out there.

let me know if you have any specific questions.

btw, you should see your old r900...
    [​IMG]
    should be good to go by spring.