1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

ICEBEAR VISION 150 (Zuma clone)

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by WR450FADVn, Apr 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, their (manufacturer) website claims about 9.5hp and a 105km/h top speed.. 65 mph.. pretty fast.
    Don
    Salth2ofish likes this.
  2. princess jamaica

princess jamaica OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer:
    $1100.00 US with the exchange rate at a store called Liverpool in LaPaz.Don't know who supplies the engine.Just breaking it in,but impressed with the performance,fit and finish.Suspension,not so much...
  3. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Amigo JAX 50cc (Yougfu) variation . . 150cc link.

dp064 likes this.
  4. Bar None

Bar None OLD DUDE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Steve,
    I took your suggestion and pulled the cover and the size is 835-20-30. Needed a 8 mm and a 10 mm socket plus a extension and a ratchet to remove the cover. There was a gasket on the cover that got torn when I removed the cover. I guess I should get another gasket or forget it as there is a breather on the front of the cover that would allow water to get in. I am new to the GY6.
    My finger are not strong enough to do the quick belt change. Would a couple of small c clamps do the trick?

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...&ved=0ahUKEwjExNrNubfrAhXVWc0KHeoRCZMQ4dUDCA0

Watched the video again and will try again to do it .
  5. Steve_h

Steve_h Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't worry too much about the gasket. Like you said, there's a vent at the front and at the back. There is no oil in there to be contained.
    You'll never get enough water in it to be a problem unless you start doing creek crossings or riding in floods.
    A couple small C clamps would probably do. Just make sure you don't bend the sheaves.
    Now, in addition to belt size, you also know what it takes to get into the belt area when you have to change it.
  6. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Seems to be pretty easy to remove the belt with a impact wrench which I have.
    I inspected the belt and at 3k km couldn't see any wear. I will check it again at 6k km.
    Don't plan to do an water fords. Looking online I saw where some ATV/UTVs have a drain plug in the cover. My UTV doesn't even have a cover.
  7. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Put the cover back on without a gasket and took a ride to the Dragon this afternoon. All is well with the scooter. It is a fun ride. Gonna sell my last motorcycle (Suzuki TU250X) and buy a Icebear PMZ150-10 which is a clone of the Yamaha 2012 Zuma as soon as my online dealer gets some in stock. Will leave the PMZ150-17 here in the mountains and have the PMZ150-10 for the winter in SWFL or vice versa.
    minimac, Salth2ofish and dp064 like this.
  8. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wholesale ATV in Memphis (dont know anything about them) has the 150-10 on Cycle Trader for $938 but I dont think they have any in stock.
    Don
  9. Bar None

Oddometer:
    My dealer says he will have some early September.
    dp064 likes this.
  10. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:

I have replaced the belt on a couple of Japanese scooters and a Vespa GT200 using the method shown in the video, and it worked fine. I don't have nearly as much strength inn m hands as I used to, but was able to get the pulleys spread apart. I'd be very careful with C clamps on those aluminum pulleys. They seem pretty flimsy to me. This type of clamp might work better. They are padded and all the parts are plastic except the flat bar. I have several of these, and have used them on some pretty fragile stuff. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4-5-in-Micro-Trigger-Clamp-Set-4-Piece-99679/302346248

I wouldn't make any more holes in the CVT cover. I would even replace the gasket. I did ride a Japanese scooter without a gasket while waiting on a new one. My issue with CVT covers is getting dirt inside, which would chew up the belt and pulleys. That's why I won't ride a CVT scooter on a dirt road. Every one I've seen has two openings, one with sort of a filter at the front, where the fan on the front pulley pulls air in, and a completely open one at the rear, where the air gets blown out. The front filter is nothing like an air intake filter on an engine, and certainly wouldn't stop the fine powdery sand we have in my state. Many people ride modified scooters without the cover altogether, with just a belt guard in their place. I have no idea how long the variator would last like that, but I doubt they care. This is the same crowd that keeps rebuilding their engines to see how much faster they can make them.
  11. Bar None

Oddometer:
    My cover has a filter on the intake side and I took it out to take a look and it seems good. I have to ride about two miles of gravel roads coming and going from our cabin here in the mountains of WNC every time I ride which has been about every other day for 2 months. The filter has been doing a good job because the inside of the housing is clean.
    I will order a gasket and replace it soon.
  12. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I got an email from the dealer who said I could pre-order the
    https://www.megamotormadness.com/product/sco178-150cc-scooter
    now.

I am waiting on the price. I would like to pick it up at the GA warehouse and save the shipping if possible.

Sold three motorcycles and am down to the one scooter.
    20200729_140736.jpg
    Also might buy a 2021 Honda CT125 which should be a good ride for the gravel roads in WNC.
    dp064 likes this.
  13. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Ordered a new back tire one size up to the size the Yamaha Zuma comes with. I am close to 4000 km and the rear tire needs to be replaced soon. Front tire looks unworn.
    Back in the mountains of WNC where the riding is great fun.
    20200829_161229_2.jpg
    sanjoh and dp064 like this.
  14. Bar None

Oddometer:
    The Kenda 130/70-12 tire arrived and it looks much bigger than the stock 120/70-12. Suppose to be the size for the Yamaha Zuma.
    That is the size that the OP put on his scooter.
    Think the tire will fit? Might go ahead and order the 120/70-12 tire just in case.
    Ordered exhaust gasket too.
  15. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    How much space is there with the 120/70-12?
  16. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I might have to raise the inner mud shield.
    thanks.jpg

The 130 looks a lot bigger.
    t1.jpg

She said she would come over and help me with the tire swap.
    Adjustments.jpg
    LOL
    GotDammitDave and sanjoh like this.
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    With help like that, it may take a few hours!
  19. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Where are you located in WNC? I am close to Robbinsville,NC.
  20. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Near Lake Glenville, in Central FL at the moment.