1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

ICEBEAR VISION 150 (Zuma clone)

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by WR450FADVn, Apr 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bar None

Bar None OLD DUDE Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am in the mountains of Western North Carolina for a while where we have a place close to Robbinsville,NC so I now have a chance to ride some curves, elevation changes, and some gravel with my scooter and she did just great. So fine that I am going to sell my other bikes and maybe buy another scooter so I can just leave one here and have one in flat Florida where I do very little pleasure riding.
    Photo at the Cheoah Dam AKA Fugitive Dam on the way to Deal's Gap and the Dragon.

20200729_140736.jpg
    A sign on the approach to the Cherohala Skyway that is pleasing to a Moto rider.
    20200729_150512.jpg
  2. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Had a nice dry ride today over the Dragon. The scooter is fun to ride and is fast enough for me.

20200731_121836.jpg

20200731_122807.jpg
    Salth2ofish and NJ-Bill like this.
  3. Charleston

Charleston Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How has your scooter been holding up? Any issues at altitude vs sea level?

This thread made me want to get one of these to try scootering but then I started looking at better, faster models that cost many times more and the project stalled.
  4. Bar None

Oddometer:
    ^^^^
    She is holding up just fine but I have only 2500 km on her. No issues at the altitude here in WNC vs sea level. Probably had her up to 3500 feet. She does perform better at sea level like any other vehicle.

It is a 150 CC GY6 so she is not a freeway flyer which is fine with me as I do not want or have to ride on a freeway. I have had her up to 57 MPH GPS. Speedometer is up to about 10% optimistic. I would plan on cruising at 50 MPH.

Scooter details at http://www.icebearatv.com/product/PMZ150-17

I paid $919 delivered and I picked her up at the freight depot in Fort Myers FL as I mentioned earlier the big box truck can't get down my long driveway. The price went up to $970 or so on the last shipment the dealer had but sold out very fast again. I was going to order another one to leave here in WNC and keep one in Fort Myers,FL but I missed out. I can haul her back and forth. If the scooter only lasts three years and is worth nothing after that I feel I am still money ahead of paying twice or three times more for a maybe better scooter.
    https://www.megamotormadness.com/product/sco175-150cc-scooter?color1=Matte Black
  5. prima19rider

prima19rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love small bikes, and touring. Will be following
  6. Bar None

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^
    I am into to small bike since I am :gerg.

Started with small bikes many years ago and went up the displacement curve and am now back at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

Not going on any long rides anymore.
    klaviator and prima19rider like this.
  7. Salth2ofish

Salth2ofish Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just read this whole thread. Love it!! Thanks for all the details and congrats on the scoots!!!! I will be following along . Have a great time in the mts.
  8. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Fixing to head to Deal's Gap for the Sunday morning get together.
    Salth2ofish likes this.
  9. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Did the Dragon Cherohala loop on the scooter and she did just fine. Cold up on Hooper Bald! Not much traffic today which was nice.

20200802_144021 (1).jpg
  10. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Fixing to do the 3k km oil change. Still running just fine.
    At Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort the other day.
    20200806_124244.jpg

My shop here in the mountains is in the above ground basement of the old cabin built in the late 1930's.
    20200806_140817.jpg
    It was about to fall down when we bought the the place in 2003.
    I rebuilt it over the years.
    Before
    HopperHomesteadbeforebyGeorge.jpg

After
    0806131742-00.jpg
    My wife and I did 95% of the work.
    oic, Beezler, dp064 and 5 others like this.
  11. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice job! Did i read somewhere on this site that your cabin is in Maggie Valley? We are looking to retire to NC or TN in a few years.
  12. Bar None

Oddometer:
    We are close to Robbinsville,NC.
    NJ-Bill likes this.
  13. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Had a nice ride to Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort and on to the Dragon after the oil change. Place was almost empty and there was very little traffic.

20200807_163228_2.jpg

Stopped on the way home to clear some weeds from in front of a cross that I mounted several years ago at a site where two brothers on separate motorcycles where killed by a wide running auto on the curve.

20200807_165256.jpg
    MJSfoto1956 and NJ-Bill like this.
  14. Bar None

Oddometer:
    On the Dragon
    3014062-min.jpg
  15. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Just passed 3k kms on her, knock on wood but no issues so far. Sold the other two motorcycles that I had here in the mountains so call me Scooter Boy.

20200818_143115.jpg
    Charleston likes this.
  16. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love the look of that scooter.

My first oil change on my China bike surprised me... I was expecting a fair amount of debris in the oil but all I had was a pencil eraser sized piece of what looked to be RTV... I have seen nothing but oil on subsequent oil changes.

Have any of you guys done a valve adjustment yet? I'm curious how the top end looks..
    When I pulled the valve cover for a valve adjustment, I was surprised at how clean the machine work on the castings and top end looked... I don't think it's Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki level of work but then I didn't pay for that level of quality either.

I think that with regular oil changes the motors should hold up relatively well.

I assume you haven't had any drive/belt issues..
    Don

Edit: my questions answered on page 4..
    I should have read the whole thread first. :fpalm
  17. Bar None

Oddometer:
    On my second oil change there was nothing on the magnetic drain plug on my scooter so I left it off since it was harder to install the plug and I went back the original drain plug. According to the owner's manual valves should be checked again at 4k km.
    This is my first GY6 scooter so don't know much about them. Might buy another and leave one here in the mountains and have one in Florida. They sold out again at the less than $1k place where I bought mine.

No belt issues on my Vision that I know of. How long does a GY6 150 belt last? I have read 10,000 to 20,000 km. Should I remove the cover to inspect the belt?

I am spoiled by the highway pegs on my scooter. Seems to be much more comfortable to me than keeping the feet on the floor.

Still don't see much wear on the rear tire.
    My only mods were removing the air injection system which didn't seem to be doing any air injection, rear rack and top box, and highway pegs.
    Oil changes, valve adjustment, a look at air cleaner, and adjust throttle cable is all the maintenance items so far. Don't plan to monkey with any other changes.
  18. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Don,
    How about some photos of your scooter?
  19. Bar None

Oddometer:
    I like this video on changing the belt.

Need a 8 mm and a 10 mm socket, extension, and a ratchet to remove the cover.
    I pulled the cover as was suggested and the number on the belt is a 835-20.
    My fingers are not strong enough to do that install. Could I use a couple c clamps?
  20. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Related discussion.

BROKEN belt typically causes improper variator weight orientation in ramps . . disassembly required!

MIGHT get away with expedient strategy IF variator spacer is inserted to maintain weight orientation?

SYM recommends belt & roller replacement at 12,000km / 7440 miles.
    Bar None and NJ-Bill like this.