1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Icebreaker 2020 - Lina’s Cookout (KY)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by jtclark13, Jan 30, 2020.

1. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's that time again, time to get the Icebreaker on your calendar before your riding excursions start to take over your year! I just spoke to Ralph and we have the weekend of April 3rd-5th locked in.

For those new to the area, the Icebreaker is an informal gathering in Cave City, KY to kick off the riding year. We will not have any formal routes put together, but the ride to Cave City has multiple options for a great ride in from any location. Some of us will be riding down Friday, riding together Saturday (potentially a set gps route) and rolling home Sunday. But many will ride in on Saturday, have a few adult beverages around the fire, and roll out Sunday. There will hopefully be plenty of riders to hook up with for the weekend that you shouldn’t have to ride alone.

Weather is always a crapshoot, we saw snow 2 years ago, and rain last year, but we always power through and adjust routes as needed for a great time! If you would like to join us, please reserve your cabin or campsite at Rock Cabin Camping (http://www.rockcabincamping.com/). You can call Ralph and Lina at 270-773-4740 or email rockcabincamping@yahoo.com.

And to spice things up this year, Ralph’s wife will provide dinner on Saturday night at no cost! They have always been gracious hosts, but to provide dinner shows how much they appreciate our business and the fun we bring to the area. Plus I’m sure Ralph will provide plenty of Angry Balls to sip on!

Hope to see a great group again this year!

And to CMA, here's the official this is not an official ride statement stolen from years ago:

Although for the most part everyone who hangs out on this forum already knows this but as a reminder to everyone and for you noobs please be aware that you go on this ride at your own risk. This ride is on public roads and you'll be exposed to all the usual risks you'll find anytime you leave the comfort and safety of the garage. This includes and is not limited to bad drivers, poor road and/or weather conditions, animals running out in front of you, your fellow riders and God only knows what else. If you don't think your abilities are up to this ride don't come along. There's no shame in being honest with yourself and realizing that maybe you're not ready to do a ride like this. All this being said if something unfortunate happens it's between you, the Law and your insurance company. No one going on the ride or involved with creating the suggested route can vouch for your ability or guarantee your safety so don't go whining here if you fall down and go boom. Ride with some common sense, show a little respect for your fellow riders and the locals' home turf we'll be riding through and everything ought to be peachy-keen.
    jclark83, mbabc and Wire Fox like this.
  2. Davidc83

Davidc83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, is that area still dry or did they go 'wet' where you dont have to go all the way to Bowling Green to buy beer?
    jtclark13 likes this.
  3. jclark83

jclark83 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beer at the gas stations in Cave City and there is a Liquor store in town also
    jtclark13 likes this.
  4. Deckyon

Deckyon The Raven

Oddometer:
    My plan is to make it. I have it on the calendar and a cabin reserved. I'd be riding down Saturday, home Sunday.

A bit of Bourbon, some good pipe tobacco and a fire and friends. Sounds like a great evening.
    jtclark13 likes this.
  5. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I always make sure to have bourbon to share too, there’s been a few Sundays I’ve struggled getting out of bed on Sunday as most will attest to :imaposer
    mbabc likes this.
  6. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Very important question! With a happy answer :drink
  7. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Hey all, got an email from Ralph and he has people requesting cabins the week we have reserved. If we don’t book them soon he’ll start to open them up to random people, so let’s get them booked up soon!
    mbabc likes this.
  8. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Cabin reserved. I'm coming down after work on Saturday.
  9. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I see how it is, now that you know I will have a bottle of Weller you commit :lol2
    mbabc likes this.
  10. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Now that you mention it....

I was trying to get off Saturday but didn't work out. Ralph was very gracious in letting me snag a single cabin for Sat. night.
  11. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Get your cabin while they are still available! I promise perfect weather or you money back on the ride :rofl
  12. Deckyon

Deckyon The Raven

Oddometer:
    haha

Have mine reserved. now trying to figure out the best choice of bourbon for me to bring.
  13. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing here at The Icebreaker to support you and your travel plans. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility.

Your Travel Safety

As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous.

:baldy

Ok, enough of that, seems liked I’ve read the same thing from 1000 companies. I have confidence in Ralph and his willingness to take great care of us. My dumb a** is hopping on a plane to St. Lucia tomorrow, so if our government decides to quarantine us for 2 weeks when we come back stateside I’ll miss the ride. I have confidence that won’t happen, but there’s been a lot of knee jerk reactions this week.

Regardless, if the funk doesn’t get too bad, I hope to see more riders committed to coming down. Based on recent weather it has potential to be a great weekend of riding!
    mbabc likes this.
  14. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    At this point the weather looks promising, we just need to keep an eye on the government regulations.
    (Pee Wee) likes this.