Iceland Star Grab

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by whereisgibson, Aug 15, 2014.

1. TwoUpTourer

TwoUpTourer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I spent a week driving around Iceland in June, and to anyone, I say go. It is better than you imagine. Only two weeks before, we stayed at the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and I often thought in Iceland that it was like driving through the Gand Canyon as opposed to just viewing it from the rim. We expected it to be good, but so often we were just blown away with the almost unreality of the landscape. Oh, and 24 hour sun was an interesting experience!
  2. whereisgibson

whereisgibson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Potski, though it is very scary watching such a fragile little drone disappear off into the sky. I think one simply must not think about all the things that could make it crash and just hope for the best! Another 4x4 in convoy would be great, hopefully the pictures can convince someone to come with me next time.

Thanks Blader, always a pleasure to hear from you, I wish you the very best for 2016! I'll be back on two wheels in no time.
  3. potski

potski Wiley Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Hi Martin,

Re drones: Just had a look on the Land Cruiser forum; the drone footage is amazing. Which drone is it; it's very steady.

I shouldn't really laugh, BUT, you just jogged my sense of humour memory bank. A few years back a neighbour bought a Go Pro and attached it to an early quad copter; it took off in a small spinney next to his house and was never ever seen again.... he and the local kids spent weeks looking for it on and off. Don't think you'll have a problems with trees though :-) But hang on, is it a white drone :D

You have the greatest time and Happy New Year too btw.

Drive safe
    Cheers
    Potski
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your awesome adventure! Great ride and pics! :clap
  5. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe RN

Oddometer:
    Hi praise from GB!!

Awesome RRs!!

Tahoe
  6. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Martin, Happy 2016 and may our paths cross on the road someday!
  7. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know it's 5 years ago but, is there any chance of turning all the London 2 Bahrain pics into a belated RR? It looks like a great adventure.
  8. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Nice to re-read this great report